Dubstep

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  15:03:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
Meathead's just mad because the only good dubstep songs come from DnB artists.

That's right, hellokitty.com, and don't act like you don't want one too.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  15:30:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Specimen:
Meathead's just mad because the only good dubstep songs come from DnB artists.

Why would that make me mad? Lots of D&B producers have tried their hand at Dubstep and made wicked tracks in the process. Nero who are well known for fliting between the two genres are one of my favourite artists at the minute. I like it when producers try new things. Why would that make me mad? Why would that make anyone mad? Bit of a daft thing to say lol.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  16:33:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
because dubstep artists like cookiemonsta suck at making their own music, whereas DnB artists like Pendulum and Nero (who I also sort of enjoy, that remix of ghosts n stuff is one of my favorite tracks) can just pop in and make mind blowing dubstep that isn't boring garbage that sounds like a cat dying in slow agony with a trippy bassline thrown over it.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  16:50:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
DnB artists like Pendulum

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Edited by - Lilley on 2010/06/12 16:51:16
DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  17:40:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Pendulum are a Drum and Bass/Rock group...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendulum_band

Edited by - DJ Specimen on 2010/06/12 17:40:58
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  18:35:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

I know right? LOL

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

HellNegative

United States
38 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  19:22:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HellNegative's homepage  Reply with quote
Speedcore ranges from 215bpm - 300 bpm

Terror is in the 280bpm range

We have a few speedcore exclusives on our site if you want to learn what it is. ObnoxiouzDistortion.com

Nu Tone (X Tone) is melodic in the 600bpm range. The simplicity is, put a stable overdriven kick as your first of the 16 beats in the 16 beats per bar format, and let the others be un-subbed and settle under whilst using the fact that you get more audio information at higher bpms to create tones from the overabundance of sound to create melody.

Pendulum has produced dubstep. The only dubstep I can stand is from artists like 16bit. Dark, evil, ear destroying sounds, and from the oldschoolers like leftfield, arco de, and Avenue A.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  19:59:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
quote:

I know right? LOL

Pendulum are a joke, that's what they are.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  20:09:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by HellNegative:
The only dubstep I can stand is from artists like 16bit. Dark, evil, ear destroying sounds

16 Bit rule.

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,521 posts
Posted - 2010/06/12 :  20:20:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
quote:

I know right? LOL

HAHAHAHAHHA xD

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/06/14 :  07:48:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Pendulum are a Drum and Bass/Rock group...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendulum_band

To be fair, I haven't heard their latest album and they have done some ok stuff. I really liked their voodoo people remix even though it was played about 34987234098745309234 thousand times. But In Silico was not a dnb album.

HellNegative

United States
38 posts
Posted - 2010/06/14 :  11:04:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HellNegative's homepage  Reply with quote
http://soundcloud.com/hellnegative-1/hellnegative-disco

This thread inspired me. bahahahaha!

DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/06/14 :  13:22:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by HellNegative:
http://soundcloud.com/hellnegative-1/hellnegative-disco

This thread inspired me. bahahahaha!

Definitely dubstep... not the worst one I've ever heard but I still don't like it very much :X

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2010/06/14 :  13:57:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
i dont get the joke about pendulum...they arent that bad, and they have done some really good drum n bass tracks...

was marginally disapointed with their last two albums, but the majority of the songs were good (well, their latest album was more disapointing than In Silico)

Still Grey, Plasticworld, hold your colour..all great tracks

seems to be the way that artists always do really good on their first albums, then they never seem to top it, well, with the exception of Elliot Minor, their second album was better than their first

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/06/14 :  14:21:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Aren't a joke? Considering what they started with resembled drum and bass, the stuff they are doing now and for a long time is very much a joke. It's full on pop music. But right from the start it's been extremely watered down d&b, the first few tunes were acceptable and decent but would never take the place of actual d&b. Far too mainstream. Probably ok if you don't like proper d&b though, but i do.
quote:
seems to be the way that artists always do really good on their first albums, then they never seem to top it

Usually because the first album is done mostly for the sake of the music where as the rest are made off the success of the first one to continue making money. Or because of the success of the first they don't really have to try so hard anymore because people will continue to buy their material based on name alone.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/06/14 14:23:40

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page