Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
katrinar50
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
822 posts
katrinar50 has donated money to the site katrinar50 has attended 37 events
Posted - 2006/11/03 :  13:32:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit katrinar50's homepage  Reply with quote
Arrived at Westfest at about 10.30. Very short queue so very quickly in. Unfortunately my mate had his Hi-Vis jacket taken and put in the bin. It made no sense as he went inside and paid £15 to buy a new one from the Slammin stand.

As the surprisingly quick entry it then took us nearly an hour to sort out necessaries such as drinks and toilets before we even entered a room for music. The increase in capacity was definitely noticeable particularly at the toilets.

Finally we went into the hardcore room and caught Unknown on the decks. The music was pumping and the people were jumping and we had a stomp for about 15 minutes before we had to head out for some air as it was so hot in there. The changes to décor to improve the sound quality had meant that the ceiling had been lowered considerably and very little air was circulating. I am surprising there weren’t many casualties from heat exhaustion!

We then went into the main arena which was definitely cooler. The Tidy Boys were finishing up their set and after a quick stomp it was out into the cold and wet for the midnight meet up.

It was great to meet up with Silver, Loopy, DMS, Jester, Dee-licious, In-Effect and Mad Max but I wish a few could have made it. After standing around for about ½ hour getting very cold and wet we started to drift off and I went to meet my mates in the old-school room. Druid was playing (with Ribbz Mcing) and he was lifting the roof off. The atmosphere was brilliant and everyone seemed to be really enjoying this set. After Druid, Ratpack were due on but they were late and someone else stood in. I didn’t catch who it was but I did enjoy and it followed on nicely from Druid’s set.

A few of us then went off to the Hardcore room. By then I was getting quite merry and much of the night is a blur from then in. The Hardcore room was still very hot but I met up with Loopy, DMS, Jester and Dee again but with the heat and a lad falling over me I decided I couldn’t take anyone and went off to the chill-out room which was connected to the Old School room so had a sit down whilst Scorpio and Producer were pumping out a classic techno set.

After that I just seemed to spend the rest of the evening wandering from room to room, having a quick dance and then joining yet another endless toilet queue. And finally, what was going to be the highlight of my night, the Joey Riot set, was cut short as all my mates wanted to leave. I was gutted and complained endlessly to no avail.

All in all a good night and I can’t wait till next year to do it all again.

Kat

PS Pics to follow

Lovenation vs Poison Rain - Beautiful Day - Tune!!! - That I will not be buying as it is a JAL track! :-(((

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Xtra-C

United Kingdom
149 posts
Xtra-C has attended 73 events
Posted - 2006/11/12 :  21:23:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xtra-C's homepage  Reply with quote
Full review from Slammin Vinyl's 'Westfest 2006' at The Royal bath and West Showground, Shepton mallet, Somerset,is now online with photos.

Visit http://www.jungletechno.co.uk

Enjoy
(press F5 to refresh your browser)

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page