Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  15:07:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Totally different, HappyHardcore.com radio is 100% fully licensed radio station, every track played on there is paid basically. The license is paid to SoundExchange, a nonprofit organization that collects royalty payments from digital music broadcasters and distributes them to rights holders. SoundExchange is an American company since we broadcast from there, but artist payments make it all over the world.

I'm confused. Who does the money go to?
I know plenty of people with tunes that play on here that certainly have never gotten a SoundExchange payment.

How do they know which tunes have been played? Or does this money just go to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake?

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  16:24:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:

How do they know which tunes have been played? Or does this money just go to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake?

I can't believe that someone just mentioned that worthless garbage in this forum. Please keep those pop douches out of this website and anything related to them.

As far as filesharing, that is how I really got into hardcore music. If it wasn't for napster, I would have never discovered it. Yes I am ashamed that i did participate in the filesharing programs, but I do not regret it. That is because I now listen to hardcore exclusively and buy the compilation CDs. I recently got Hardcore Underground 2, Bonkers 17 and Clubland Xtreme hardcore 4.

Yea I know it's bad that I just mentioned that considering that someone recently mentioned that the artists that have songs appearing on these titles do not get any type of royalties on them. But I have trouble finding a good site where I can individually download these songs.

Plus it seems pretty expensive considering that translated into dollars, they cost over 2 dollars here, while the trash on iTunes is less than a dollar. The hardcore songs they have on there are so old they aren't worth looking into purchasing them.

I also wondered why artists don't do any regular albums like trance artists do. I have no problem buying anything that DJ Ham, Dougal, Gammer and Darwin make because I think their styles are so great. I have no problem with the DJ mixes, but I also like hearing the full song as well.

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  17:46:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
I think it's time to put radio edits of the singles on iTunes

You've obviously not heard about the DRM bollocks then.
DRM is another reason for filesharing. iTunes DRM is crap. Ok its VERY VERY easy to get around it - But not many people know how (It goes with any Audo DRM. Video DRM is different)

The vast majority of iTunes users actually BUY the music, though. Just look at the numbers that the companies putting their tracks on there are posting, and you'll realize that your assumption is wrong. iTunes has such a wide consumer-base that it's almost a mistake NOT to use it.

Trust me, when all you want to do is listen on your iPod, DRM is not a deterrent at all. The only people that are put off by it are people who don't want to pay.

von-X

Hungary
404 posts
von-X has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  18:11:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit von-X's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

I also wondered why artists don't do any regular albums like trance artists do. I have no problem buying anything that DJ Ham, Dougal, Gammer and Darwin make because I think their styles are so great. I have no problem with the DJ mixes, but I also like hearing the full song as well.

Very-very agreed! With full of radio edited tracks. This way djs can't really use them, so they will buy vinyls, but it would be good for listeners.

Dezigned 4 Ravers:
www.dezigned4ravers.com

Digital Resolution:
www.myspace.com/digitalresolutionlabel

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  18:41:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by von-X:
quote:

Very-very agreed! With full of radio edited tracks. This way djs can't really use them, so they will buy vinyls, but it would be good for listeners.

I'm a listener and a DJ, so radio edits doesn't cut it for... nor does vinyl appeal that much to me, but to get music, i need to buy them

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

von-X

Hungary
404 posts
von-X has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  18:44:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit von-X's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
quote:
Originally posted by von-X:
quote:

I'm a listener and a DJ, so radio edits doesn't cut it for... nor does vinyl appeal that much to me, but to get music, i need to buy them

The conclusion: all music should be available in various versions and format: radio/"12 edit, vinyl/cd/mp3

Dezigned 4 Ravers:
www.dezigned4ravers.com

Digital Resolution:
www.myspace.com/digitalresolutionlabel

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  19:14:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
No matter how much benefit file sharing has given anyone, there will still never be an excuse to justify it, ever, it's pointless even trying.

deejaybee
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
deejaybee is verified hardcore artist deejaybee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  20:28:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
As far as I am aware, I have never seen a penny from any of my tunes that have been broadcast on Di.fm radio, although this is something that I will be checking with my publisher shortly.

