Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Free Mastering Services

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2012/10/27 :  03:50:22  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
To all fellow up & coming dance music producers,

I'm providing free mastering services for mixdowns of dance music productions. If you're interested, don't hesitate to drop a link to your mixdown at [email protected], and I'll let you know whether it's ready for mastering before I proceed. The tracks in my soundcloud page are mainly mastered, so feel free to browse through the page to listen to the possible end results. :)

I may not produce the best masters. However, this will definitely be a stepping stone for your tracks to have a little sparkle to them.

Mastering sessions will take place only on weekends whenever I'm free, therefore I would seek your patience if I do not reply to your mails promptly on weekdays.

Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry for not adding an important detail into this service. Here's a link to my mastering sample: http://soundcloud.com/hedgehog-charger/mastering-sample-before-after/s-ukI1Y

The lossless clip is downloadable, so you can judge for yourself and consider this service.

Thank you.

EDIT: Here's a sample waveform of a good hardcore mixdown should look like. Probably use this as a guide before sending in your mixdowns.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Charger on 2013/03/30 06:10:43
Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2012/12/24 :  08:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
I'm still doing this service, so please don't hesitate to drop a link to your mixdown via PM or through my mailbox at [email protected]

Best Regards.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Charger on 2012/12/24 08:15:36
Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/01/24 :  13:52:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
Still doing it, if anyone's interested.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2013/01/24 :  21:54:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
Can we get an example please? I'm organizing an album and I will think about your offer.

Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2013/01/24 21:56:23
Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/01/25 :  13:28:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
Can we get an example please? I'm organizing an album and I will think about your offer.

I have included the link to my mastering sample. It is also downloadable since soundcloud's encoding compresses the audio sample.

Thank you.

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/01/25 :  15:46:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
i have a few that need mastered. i'll fire them over

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2013/01/25 :  16:52:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Will definitely send you the next track I do. Thanks for the generous offer. :)

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2013/01/26 :  19:38:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
Sounds good. I'll think about it.

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/01/31 :  12:43:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
quote:

Cool! PM me if you're interested in the service. :)

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/02/15 :  17:23:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
This is a master I did as of today.

http://soundcloud.com/hedgehog-charger/charger-primrose-no-naka-no-kaze-master-free-download

If anyone's still interested in the service, you could contact me in the following places:

1. PM me in this forum
2. Send a soundcloud message to me @ http://soundcloud.com/hedgehog-charger
3. Send an email to me @ [email protected]

I'll usually frequent this forum and soundcloud most of the time, therefore if you send me an email to my gmail account, chances are high I might not check the email account that often and this may result in a delay in reply to your mail.

I'll set a rule for your tracks before sending in to me for mastering as of now.

Please send in your tracks in the following format:

- Your track should peak between -3 to -6 dB so that I'll have enough headroom for mastering your track.
- Tracks should be in the format of 44.1 kHz 24/32 bit WAV. 24-bit FLAC is also acceptable as my mastering DAW supports it.

STRICTLY NO MP3s!

The reason why I do not want 16-bit audio formats is to ensure that your track will have enough wordlength for dithering down to 16-bit, and I do have ADA converter which
can provide good noise-shaping algorithms to maximize the signal-to-noise ratio of your tracks. Making it sound cleaner when I bounce down the audio track.

Strictly no mixdowns with compressors/limiters on master channel. And do not attempt to normalize your mixdowns.

There has been quite a number of people sending me mixdowns which are already compressed or processed with a limiter. This is definitely a no-no if you are preparing a track for mastering. I understand that you would love to have your track sound punchy and loud. However, there may still exist tonal imbalance in your mixdown and when you jack up the loudness of the track at mixdown stage, chances are high that your track won't sound right while mixing with a commercially released track or the variety of sound systems for your track to play on may not hit the ballpark tonally. At the same time, your track will have a noisy background master at the end of the process. Therefore, it is best to leave that to the mastering process so that it can be rectified at that stage.
This is an important note especially to FL Studio users as I'm quite aware that FL Studio's default project setup has the fruity limiter on the master channel (correct me if I'm wrong, I neither use nor intend to use FL at all) which is a terrible mistake the software developer has made, that led to most up & coming producers think that it is a norm to use a limiter or any other plugins on a master channel before preparing a mixdown for mastering.

