of 8

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  17:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea...even tho it propably sounds like jackshit coming from me. But Im trying to amend for filesharing. I wont deny or wont be ashamed of filesharing, because without it, I would propably never would have liked Hardcore.

I say it like this because I actually bought both Off Yer Nut!! 1 and 2 from a sale by misstake, and barely did not like any of the tracks, before I started using computers

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Luna-C
Average Member

United Kingdom
222 posts
Luna-C is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  17:44:17  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Luna-C's homepage  Reply with quote
To reply to why files are sometimes fked up when you download, it can be because the hosted files are corrupt. The reason they are not checked is because it takes a long time. I didnt check every KF track before sending it to IMO simply because I sent them around 400 tracks. So, how long would it take to check every single track? 400 x 7 minutes. Hmmm....now think about IMO checking every single track before uploading it. That would probably take years - literally.
The result is a few bad files turn up. The thing to do is notify the website that you downloaded from, and tell them. They will tell the label its owned by, and it is their responsibility to fix it.
Also, some MP3 files are taken from vinyl - not often, but it happens. The reason is usually that the original master recording got lost or the DAT it was on got destroyed or corrupted. This happened to me with Jimmy J & Cru-l-t's "Santa Maria". I dont have the master DAT. Nor does anyone else. The best I can do is record it in and clean it up from vinyl. Which is what I did...but even so, its an official download coming from the owner, and as such, it is legal and remains the best quality version out there, because any one else who has recorded it has done so from vinyl too, only they dont have the legal right to be sharing it. Simple as....

Oh, and none of the above is an excuse for clipping. Thats caused by sloppy recording or over boosting the files volume.

Also, "Filesharing" and "illegal downloading" mean the same thing if the files you are sharing are not yours to share. If you rob a bank and put the money outside and give it to people for free, you still robbed the bank. You cant win that argument whichever way you turn. It is not a defence to say "but if I hadn't robbed it, I would never have liked money as much" or "everybody else was robbing it so I thought it was fine" or even "**** you, I dont care". You will still be branded a theif - thats just how it is, its not a personal attack.
My opinion of file sharing is perhaps more progressive than most people, and I prefer to deal with the world the way it is rather than the way I would like it to be. Kev Nu Energy is one of the safest guys in the business, but my conclusion to the illegal download debate is different to his.

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
raindance-rob has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  19:24:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
in DjSamination's defense you only need to upload *******s on one site & other ppl will upload it onto other sites, i found this when i uploaded some old dimension fm sets (the former owner of dimension fm was happy to see his old sets on sites) on a site, i now know that them uploads are on over 5 sites, although i only put them one to one.

Edited by - raindance-rob on 2007/12/17 19:25:35
djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  19:32:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
Just out of intrest DjSamination, roughly how much do you think you've spent over the years on hardcore singles/albums etc etc?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  20:21:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Since april, I've bought 19 vinyls + 4 that's delivering atm, 3 cd albums (singles, not mixed), and about 200 mp3/wav (which is fairly modest, since I've accumilated about 1060 since late 2004).

most of those vinyls where makina, so they are about 7 pound each, and then the UK Hardcore are the usual £4.5, but some where at £2.50, so I'll say 3.50 for these
11 x 7 + 4 x 7 = 77 + 28 = £105
8 x 3.5 = £28
Total Vinyl: £133

MP3's are abit harder to count, since i've bought them from various sites like IMOdownload, NuEnergy/HardBeatStore,trackitdown and serious sounds, but average prices would be aroun £1.50
243 x 1,50 ~ £360

CD's
12 + 8 + ~5 = £25 (2 Electronica Exposed CD's + Greatest Hardcore)

Vinyl: £133
MP3: £360
CD: £25
Total All: just around £510 to £520

Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/17 20:31:59
raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  20:29:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
i dont know why everyones kicking off you'v all downloaded from file sharing sites so aint you just being hipacritacel ?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  20:37:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
i dont know why everyones kicking off you'v all downloaded from file sharing sites so aint you just being hipacritacel ?

