Total online 2038
 Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 8 - Tracklist!

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:39:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
1. "Pretty much confirms everyone's (well, most people's) fears." -> please realise this only applies to the minority of UK Hardcore listeners that happen to attend this forum.

When I said "everyone", I was referring to the people that use this sight. I'm not blind - I know there are thousands of people lapping this stuff up - I see it every day on facebook and SoundCloud.

d2kx is just another person who can't read. Nobody even mentioned half the stuff he was complaining about, he's so defensive of the genre he likes that he stereotypically groups everybody in the same box and thinks he knows the arguments.

And these are the kind of people who defend the new style of Hardcore, which speaks volumes really. If the music doesn't stop them, maybe natural selection will.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:42:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
With no 4/4 kick, my brain was interpreting that as 85 bpm. And the "breakbeat was at half speed as well, so you couldn't defend it as a break eat tune.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:49:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
And the "breakbeat was at half speed as well, so you couldn't defend it as a break eat tune.

It was a Dubstep beat. Same white-noise snare that dubstep has been doing for ages, particularly Rusko. That's why I found the tune boring, many of us found Electro and Dubstep long before it started sneaking into every crevace in electronic music - trying to re-hash it and shove it in a Hardcore tune isn't fooling anyone who was listening to it a few years back. I used to be a fan of Techstep, Darkstep, Early Dubstep and Electro...I've heard all this stuff before, I know all the wubs and the filth and I'm over it. Anyone trying to copy deadmau5's signature moog sounds or the same Dubstep tempo synced LFO in 2012 and tell me it's fresh is just laughable really, they must think we were born yesterday.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:50:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
If the music doesn't stop them, maybe natural selection will.

Tbh I think you're going a bit too far.

---

Edited by - Dys7 on 2012/01/13 20:55:00
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:58:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
1. "Pretty much confirms everyone's (well, most people's) fears." -> please realise this only applies to the minority of UK Hardcore listeners that happen to attend this forum.

When I said "everyone", I was referring to the people that use this sight. I'm not blind - I know there are thousands of people lapping this stuff up - I see it every day on facebook and SoundCloud.

d2kx is just another person who can't read. Nobody even mentioned half the stuff he was complaining about, he's so defensive of the genre he likes that he stereotypically groups everybody in the same box and thinks he knows the arguments.

And these are the kind of people who defend the new style of Hardcore, which speaks volumes really. If the music doesn't stop them, maybe natural selection will.

Tbh I think you're going a bit too far.

I'm not going too far at all, the only thing people said about the new Clubland CD is that they didn't like it because of the electro influences. This guy then comes in and implies that we're moaning about something entirely different. He hasn't read the thread at all, he's just heard contrasting opinions and assumed they are of the trancy-riff-debate ilk. This constantly happens on these topics, you try to have a sensible debate and someone comes in accusing people left right and centre of things they haven't said just because they assume that 'not liking electro = must be complaining about lack of trancy riffs' when it's not the case at all.

It's always the same supporters of electrocore who do this - they rush in without reading and assume opinions of everyone involved. Perhaps if they actually read what people wrote they wouldn't be so quick as to judge everyone as a 'hater'.

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  21:26:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
Obviously that clip was only a short part of the VIP mix of Bang 2 Me Nasty, the rest of the track is 170 BPM+. Also, yes I did the read the whole thread and the other topics. NekoShuffle is right in that I don't live in the UK, but saying that I do not listen to other genres makes me laugh, as I literally listen to pretty much anything from Ambient and downtempo Psytrance up to experimental Speedcore, some more and some less. Furthermore, not once did I use the term "hater". In fact, I stopped posting on Ush before its death because I thought calling each other names was getting out of hand. I see where you're coming from, obviously we disagree nowadays (I say nowadays because I was really disappointed about the electro/dubstep influences in early-mid 2011), but I am not sure that last comment about natural selection was really necessary.

Edited by - d2kx on 2012/01/13 21:27:09
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  21:29:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:Furthermore, not once did I use the term "hater".

Further proof you aren't reading the thread. I didn't accuse you of saying that.

Additionally, can you explain to me why the clip you posted IS fresh? Taking my points into consideration? If you listen to so many other genres then you should know exactly why it isn't fresh. In fact if you listen to hardcore you should realise that it isn't fresh. I don't want to shit on your work too much here, but you are pretty much just copying what's popular in hardcore right now, and to do so you're using what was popular in Electro and Dubstep years ago. There's nothing fresh about that. I'm not saying you can't make it, feel free to do what you want with it, but I don't see that as being fresh in the slightest.

Edited by - NekoShuffle on 2012/01/13 21:33:38
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  21:36:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I really don't want to get into all this again so i'll just say this then leave it alone.

Firstly, anybody who wants to call me a hater because i don't like the direction the music is going in can suck my plums. I have listened to Hardcore since it started and it has gone through many changes, some radical and some more subtle - but this is the ONLY time i've been against such a change. What concerns me (apart from not liking the style which is just my personal opinion) is that what could have been a nice change from the norm has been jumped on by just about everybody.

NOBODY can tell me that all these producers have just decided it's the only way to go - no, they've jumped on a bandwagon that didn't need to be jumped on. I'd never accuse anybody of 'selling out' cos they can do what they like, but they'd get more respect from me if they made what they want and not what they expect would get them accepted by the big boys.