Don't be embarrassed to send in your mixdown if it sounds dull (but not too dull to the extent that your hats and cymbals are drown out) in the high ends. Try not to make your cymbals and hats too bright in your mixdown.

Frankly speaking, I prefer working on masters that sound dull in the high ends. Basically, your cymbals and hats are usually at a lower level than your kick and bass. It'll probably get to the point where it sounds just right at the end of the mastering process. Mixdowns that are too bright tend to sound very sharp at the end of the process, which is not what your listeners will want to listen over again as it makes their ears tired.

You can send your mixdown in either of the following ways:
- Single track mixdown
- Instrumental (inclusive of fx and vox sample drops), Kick, Bass, Vox (for cheese) in separate files if you prefer me to help you balance your track according to their elements. Do not send the kick, bass and vox just one kick, bass or vox sample for me to lay them down in your track. You should be bouncing them down as a file from the start to the end of your project.

Please do not send me the project files of your track.

Chances are high that I do not have access to your project file at all because I do not use any of the popular DAWs that are in the market now (e.g. FL Studio/Cubase/Ableton/Reason).

I'm using MAGIX Samplitude to create my tracks nowadays although I used Cubase in the past (Sorry but it's uninstalled already . However, if you do use Samplitude to create your tracks, I'll gladly accept your project file.

I've set these pointers to help you in preparing your mixdown for mastering. These rules that I've set will also be applicable preparing your mixdown for master to anybody else. Probably the first point about submission formats will differ from individual preferences.

Best Regards

Charger

Edited by - Charger on 2013/03/31 04:02:51
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2013/02/28 :  22:57:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Yeah, shockingly even as of 10.0.9, the template that FLS loads by default for new tracks has a limiter on the master. I've heard so many WIPs that have just been de-fucking-stroyed from start to finish by the limiter. I really hope they change that in FL11 for everyone's benefit!

Anyway, I've got a track that's coming along nicely and will be finished pretty soon. If I'm currently peaking at 0 (which I am -- probably slightly over actually), I can just decrease the master track by -6db or whatever, right? I don't particularly want to adjust individual levels because they're all good as they are.

Edited by - Elliott on 2013/02/28 23:07:13
Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2013/02/28 :  23:07:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Yeah, shockingly even as of 10.0.9, the template that FLS loads by default for new tracks has a limiter on the master. I've heard so many WIPs that have just been de-fucking-stroyed from start to finish by the limiter. I really hope they change that in FL11 for everyone's benefit!

default sucks... it's not hard to make a template with you're most used vst's & samples...

will save you loads of time loading & sh*t

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2013/02/28 :  23:08:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
quote:

default sucks... it's not hard to make a template with you're most used vst's & samples...

will save you loads of time loading & sh*t

For some reason I've never done this! Mine just defaults to a totally blank track with no channels or mixer plugins whatsoever! Kind of annoying tbh.

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/03/01 :  13:13:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
quote:

Anyway, I've got a track that's coming along nicely and will be finished pretty soon. If I'm currently peaking at 0 (which I am -- probably slightly over actually), I can just decrease the master track by -6db or whatever, right? I don't particularly want to adjust individual levels because they're all good as they are.

Sorry for the late reply. Please do not reduce the master track to -6 dB directly.

What will be more appropriate is to select all the tracks and submix buses and pull down the faders all at the same time until the peak level of the loudest part of your track reaches around -6 dB max.

This will ensure that your mixdown will have a true headroom of 6 dB.

The reason is because pulling down the master track to -6 dB directly (correct me if I'm wrong) the overall noise floor will increase by 6 dB at the end of the mastering process, resulting in a noisy master.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/03/01 :  15:17:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:

What is there to think about lol, it's free!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/03/01 :  15:19:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
I've heard so many WIPs that have just been de-fucking-stroyed from start to finish by the limiter.

By that you mean most Hardcore? :P

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page