of 8

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  18:17:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by __CMC__:
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
yeah, I've had some clipped tracks off IMOdownload too

djSamination mixes vinyl rips he shares on ******** so he probably doesn't have great hearing in the first place (cause vinyl rips sound like complete garbage 99,9% of the time...)

Finally someone that knows what i am talking about! I can hear the clipping on my sh*tty speakers in my room, through my head phones it is crystal clear that there is clipping!

I can only imagine what it would sound like in a club i certanily would not be brave enough to try it

@djSamination

I can tell by my ears that there is clipping but 2 more factors made me sure,

1. the wave forms on scratch live are 1 continuos rectangle (instead of the usual peaks fro the bass etc.)
2. mp3 gain also confirms there is clipping http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ try it..........

So I didnt listen to the track at fulle volume (that way all tracks clip), but you dont need to make a statement 3 times in a row after my last reply. I will confess that I haven't relistened to the track during this conversation as I don't like the track anyways.

And yea Dain-Ja, when I rip my vinyls I dont try to max them, tho I've noticed alot of hardcore tracks have "near clipping" for basicly each kick/bassdrum, and no I dont use soul seek (only the occational log on for chats). If you're trying to bring me out as a no good for nothing, you're losing the battle, as I've done that myself for the last 2 years

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/16 18:19:33
raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
raindance-rob has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/12/16 :  20:13:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
thats what happens when you rip vinyl tho (if their scratched), if their not then it shouldnt be a problem

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  00:58:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
I bought a MP3 track from IMO. Near the end of the track there was a huge jump missing out about 2 seconds of the track. Not very impressed.

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  03:03:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
? what do you mean by a jump ? im guessing that part of the tune is missing ?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  03:38:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
that happens sometimes (on all download sites). Either you didn't get the complete file,it was corrupted when it was uploaded to the server or the ones who uploaded didn't bother to check the files.

quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
thats what happens when you rip vinyl tho (if their scratched), if their not then it shouldnt be a problem

Well I try to clean my audio file before I save it

Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/17 03:39:33
raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  04:35:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
ud think that they would check em tho when ppl are paying to download them.

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  14:17:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
quote:
quote:

djSamination mixes vinyl rips he shares on ******** so he probably doesn't have great hearing in the first place (cause vinyl rips sound like complete garbage 99,9% of the time...)

Finally someone that knows what i am talking about! I can hear the clipping on my sh*tty speakers in my room, through my head phones it is crystal clear that there is clipping!

I can only imagine what it would sound like in a club i certanily would not be brave enough to try it

@djSamination

1. the wave forms on scratch live are 1 continuos rectangle (instead of the usual peaks fro the bass etc.)
2. mp3 gain also confirms there is clipping http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ try it..........

So I didnt listen to the track at fulle volume (that way all tracks clip), but you dont need to make a statement 3 times in a row after my last reply.

And yea Dain-Ja, when I rip my vinyls I dont try to max them, tho I've noticed alot of hardcore tracks have "near clipping" for basicly each kick/bassdrum, and no I dont use soul seek (only the occational log on for chats). If you're trying to bring me out as a no good for nothing, you're losing the battle, as I've done that myself for the last 2 years

What the hell are you talking about?! All tracks don't clip at full volume. If the recording/file is not clipped playing it at a full volume won't make it clip. It might distort if you have a shitty amp and/or speakers but that's not clipping.

Also, if a recording is clipped, it will sound like shit at even the lowest of volume levels.

You obviously don't understand anything if you're saying "near clipping". They his near zero because the whole point is to master a track so the peaks are at 0dB (or just under) - that way there's no clipping and maximum volume (which, with anything analog reduce the noise floor and therefore maximizes quality).

And yeah, I don't really need to bring you down, everyone knows you're not only a pirate but someone that runs a hardcore music piracy group. I can't belive Silver even allows you to have mixes on this radio station.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  14:18:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by raindancerob:
ud think that they would check em tho when ppl are paying to download them.

to be honest, the ones giving them to IMOd should check to see if it works aswell. Considering the amount of files they have, I doubt they got time to check all the files, It would be wizer to wait till someone notice a damaged file so they can repair it. The poor thing with this, is that if someone else have bought it and not noticed he got a damaged/incorrect file, he will never be contacted with the new information

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  14:44:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

@djSamination

So I didnt listen to the track at fulle volume (that way all tracks clip), but you dont need to make a statement 3 times in a row after my last reply.

What the hell are you talking about?! All tracks don't clip at full volume. If the recording/file is not clipped playing it at a full volume won't make it clip. It might distort if you have a shitty amp and/or speakers but that's not clipping.

Also, if a recording is clipped, it will sound like shit at even the lowest of volume levels.

You obviously don't understand anything if you're saying "near clipping". They his near zero because the whole point is to master a track so the peaks are at 0dB (or just under) - that way there's no clipping and maximum volume (which, with anything analog reduce the noise floor and therefore maximizes quality).

And yeah, I don't really need to bring you down, everyone knows you're not only a pirate but someone that runs a hardcore music piracy group. I can't belive Silver even allows you to have mixes on this radio station.

defo mate you got it in a nutshell there

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  15:22:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

@djSamination

So, I don't know about producing, I'm just a fcuking listener

I dont run any piracy group. I was (and still am) just a one guy who made vinyl ripps and shared them on p2p networks.
and since you dont seem to know anythign about piracy either. PIRATE GROUPS DO NOT UPLOAD THEIR STUFF TO VARIOUS SITES, THOSE WHO DOWNLOAD DOES.

anyways, when it comes to my "mixes", I have only made 2 back2back mixes with Bluecore, and they are off the stream for a long time now. and why would I upload mixes to a site if people are forced to listen to it here?