I might have sounded like a hypocrit, but that might have been poor selection of words from me. I don't try to deny that I fileshare/fileshared, nor do i try to defend my actions. I only defend myself when people blame me for making a mix out of illegally gotten tracks... but in the end, It's illegal to put them on websites for download, grayzone or not. and that goes for everyone (except those who's gotten 100% permission from [c] holders and/or actually owns the [c] to all the tracks used)

Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/17 20:38:31
raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  21:18:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
quote:

I might have sounded like a hypocrit, but that might have been poor selection of words from me. I don't try to deny that I fileshare/fileshared, nor do i try to defend my actions. I only defend myself when people blame me for making a mix out of illegally gotten tracks... but in the end, It's illegal to put them on websites for download, grayzone or not. and that goes for everyone (except those who's gotten 100% permission from [c] holders and/or actually owns the [c] to all the tracks used)

agreed mate, everyones done it & unlike everyone else you havent tried to bs cuz ya chatting on this site & fair play to ya for that :o)

Edited by - raindance-rob on 2007/12/17 21:19:58
djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  22:05:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounds like you've invested a lot of your own hard earned cash back into the scene. I doubt you'll go to hell.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/18 :  04:03:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
Sounds like you've invested a lot of your own hard earned cash back into the scene. I doubt you'll go to hell.

Oh yes, I will go to hell for other reasons ;P

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/12/18 :  06:06:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
agreed mate, everyones done it & unlike everyone else you havent tried to bs cuz ya chatting on this site & fair play to ya for that :o)

everyone?

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/18 :  11:51:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
look most ppl on here have if their being honest

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/18 :  12:41:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

everyone?

If you are saying that you have never breached copyright laws regarding file sharing let me be the first to say i believe you are talking sh*t:)

You should be working in burger king cause i'd sure love fries with that whopper:P

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/18 :  12:52:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
nite how i said everyone

luweiqd
Starting Member

Hong Kong
1 post
Posted - 2007/12/20 :  14:14:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit luweiqd's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok. Now I am probably quite different to a lot of people on this site. For a start I started listening to hardcore in 1991. I went to a couple of raves early on, lots of trance events in the late 90s, and then nothing for pretty much 10 years now. But I've been listening to hardcore non-stop for 16 years. No-one I know likes hardcore, and very few people know I like it either. Like it? Love it (like the rest of yah...)

So how much money have I put into the hardcore 'industry' in exchange for 16 years of excellent music? Probably 30 odd CD packs, before that tapes from record shops. I never bought vinyl. I can't have spent more than 500 pounds in total, e.g. about 30 quid a year. A few years back I downloaded stuff onto my computer from Napster, nowadays I just listen to the hardcore stream from DM.com, or DJ mixes available on websites (including NEC when it was there). So I've been having a free ride for 10 years or more...

In some ways hardcore seems to be going from strength to strength in 07 - well certainly the music is still ROCKING and there is so much new stuff and it still all sounds AWESOME to me. So there's not an absence of talent, right. And from I can see, it's really spreading roots deep in North America, being well established all over Europe, Australia, Canada, etc. But I get Kev Energy's point that the people who are actually leading, directing, the main contributors (people like him) aren't necessarily having an easy ride of it in terms of moneeeee.

Then have a look at what is happening in commercial parts of the music industry - no-one actually makes money from 'music' anymore - it's coming from the tours, from the T-shirts, from the 'marketing' [the Stones keep on rocking into their Seventies]. Is there a hardcore equivalent to this, eg making money not from the music but from a corollary ? OK so a lot of people at raves are 'passing through' and move onto other forms of music, but a lot of people have got a deep connection with hardcore which lives on even as they grow up and onwards (people like me). I've had a free ride but I'd have happily paid for it if it was easy to pay and the free option wasn't more accessible!

Actually ironically, I'll end up paying for things only when the music suddenly becomes less accessible (and I won't mind paying as I'd have worked hard to access the damn stuff).

Good luck Kev, keep up the good work and I hope it works out for you.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page