Total online 2141
 Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 8 - Tracklist!

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  15:21:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
How've you managed that ya minx?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,687 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  15:55:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
Naughtily. Think I'm going to delete it though. If you don't like electrocore then you'll be using these discs as coasters. The Hixxy CD kinda fooled me into thinking it wouldn't be like that, then it kicked in later. There are some good tracks scattered here and there, and the Styles mix is hard to dislike even if you're not into that stuff, but on the whole I don't think it's worth a purchase unless you're really into the electro stuff.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  16:31:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Naughtily. Think I'm going to delete it though. If you don't like electrocore then you'll be using these discs as coasters. The Hixxy CD kinda fooled me into thinking it wouldn't be like that, then it kicked in later. There are some good tracks scattered here and there, and the Styles mix is hard to dislike even if you're not into that stuff, but on the whole I don't think it's worth a purchase unless you're really into the electro stuff.

lol what's sad is you really don't even have to try that hard to find it. a simple google search and there it is on the first page

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  17:19:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok i've listened to the previews on itunes and as a huge avid Clubland hardcore fan i have got to say that i am horrified by what i have heard. I'm also an album collector and my collection has to be broken by the absense of this album because i don't think i could bring myself to own it even if it was for free and yes a lot of people will say that i'm just a hater etc and blah blah blah but i really can't explain just how much i have loved all of the clubland hardcore series so this is really really horrid for me. I don't want to rant about the state of the scene etc but it's obvious why hardcore is in the shitter at the moment with HU5 being a shadow of what was expected also. The highlight of the year was Kevin energys My rave and he's left so i think i'm gonna go join Club smoogie lol.

No not really i'm not that desperate and while the year has been a bit scarce for quality almost on the 2009 scale for me i'm still optimistic that the scene will move on but i do want to start a motion that these guys are banned from calling that stuff hardcore. It's not fair on the people who actually enjoy the music so i suggest it be called Wankcore! it's a fitting name that sums up all it is worthy of....

the suprise wankcore makers of the album are Sy & Unknown (what a good year they were having before the new year) and HAM??? what happened to him? WHY WHY WHY?? I'm going to cry in the corner and go back to wishing it was 2006 again and yes while i was harsh on HU5 deservedly i must now say that once again my world has fallen apart in terms of Hardcore.

edited to add

yes it's true it is first page on a google search where you can download it free with no registration or anything but bloody hell if i was ever going to get caught file sharing i would never do it for that piece of wank.

And wtf do they only have 3 basslines??

Edited by - Vladel on 2012/01/13 17:22:45
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  17:38:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Pretty much confirms everyone's (well, most people's) fears.

Although it will need a slightly more enticing name for the producers of it, I do seriously think a new name/genre needs to be created for this. A number of people have predicted that this sound won't last. I personally can't see it disappearing any time soon. Irrespective of how long it's around for, it simply cannot accurately - no where fcuking near - be referred to as Hardcore.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  18:05:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Is Electrocore taken?

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  18:36:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Pretty much confirms everyone's (well, most people's) fears.

A number of people have predicted that this sound won't last. I personally can't see it disappearing any time soon. Irrespective of how long it's around for, it simply cannot accurately - no where fcuking near - be referred to as Hardcore.

That's what people said about the trance-influenced hardcore of the new millennium, and it pretty much became the standard after awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if 'electrocore' is the new direction of hardcore, but I don't believe in a couple of years it will sound the same as it does now. Somehow it will evolve to something a bit more agreeable.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  18:40:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
That's what people said about the trance-influenced hardcore of the new millennium, and it pretty much became the standard after awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if 'electrocore' is the new direction of hardcore, but I don't believe in a couple of years it will sound the same as it does now. Somehow it will evolve to something a bit more agreeable.

I suppose that 2003 did become 2004

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  18:58:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
I still don't think the sound will last. Not because I dislike it but because the new 'electrocore' or whatever you choose to call it is either very filthy - which is a trend in all music at the moment (Electro, Dubstep, even Trance, Psytrance, Hard Dance...the list goes on) or it's just UK Hardcore with a few electro noises and effects layered on top.

You can love it or hate it, praise it or slate it...in a few years they will be short of ideas again when they've stretched the filthy bassy sounds so far that they won't have anything unique to do with it and people will get bored. You can see this happening with dubstep right now, there's been so much filth in such a short time that it's filthed itself out.