... I better shut up, I just keep getting less and less friends for not trying to defend myself

Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/17 15:32:56
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  15:47:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

@djSamination

I dont run any piracy group. I was (and still am) just a one guy who made vinyl ripps and shared them on p2p networks.
and since you dont seem to know anythign about piracy either. PIRATE GROUPS DO NOT UPLOAD THEIR STUFF TO VARIOUS SITES, THOSE WHO DOWNLOAD DOES.

anyways, when it comes to my "mixes", I have only made 2 back2back mixes with Bluecore, and they are off the stream for a long time now. and why would I upload mixes to a site if people are forced to listen to it here?

... I better shut up, I just keep getting less and less friends for not trying to defend myself

If you don't know what you're talking about don't say anything.

I highly doubt anybody will accept your weak defenses. The fact is that you are a pirate, you admit it and you hurt our scene. Sharing vinyl rips has an exponential effect since hundreds, if not thousands, of people end up with the file.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  16:27:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

@djSamination

If you don't know what you're talking about don't say anything.

I highly doubt anybody will accept your weak defenses. The fact is that you are a pirate, you admit it and you hurt our scene. Sharing vinyl rips has an exponential effect since hundreds, if not thousands, of people end up with the file.

that depends. People barely touched my "upload" as it didnt contain the 3 names of Hixxy, Styles or Breeze.
And rather not oppenly admiting I fileshare, would you rather have me lie, get close and then finally get exposed as a real con artist? Then I'd rather act like Rankin, steal and then sell/expose the tracks as my own

Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/17 16:34:55
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  16:46:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
you're only exposing yourself because so many people have called you on it in the past

you were also BSing people on ush saying you only share and download vinyl rips of tracks that are no longer available, however that was proven wrong many times

and you were also forced to admit to downloading tracks released solely on CD

Anyways, we should be talking about the scene, not DJ kazaa here...let's get back on track.

People like Samus here will keep doing this because they have found ways of justifying it to themselves - we need to find a way to work around people like him.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  16:59:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
you're only exposing yourself because so many people have called you on it in the past

Actually, I haven't counted the many post I mad that where edited by a Mod because I said to much about filesharing

quote:
you were also BSing people on ush saying you only share and download vinyl rips of tracks that are no longer available, however that was proven wrong many times

I share, not download (illegal) vinyl rips, last time I properly download v-rips where back in 2005, where most stuff where being uploaded to download services
quote:
and you were also forced to admit to downloading tracks released solely on CD.

yet again sharing, not download (well I did download Bonkers 11, 12 and 17, but I never had them more than 1 or 2 days)

quote:
Anyways, we should be talking about the scene, not DJ kazaa here...let's get back on track.

Yea, that's why I said I'd shut up, but i keep getting bitchslapped

quote:
People like Samus here will keep doing this because they have found ways of justifying it to themselves - we need to find a way to work around people like him.

Only way to do this (what I've seen), is to force each and every country in the world to apply the same law & rules when it comes to filesharing, and punishment.

Just like in my case, Sweden. It is not a fileshares paradise everyone seems to think. It's just that the government hasn't put much funds into the police authorities (for any kind of crime to add to the information), and we have the largest amount of people who have access to broadband at home.

In the states (Im just going to use what I've heard, I'm propably exaduaring (spelling?)), the laws are too forceful, and it always strikes the real smalltime filesharers (like little girls with 1-2 britney spears songs?).

But as mentioned before (and on USH), Hardcore isn't based around music anymore, it's based about DJs spining tracks. Even tho I'd want to see more widespreed single releases (not only on 1 kind of format), just face it, Hardcore radio cuts doesn't really appeal to many (considering most UK Hardcore is produced for mixing)

Edited by - Samination on 2007/12/17 17:03:21
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Posted - 2007/12/17 :  17:04:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Actually, I haven't counted the many post I mad that where edited by a Mod because I said to much about filesharing

quote:

I share, not download (illegal) vinyl rips, last time I properly download v-rips where back in 2005, where most stuff where being uploaded to download services
quote:
and you were also forced to admit to downloading tracks released solely on CD.

yet again sharing, not download (well I did download Bonkers 11, 12 and 17, but I never had them more than 1 or 2 days)

quote:

Yea, that's why I said I'd shut up, but i keep getting bitchslapped

quote:

Only way to do this (what I've seen), is to force each and every country in the world to apply the same law & rules when it comes to filesharing, and punishment.

Just like in my case, Sweden. It is not a fileshares paradise everyone seems to think. It's just that the government hasn't put much funds into the police authoratize (for any kind of crime to add to the information), and we have the largest amount of people who have access to broadband at home.

In the states (Im just going to use what I've heard, I'm propably exaduaring (spelling?)), the laws are too forceful, and it always strikes the real smalltime filesharers (like little girls with 1-2 britney spears songs?)

The root problem is not legislation or policing.
Proof is that the USA has ridiculously strict laws that haven't had any effect.

The root of the problem is skewed morals - people believe they're entitled to things because there wasn't enough education done in the early days of P2P, and now it has become a standard and doubts have been eliminated from the younger generations' moral code.

Obviously, we can't tell people not to share, not to download because people will always believe that it doesn't hurt if THEY do it (much like people that think it's useless to vote in elections because it's only one vote).

Our small EDM scene needs to adapt to these skewed morals and find new ways of making profit. I guess we'll see what happens...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page