of 9

Author Thread  
Mad Max
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,017 posts

281 hardcore releases
Mad Max has attended 26 events
Posted - 2006/10/31 :  16:38:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mad Max's homepage  Reply with quote
nice cheers loop

gutted i didnt see jester and dms in the hardstyle room. i was sompin hard to cally and juice and technoboy

The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2006/10/31 :  22:22:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
We were in there for Zany's set and i must say - we proper went for it!!!!

Mad Max
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,017 posts

281 hardcore releases
Mad Max has attended 26 events
Posted - 2006/10/31 :  22:39:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mad Max's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
We were in there for Zany's set and i must say - we proper went for it!!!!

damn one of the sets i really wanted to see. But i was so disappointed with the sound system in the room i went else where. I found the sound bassy and distorted. Ruined it for me rather let down by it. At first Westfest it was too quiet at the next one in the hardstyle room only half of the stack working most of the night. Last one they got right but messed it up again this time. Cant they get it right!!

The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/10/31 :  23:24:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Funny you should say that cos when we went in it sounded awful as we walked through - but when we got in and near to the front it was much better.

The Okey Cokey went down rather well too!

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/10/31 :  23:39:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage  Reply with quote
WESTFEST 2006 REVIEW

Westfest 2006, and the 4th Anual Hardcore Heaven Awards! What can I say, this is one of hte biggest events of the Hardcore Calendar. 6 arenas, 57 DJs and more wattage of sound system than you can shake a large stick with knobbly bits on the end at!

This was my first BIG rave! I'm more used to club events, so this was not only a special event for me in that respect, but also as I was coming down to represent HappyHardcore.com along with DJ Silver.

Turned up at the event with DMS, Dee-Licious and Jester. Had to leave Jester to queue (sorry mate!) as we had VIP passes, and within 10 minutes we were frisked and into the event. Literally as soon as we had got in we met up with Silver and headed towards the Hardcore room where D-ice and Reality were playing. The room was still filling up as people filtered through security, but already the crowd down at the front were having it! I could tell this was going to be a good night!

Silver's set rocked! Started off hard and unrelenting, and looking out from the back of the booth I could see the crowd stomping harder and harder just itching for a breakdown, and when it came, what a site! So many hands in the air! By this time plenty of people had made it in from the queues and the whole arena was lit up brightly. These guys were really going to have it tonight!

Next up was Sharkey, and still no sign of any announcement. Sharkey started his set and then a familiar figure streamed past me. Apparently Storm had got stuck in traffic and was late to the venue. Next thing I knew Silver and myself were being ushered through to the front of the stage..... we'd won! We both went up on stage and Silver thanked everyone for the award - seriously he was grinning from ear to ear once he got the award in his hands! Mind you, looking back at the pictures I was no better! heh!

Anyway, back off stage and Sharkey started up again. This was a fantastic set! Sharkey is one of my fave DJs anyway, but his style of late has been right up my street, and this set was no exception! Following on from Sharkey was Unknown, and again another blinding set from the other half of the Quosh duo.

By this time it was nearing midnight, and time for the HHC.com meetup outside the Herbal High stnad...... which unfortunately wasn't in attendance this year! So we wandered outside and then a cheeky chappy comes up to us recognising us, it was Mad Max! Introduced ourselves and went off in search of the others. Silver was next to turn up followed by Katrina. Heard news that Bulby might not make it, and we hung around chatting and taking pictures whilst we waited for the rest to turn up, but unfortunately they didn't.

After a bit of a wander round outside we went on a bit of a wander round the rooms. HEading into the Main Arena - what a visual and audio feast! Andy C was on the decks, lasers everywhere and the sound system was immense! Spent a little time in there before going for another wander round outside.