I'm not so stuck in my ways that i can't accept change. What i can't accept is listening to tunes that are the musical equivalent of a cut and shut! I don't want to hear a tune that is really promising and uplifting bolted onto some unconnected bollocks. Just finish what you started! Minimal is ok in the right situation, just don't lead me on with the promise of fun for 3 minutes first.

The likes of Gammer and Styles have the ability to switch things around and vary their stuff - i'd like to think partly because they know it's not always going to be what we want to hear. Many lesser artists don't have that versatility and could suffer as a result.

After all that. Strangely, i'm looking forward to Breeze's 'filth' set at ILHB, it'll either confirm my opinion or prove me totally wrong!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  21:42:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh, and 'fresh applies to something new or different. Seeing as it's already become the norm to do this style that's the last thing i'd call it.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  21:53:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I really don't want to get into all this again so i'll just say this then leave it alone.

Firstly, anybody who wants to call me a hater because i don't like the direction the music is going in can suck my plums. I have listened to Hardcore since it started and it has gone through many changes, some radical and some more subtle - but this is the ONLY time i've been against such a change. What concerns me (apart from not liking the style which is just my personal opinion) is that what could have been a nice change from the norm has been jumped on by just about everybody.

NOBODY can tell me that all these producers have just decided it's the only way to go - no, they've jumped on a bandwagon that didn't need to be jumped on. I'd never accuse anybody of 'selling out' cos they can do what they like, but they'd get more respect from me if they made what they want and not what they expect would get them accepted by the big boys.

I'm not so stuck in my ways that i can't accept change. What i can't accept is listening to tunes that are the musical equivalent of a cut and shut! I don't want to hear a tune that is really promising and uplifting bolted onto some unconnected bollocks. Just finish what you started! Minimal is ok in the right situation, just don't lead me on with the promise of fun for 3 minutes first.

The likes of Gammer and Styles have the ability to switch things around and vary their stuff - i'd like to think partly because they know it's not always going to be what we want to hear. Many lesser artists don't have that versatility and could suffer as a result.

After all that. Strangely, i'm looking forward to Breeze's 'filth' set at ILHB, it'll either confirm my opinion or prove me totally wrong!

Exactly this. I'm not gonna turn this into that previous trainwreck of a thread either. If anyone feels any desire to hear any of my opinions, just re-read what DMS has said.

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  21:59:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:Further proof you aren't reading the thread. I didn't accuse you of saying that.

Additionally, can you explain to me why the clip you posted IS fresh? Taking my points into consideration? If you listen to so many other genres then you should know exactly why it isn't fresh. In fact if you listen to hardcore you should realise that it isn't fresh. I don't want to shit on your work too much here, but you are pretty much just copying what's popular in hardcore right now, and to do so you're using what was popular in Electro and Dubstep years ago. There's nothing fresh about that. I'm not saying you can't make it, feel free to do what you want with it, but I don't see that as being fresh in the slightest.

If I was really mean, I would go forward and point out that you are the one not reading the thread, as I have clearly stated it was an excerpt from the VIP mix of Bang 2 Me Nasty and therefore from the album this topic is about, not my work, and that I said it was "refreshing to the UK Hardcore scene", not fresh in general music terms, I am aware this style has been done elsewhere before. Yes, even within UK Hardcore we had electro-driven tracks before, but not as consequently and well done as the newer material. But I am not mean and therefore will come and visit you and give you a nice warm hug whenever I will travel to the UK.

I'd love to explain to you what I love about some (read: certainly (!) not all) of the newer electro/dubstep-driven tracks but I feel my vocabulary is lacking, although it probably wasn't a lot easier in my native language as well. Maybe I'll give it a try, but not today.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  22:09:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:Further proof you aren't reading the thread. I didn't accuse you of saying that.

If I was really mean, I would go forward and point out that you are the one not reading the thread, as I have clearly stated it was an excerpt from the VIP mix of Bang 2 Me Nasty and therefore from the album this topic is about, not my work, and that I said it was "refreshing to the UK Hardcore scene", not fresh in general music terms, I am aware this style has been done elsewhere before. Yes, even within UK Hardcore we had electro-driven tracks before, but not as consequently and well done as the newer material. But I am not mean and therefore will come and visit you and give you a nice warm hug whenever I will travel to the UK.

I'd love to explain to you what I love about some (read: certainly (!) not all) of the newer electro/dubstep-driven tracks but I feel my vocabulary is lacking, although it probably wasn't a lot easier in my native language as well. Maybe I'll give it a try, but not today.

That's fine lol, I'd give you a hug too. I'm tempted to add a bit more about the production quality but I think for the sanity of everyone on this forum I won't say anymore. The last clubland thread was horrific, I don't want a repeat of that.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  22:11:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
Albums a cracker. Am getting more & more into this newer style of UKCore.

Loving the combination of both uplifting & electro style stuff in a set.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  22:56:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:

Now THIS is a guy that hasn't been reading the thread.

---

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  23:33:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:

Now THIS is a guy that hasn't been reading the thread.

Thank God too because I'm tired of these threads turning into differing opinions of the directions of the scene. We get it already, some of y'all like it some of y'all don't.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2012/01/14 00:08:19

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page