Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2010/06/14 :  23:15:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
but at the end of the day Darren Styles is "Hardcore"

as bout as hardcore as a pink blow-up bunny rabbit which has to be kept at room temperature.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/06/14 :  23:26:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
or is this just breaking out into a Theseus' paradox discussion? :P

I'm not really down with the Theseus or his paradox. sorry.

MarkHickman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2010/06/15 :  13:59:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MarkHickman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Specimen:
I got my hands on some dubstep recently and I've been trying it out... and I have to say, maybe I just got some bad stuff, but this is some of the most annoying music I've ever heard. It's slow, repetitive, every song feels like its 8 goddamn minutes long... pretty much just offensive on every level.

However, I must say it sounds pretty trippy, probably good stoner music...

Any one have thoughts on dubstep? Did I get the wrong cd, and if so can someone suggest a GOOD dubstep album? lol...

WOULDN'T TOUCH IT WITH A BARGE-POLE. JUST TALKING ABOUT IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE.

DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/06/15 :  14:02:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
Haha, welcome to the forums mark.

That if you hit that caps lock button again, it'll turn off. Must have been nightmarish to be stuck like that all this time D:

That's right, hellokitty.com, and don't act like you don't want one too.

Edited by - DJ Specimen on 2010/06/15 14:03:55
MarkHickman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2010/06/15 :  14:09:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MarkHickman's homepage  Reply with quote
What made you want to buy some Dubstep anyway? Waste of money?

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/06/15 :  15:14:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkHickman:
WOULDN'T TOUCH IT WITH A BARGE-POLE. JUST TALKING ABOUT IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE.

Do you know writing a full statement in Caps lock actually takes away the impact? Same goes for excessive use of exclamation marks. Also, i'd go see a doctor about that headache thing.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2010/06/15 20:33:03
DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/06/15 :  18:19:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I like to have terrible music to cut myself to, reminds me that the world produces horrible, horrible things. Since My Chemical Romance hasn't released a new album in a while, I decided to branch out.

That's right, hellokitty.com, and don't act like you don't want one too.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2010/06/15 :  18:20:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Any thoughts? Yes. You can read them in one of the many other threads dedicated to Dubstep.

You probably don't have the wrong CD it's more likely Dubstep just isn't for you. Thanks for giving it a go, but you should probably just accept the fact and move on; listen to Trance or something instead.

you dont listen to hardcore anymore so.... why dont you just accept the fact and move on lol

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/06/15 :  20:30:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shades_of_Grey:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Any thoughts? Yes. You can read them in one of the many other threads dedicated to Dubstep.

You probably don't have the wrong CD it's more likely Dubstep just isn't for you. Thanks for giving it a go, but you should probably just accept the fact and move on; listen to Trance or something instead.

you dont listen to hardcore anymore so.... why dont you just accept the fact and move on lol

Lol i have. I haven't listened to new Hardcore in months, barring the odd critque. I just haven't left this forum (and other Hardcore forums) yet.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2010/06/15 20:31:38
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2010/06/16 :  16:31:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Specimen:
quote:

I like to have terrible music to cut myself to, reminds me that the world produces horrible, horrible things. Since My Chemical Romance hasn't released a new album in a while, I decided to branch out.

As hard as it is, I have to admit it: welcome to the black parade wasn't a bad song. It was fresher than a lot of the crud being released.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2010/06/16 :  16:36:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
Quoted for truth. However, i was pretty disappointed with m2m. that was the worst album so far for me. Their next one (supposed to be released this year?) is apparently meant to go back to the old rap/rock forumula, which is what i think they're REALLY good at. But they are all amazing musicians.

I really hope they do that. Even meteoria wasn't to bad, if not a bit over the top on the more subdued emotional side.

The DVDAudio version of reanimation on its way to my house right now. Can't wait.

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2010/06/17 :  00:47:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Quoted for truth. However, i was pretty disappointed with m2m. that was the worst album so far for me. Their next one (supposed to be released this year?) is apparently meant to go back to the old rap/rock forumula, which is what i think they're REALLY good at. But they are all amazing musicians.

I really hope they do that. Even meteoria wasn't to bad, if not a bit over the top on the more subdued emotional side.

The DVDAudio version of reanimation on its way to my house right now. Can't wait.

I would love to see them go back to their old style, I saw them in concert back when they were on their meteora tour, used to be a huge fan

after I heard the first single on their latest album I didn't even bother checking the album out

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2010/06/17 :  09:10:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

I would love to see them go back to their old style, I saw them in concert back when they were on their meteora tour, used to be a huge fan

after I heard the first single on their latest album I didn't even bother checking the album out

That was probably a mistake. My favourite track from LP is on that album. "Given Up" is ****ing amazing.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page