Headed back into Hardcore Heaven to catch Brisk, but instead it was Marc Smith, so we headed for the main arena where Dougal and Gammer were jumping around on stage amongst millions of big screens. Was going to stick around for this and the following hardcore sets in the main arena, but it was voted that we head into the Hardstyle arena to catch Zany. Hardstyle isn't realy my bag, so I kind of hung back with Dee whilst DMS and Jester had it big time - up until now DMS had pretty much just been stood there, with the occaisional nod of the head, but now he was jumping all over the place! Not to be outdone, Dee and myself did a jig, had a couple of iced buns and a cup of Earl Grey (no thats not code!) before joining the other 2 for a quick round of the hokey kokey to some very strange looks! Things were getting a bit surreal by this stage!

So the night was coming to an end, but not before one final set! Joey Riot and MC Casper in the Hardcore Heaven arena. This is one set that we had all been looking forward to, and we weren't dissapointed. Well worth hanging on for, and unsurprisingly, the duo were awarded best breakthrough DJ and MC respectively. A fantastic end to a fantastic event in my book!

All in all this was a fantastic event! Couldn't really criticise too much about it. The weather perhaps! heh Also, whilst the venue was perfect for the event, it wasn't exactly the best position. Nearest staion was 3 miles away (buses were provided, but most people looked to be walking) and first train in the morning out to London was about 9.30, 4 hours after the event ended, so not much fun for those relying on train. Mind you, thats never stopped a raver before now, and the atmosphere inside the event was electric!

*edit*Also, the ability to sell back unused drinks tokens would have been nice! Jester and DMS pimping their slave out to sell their over-bought tickets was amusing though, although I still think a bottle of champers was called for! BTW, I still have 6 coupons if anyone wants any? ;-)

It would also have been nice to get a list of set times before the event so we could plan our night a bit better, but its understandable why this wasn't available, and its the same at any big rave these days.

If your interested in reading a bit more then I'm writing an article for the November issue of iDance on Westfest.

Edited by - Underloop on 2006/11/01 00:12:33
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/01 :  00:02:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Summed the night up brilliantly mate.

Just one thing to add (tha knows).

Anydody want to buy some drinks tokens?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/01 :  00:09:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/01 :  00:11:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I wasn't as fed up as i looked there, honest!

Edited by - djDMS on 2006/11/01 00:12:33
dee_licious
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
513 posts
dee_licious has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/11/01 :  00:12:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dee_licious's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Summed the night up brilliantly mate.

Just one thing to add (tha knows).

Anydody want to buy some drinks tokens?

I'll buy them....they'll go with the 600 i got!

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/11/01 :  13:05:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

DMS' thinking: The youth of today!!! No respect whatsoever!

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/11/01 :  14:28:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
What a night! Really enjoyed it.

Am gutted I couldn't make it to the meet up we had a blow out on the motorway! As you can imagine we weren't in a condition suited to changing tyres in the dark on a hard shoulder so it slowed us down quite a bit.

Good to see everyone enjoyed and maybe I'll see you all next time :)

mr bishi
Advanced Member

Ireland
874 posts

49 hardcore releases
mr bishi has attended 16 events
Posted - 2006/11/01 :  18:32:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Great review and it looks like you hit most of the same sets I did.
Anyone know what happened to Brisks set ? I was well looking forward it it, although marc smith played a cracker as usual.

Edited by - mr bishi on 2006/11/01 18:33:16
katrinar50
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
822 posts
katrinar50 has donated money to the site katrinar50 has attended 37 events
Posted - 2006/11/02 :  10:27:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit katrinar50's homepage  Reply with quote
Check out this motley crew!!

More later.

Lovenation vs Poison Rain - Beautiful Day - Tune!!! - That I will not be buying as it is a JAL track! :-(((

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/11/02 :  10:35:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Was great to meet you all, it's quite obvious the site needs a photo gallery section... bumping to high priority :)

Hardcore4eva
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Hardcore4eva has donated money to the site Hardcore4eva has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/11/02 :  11:20:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hardcore4eva's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
quote:

DMS' thinking: The youth of today!!! No respect whatsoever!

He actually looks like Rooney as the camera goes past him before kick off! hahaha

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page