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  20:31:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by deejaybee:
As far as I am aware, I have never seen a penny from any of my tunes that have been broadcast on Di.fm radio, although this is something that I will be checking with my publisher shortly.

yeah, it seems like being licensed allows this station to be LEGAL but that doesn't mean it gives a penny to producers in a small underground music scene like the hardcore one

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Ghetto_smurf420

Canada
72 posts
Posted - 2007/12/12 :  21:56:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ghetto_smurf420's homepage  Reply with quote
I was unaware that the CD packs where unlicensed or are you guys talking about the event tape packs Not The Compilation Albums Ie: Bonkers Hardcore Heaven Etc.............Because if buying more vynil over compilation albums will support artists more somebody say the word and ill start buying twice as much vinyl as i do cds right now i buy 3 times as many cd as vinyl i thought the money from the compilation albums wound up ine veryones pockets

By The Way: can any1 real quickly tell me what a chav and a punter are i read it all over this site and am left clueless as to what they mean :D

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  03:29:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Soundexchange pays MCPS in england and other countries retrospective equals. You need to have your tracks registered with a publisher. All Digitally Imported channels are the same and all have the same license.

Ravenatic

United Kingdom
20 posts
Ravenatic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  09:47:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravenatic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenatic:
quote:
I think it's time to put radio edits of the singles on iTunes

You've obviously not heard about the DRM bollocks then.
DRM is another reason for filesharing. iTunes DRM is crap. Ok its VERY VERY easy to get around it - But not many people know how (It goes with any Audo DRM. Video DRM is different)

The vast majority of iTunes users actually BUY the music, though. Just look at the numbers that the companies putting their tracks on there are posting, and you'll realize that your assumption is wrong. iTunes has such a wide consumer-base that it's almost a mistake NOT to use it.

Trust me, when all you want to do is listen on your iPod, DRM is not a deterrent at all. The only people that are put off by it are people who don't want to pay.

Not what I've heard with so many discussions about it.
I buy stuff off iTunes quite a lot, because I know how to get around the DRM issue. The main thing that people are saying is that they don't like to play their music in iTunes and/or want to put them on their phone and/or to burn as an MP3 CD to use on CD Decks (As well as general Anti-DRM people ofc) - and these people do not know how to get round it.

Yes, alot of people use it - But at the same time, alot of the users complain about it.
I'm so glad IMODownload and the likes do not use DRM :D

R a v e n a t i c

Reminiscing On A Rush Is Better Than Any White Powder!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  10:00:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"I also wondered why artists don't do any regular albums like trance artists do. I have no problem buying anything that DJ Ham, Dougal, Gammer and Darwin make because I think their styles are so great. I have no problem with the DJ mixes, but I also like hearing the full song as well."

CLSM have done three, and Sharkey's second one may well surface in 2008 ( likely hampered by Resist shenannigans ).

I've been toying with the idea for a while, I have no doubt that Darwin or Fracus could beaver away on a truly spectacular broad ranged artist album and it's something I'll definitely consider for 2008.

RFUCD002 would have helped fill the "full track" niche, but due to scene antics I think it's better to put absolutely 100% into HU3. Now or never. Last stand. La la la!

CDay

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  14:24:06  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Soundexchange pays MCPS in england and other countries retrospective equals. You need to have your tracks registered with a publisher. All Digitally Imported channels are the same and all have the same license.

Not that the MCPS actually pays its artists either. Frankly, its a joke. Most of the royalties disappear in administration fees and what not.

quote:
Originally posted by deejaybee:As far as I am aware, I have never seen a penny from any of my tunes that have been broadcast on Di.fm radio, although this is something that I will be checking with my publisher shortly.

Ditto.

98dblachr
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  17:41:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 98dblachr's homepage  Reply with quote
I must say, this really does confuse me.

There are some cracking albums getting released at the moment on the shelves. True Hardcore and Slipmatt, Bunter etcs new slant with Rave Breaks and the traditional stuff on there. Resist have gone under I guess because of poor management, they shelled out for the latest bonkers then bang. Its quite simple, make music people want to hear they will buy it. Blaming filesharing is just a joke. Yes its a big problem, but sorting out albums that can't be ripped isn't. Yes it costs more money but its a sound investment. The fact of the matter is the last decent Bonkers was 13-15, after that its been going down hill. Clubland X-Treme hardcore is for people who arn't really into hardcore, just like the clubland vibe of wigan peer and chavs.

Thats another thing, nowadays a lot of hardcore lovers are chavs, they don't have much money so they fileshare, and get their cds from baz at work or whatever.

Its simple, make decent music and it will sell. Manange your content correctly (eg MP3 over SSL website with DRM suitable for ripping to CD as audio,) and filesharing wont be that much of a problem.

Jesus i downloaded Hixxy's old skool killa kuts then went out and brought the album, the same with 14 & 15.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page