Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  15:16:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
ehm, I got that True Love never dies from IMO Download and it's not shit.

I got the 320 kbps version and trust me there is severe clipping........

Alert moderator Go to top of page
luminate

Australia
467 posts
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  15:39:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit luminate's homepage  Reply with quote
this may seem like a very one-sided opinion, and if i have my facts wrong feel fre to correct and humble me, but i was of the understanding that guys like darren styles and hixxy and kevin energy even would be making far more money from gigs then from releasing tunes.
whilst i enjoy producing (which i'm very new to, n rather shite at lol) the bigger picture would imply that its merely a tool used to help gain bigger and better bookings.
with an audience that isnt broad enough to provide ANY hardcore producer, no matter how good, a safe career financially solely based on production, anyone who doesnt see it as a stepping stone (not including those who produce simply for the enjoyment of it) needs to re-adjust their way of thinking.

tho i do agree that its absolute ******** that promoters are screwing producers out of what they deserve. making "radio edits" on something like itunes really does seem like the right direction to take things in to help pump some much deserved funds back to those who have earned it. even if its not the actually solution to the problem (for now, coz there is always a way around everything and there will always be those who will persist until they find it) it certainly seems like it's worth investigating.
if a group of well recognised producers just took the risk (which i cant really see being m,uch of a rick tbh) jumped on board with itunes i think the chances are very good that it would turn out well and would soon become the norm.

CHOONZ!!!!

HARRIBO
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
591 posts
HARRIBO has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  17:57:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HARRIBO's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HARRIBO:
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
I know there are sites out there but theres not one site which sells mp3s from all the 'big' hardcore artists. People can't be bothered searching tons of different websites and even then they probably won't find much.

I was looking for somewhere to buy Gammers latest stuff and some new tracks from Al Storm. Two big artists, no downloads.

good luck there although have heard that a next gen mp3 store will be up soon

Brisk hasn't comfirmed that, and frankly, when the new site is up, I dont tihink the MP3 store will be there (yet). And if it is. Then I will buy each and evry track (even those I dont like at all)

i was told that it would be up from the new year but not live

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,218 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  18:05:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by luminate:
this may seem like a very one-sided opinion, and if i have my facts wrong feel fre to correct and humble me, but i was of the understanding that guys like darren styles and hixxy and kevin energy even would be making far more money from gigs then from releasing tunes.
whilst i enjoy producing (which i'm very new to, n rather shite at lol) the bigger picture would imply that its merely a tool used to help gain bigger and better bookings.
with an audience that isnt broad enough to provide ANY hardcore producer, no matter how good, a safe career financially solely based on production, anyone who doesnt see it as a stepping stone (not including those who produce simply for the enjoyment of it) needs to re-adjust their way of thinking.

tho i do agree that its absolute ******** that promoters are screwing producers out of what they deserve. making "radio edits" on something like itunes really does seem like the right direction to take things in to help pump some much deserved funds back to those who have earned it. even if its not the actually solution to the problem (for now, coz there is always a way around everything and there will always be those who will persist until they find it) it certainly seems like it's worth investigating.
if a group of well recognised producers just took the risk (which i cant really see being m,uch of a rick tbh) jumped on board with itunes i think the chances are very good that it would turn out well and would soon become the norm.

true,a few years ago brisk came out and said that him and ham didn,t make much of vinyl sales,and that there biggest selling vinyl was the brisk and ham remixs of shooting star,which sold between 9000 and 10,000 units,and that all the money was in mixing compilations,and i,m sure they would pocket a rite few grand for doing a couple of sets at the weekend

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  18:38:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by __CMC__:
quote:

Since I presume Sy mastered it, i copied this from the Quosh mp3/wav store:
quote:
All our .wav files are mastered for optimal club play (ie they are as loud as possible without distortion).

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
raindance-rob has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  18:49:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
from the mp3s iv heard from imo download id say that spinback rips them himslef

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  18:54:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
from the mp3s iv heard from imo download id say that spinback rips them himslef

instead of spitting out shit, could you say what tracks you have bought and are as shit as you say?
and just because some tracks seems to have clipping, it could very well be mastering, not ripping that's is the cause (IMOdownload just gets 320/192kb/s mp3s)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/15 18:56:09
raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/15 :  19:03:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
i brought Double Trouble Volume 2 & a few others, i have it on vinyl but i wanted it in mp3 format

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  07:13:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by __CMC__:
quote:

Since I presume Sy mastered it, i copied this from the Quosh mp3/wav store:
quote:
All our .wav files are mastered for optimal club play (ie they are as loud as possible without distortion).

Clipping = distortion

I can assure you the version i got from imo sounds like shit

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  08:31:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
wav files are better & usually lossless :o)

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  09:41:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

No sh*t sherlock? LMAO

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  15:11:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
.wav files are better than all mp3s but that still doesnt mean there can't be clipping.

Original tracks are exported as .wav files and mastered as .wav files - any clipping happened as a .wav file before it happened anywhere else.

If they were ripped, and above 0dB when they were recorded then yeah that can cause clipping too...

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  16:14:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah, I've had some clipped tracks off IMOdownload too

djSamination mixes vinyl rips he shares on ******** so he probably doesn't have great hearing in the first place (cause vinyl rips sound like complete garbage 99,9% of the time...)

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  16:36:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

aiff files are better than wav!

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  16:42:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
yeah, I've had some clipped tracks off IMOdownload too

djSamination mixes vinyl rips he shares on ******** so he probably doesn't have great hearing in the first place (cause vinyl rips sound like complete garbage 99,9% of the time...)

Finally someone that knows what i am talking about! I can hear the clipping on my sh*tty speakers in my room, through my head phones it is crystal clear that there is clipping!

I can only imagine what it would sound like in a club i certanily would not be brave enough to try it

@djSamination

I can tell by my ears that there is clipping but 2 more factors made me sure,

1. the wave forms on scratch live are 1 continuos rectangle (instead of the usual peaks fro the bass etc.)
2. mp3 gain also confirms there is clipping http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ try it..........

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page