The new filthy sound isn't THAT far removed from UK riff-based Hardcore, especially in the vocal tracks, if hardcore is to drastically change in a way that it can carry itself for more than a few years it will have to change the foundation. I think this is why Freeform is getting so much attention; it doesn't have the same cookie-cutter template hardcore has had for years and years. Old skool Stabs, trancy riffs, electro-filth...you can change the filling but you're still eating the same mouldy bread.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  19:58:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:T
There's been so much filth in such a short time that it's filthed itself out.

That's almost exactly how I like my sexual partners to behave.

Edit: Should have specified 'partners' as 'girls'. Mostly, anyway.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2012/01/13 19:59:27
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:15:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Edit: Should have specified 'partners' as 'girls'. Mostly, anyway.

Mostly...

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Edited by - Warnman on 2012/01/13 20:16:12
d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:17:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
Have a listen to this short clip I made: http://elysium.ati-forum.de/bangvip.mp3

How that can not be seen as something refreshing to the UK Hardcore scene is beyond me. The production quality is next level and it's so much fun to listen to. Some more notes:

1. "Pretty much confirms everyone's (well, most people's) fears." -> please realise this only applies to the minority of UK Hardcore listeners that happen to attend this forum. UK Hardcore would be dead in a year if no one liked the direction, but we'll talk again when CXH9 is out.
2. No one is stopping you from doing previous trancey driven hardcore. This is not a competition, don't make it look like it is. Trust me, I worship my Sora Blues, Calling Out To Yous and Fade Aways and won't ever stop.
3. There are 4 (yes, four) Twista Records artist albums, new Fracus & Darwin album, and more I won't mention that all include brand new trancey hardcore material scheduled. It's not going away ;)

Edited by - d2kx on 2012/01/13 20:17:58
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:28:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
Have a listen to this short clip I made: http://elysium.ati-forum.de/bangvip.mp3

How that can not be seen as something refreshing to the UK Hardcore scene is beyond me. The production quality is next level and it's so much fun to listen to.

If you lived in the UK and kept in touch with more than one genre than Hardcore you would understand why that isn't fresh. That's just electro (which has been out for years) crossed over with dubstep (also been out for years) in what I assume is a hardcore breakdown (although it never dropped so I can't even tell). Typical old cockney "I'm an 'ardnut" male vocal sample...blah blah, I could find a bunch of tunes like this on TID if I thought it was fascinating enough to pursue.

Sorry, I'm sure maybe a few people may enjoy that but it's not impressive as far as I'm concerned. Fiddling with effects doesn't make you a great musician no more than randomly splattering paint on a canvas makes you a great painter.

It wasn't fun to listen to, it wasn't even interesting.

Edited by - NekoShuffle on 2012/01/13 20:29:08
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:32:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
1. "Pretty much confirms everyone's (well, most people's) fears." -> please realise this only applies to the minority of UK Hardcore listeners that happen to attend this forum.

When I said "everyone", I was referring to the people that use this site. I'm not blind - I know there are thousands of people lapping this stuff up - I see it every day on facebook and SoundCloud.

quote:
2. No one is stopping you from doing previous trancey driven hardcore. This is not a competition, don't make it look like it is. Trust me, I worship my Sora Blues, Calling Out To Yous and Fade Aways and won't ever stop.
3. There are 4 (yes, four) Twista Records artist albums, new Fracus & Darwin album, and more I won't mention that all include brand new trancey hardcore material scheduled. It's not going away ;)

I know it still exists, and is still being made. And I can see it's going to be around for a substantial amount of time. I am genuinely amazed, though, that a) Hardcore fans have shown such an appreciation of this new sound, and b) how it can still be categorised as Hardcore, because (in respect to both points a) and b)), they are just two totally, totally different styles of music.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2012/01/13 20:39:05
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  20:35:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

How that can not be seen as something refreshing to the UK Hardcore scene is beyond me. The production quality is next level and it's so much fun to listen to. Some more notes:

1. "Pretty much confirms everyone's (well, most people's) fears." -> please realise this only applies to the minority of UK Hardcore listeners that happen to attend this forum. UK Hardcore would be dead in a year if no one liked the direction, but we'll talk again when CXH9 is out.

It was interesting, I liked the riff. But that was straight up electro, not even electro hardcore. Just electro. No 4/4 best, no riff, just electro.
I think what neko was trying to say was its music for its own audience, but you shouldn't call it hardcore because it isn't. Was that even at 170 bpm?

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page