Free Mastering Services

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  12:44:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
Wondering if charger still offers mastering services when I send him whole sets with at least 1 hour duration time :P

Wow, if the set is 1 hour duration time, that's gonna take like forever to upload! xD

Think I'll still stick to single tracks, don't feel like blowing up my hardware by torturing it for 1 hour hot signal processing tbh.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  12:45:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
i have 4-5 tracks that need live brought back to them i found a load of old tapes with a lot of old skool bouncy techno and gabber i recorded onto tape from vinyl when i was 14 i was gonna buy a tape to mp3 thingymajigger (don't know what the hell they call the thing) but my uncle has one so i gave him all the old tapes and he's uploading them as wav files & sending me mediafire links so i can dl them but some of the quality is pretty poor would you be able to make them sound a bit better??

i'll hopefully have some of them by late afternoon early evening time

Hmm, probably I could try fixing these tape recordings, will be the first time I'm tackling these too. I'm so excited!

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  12:49:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charger:
quote:
Wondering if charger still offers mastering services when I send him whole sets with at least 1 hour duration time :P

Wow, if the set is 1 hour duration time, that's gonna take like forever to upload! xD

Think I'll still stick to single tracks, don't feel like blowing up my hardware by torturing it for 1 hour hot signal processing tbh.

was about to send you my 3 hours set i did in 2008 but since you stick to single tracks, nevermind haha

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  13:18:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

was about to send you my 3 hours set i did in 2008 but since you stick to single tracks, nevermind haha

Sorry mate, I would love to, but you have to understand that I do finalize tracks via an ADA converter, and my laptop is a little weak on cpu. Chances are high that halfway through the recording process of the dithered master, there'll be quite a number of lost ASIO buffers which will screw up the mix as a result.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  13:28:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Sorry mate, I would love to, but you have to understand that I do finalize tracks via an ADA converter, and my laptop is a little weak on cpu. Chances are high that halfway through the recording process of the dithered master, there'll be quite a number of lost ASIO buffers which will screw up the mix as a result.

no problem man :) was just joking about the 3 hours set because it contains various quality failures anyway, not really worth mastering. i may will fix volume levels in audacity even when it takes an whole day.

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

bridson10ak

United Kingdom
81 posts
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  19:52:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bridson10ak's homepage  Reply with quote
obviously this guy just wants some free music to play.running it through a t racks preset and sending back.be very warey sending music out to people if u plan signing it or keeping it for personal use.this post is making out something great for free but its for there own benefit.like door to door salesman.trust nobody

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  20:10:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bridson10ak:
obviously this guy just wants some free music to play.running it through a t racks preset and sending back.be very warey sending music out to people if u plan signing it or keeping it for personal use.this post is making out something great for free but its for there own benefit.like door to door salesman.trust nobody

good luck with your service with that attitude of yours

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  20:29:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

He doesn't DJ, so it's not really like he "wants free music to play" :P

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  20:37:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

No offense, but that's completed unwarranted and rude. You know nothing about this guy. You say not to trust anyone, well when I see someone coming on and accusing a friend of being a fraud, I tend not to trust you.
You know nothing about Charger.
You know nothing about how he masters.
Yet you state "He's just stealing music" as a fact. If you said "Be careful, he *might* be, then I'd have no problem. But it's extremely uncalled for, for you to come on here and accuse someone like that. Whether or not you're a well known producer.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  22:10:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

have you ever considered maybe he just wants to help people out

being nice can get you a long way you know and to come on here saying stuff like that then make a topic asking people for money for pretty much the same thing (granted with a few added extras) is a bit out of line i think

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/03/09 :  02:56:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Hi Bridson,

Understand that you provide mastering services too and how you actually feel since someone else is "spoiling the market" by providing it free.

However, let me tell you & everyone the real reason behind my mastering service.

Basically, as you can see I don't DJ. The tracks that are sent to me are definitely of no use to me at all!

If you are actually hitting on me ripping their samples in their tracks to use on my tracks, well good luck to you as that isn't how I function when I'm creating a track honestly.

I've opened up this service to help up & coming hardcore producers to give them a rough idea how their tracks will sound like after mastering. It's more of an eye-opener to them to keep them in check on their mixdown too.

Another reason why I did this service is to apply the mastering techniques that I have learned throughout these 2-3 years of reading up and watching tutorials and tackle new problems in tracks.

Therefore, it's more like a two-way thing that we actually learn from each other during the process.

Yes, I agree that it benefits me, but it's in the sense of experience and knowledge. As you can see, I actually enjoy practicing mastering as a hobby, instead of enjoying mastering for a living.

I think I've sent you some of my early tracks 2-3 years back via msn when I just started out asking for some feedback, and you never even bothered to reply to me after listening to one terrible track I made back then. Everytime you were on hardcoreproducer.org, you were just only asking for help or slating somebody else you don't like. Reality hits hard tbh, you are actually the one who's wanting to stop this service for your own benefit instead.

I think it's time for you to get a reality check.

Cheers!

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2013/03/09 :  07:37:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Hi Bridson,

Understand that you provide mastering services too and how you actually feel since someone else is "spoiling the market" by providing it free.

However, let me tell you & everyone the real reason behind my mastering service.

Basically, as you can see I don't DJ. The tracks that are sent to me are definitely of no use to me at all!

If you are actually hitting on me ripping their samples in their tracks to use on my tracks, well good luck to you as that isn't how I function when I'm creating a track honestly.

I've opened up this service to help up & coming hardcore producers to give them a rough idea how their tracks will sound like after mastering. It's more of an eye-opener to them to keep them in check on their mixdown too.

Another reason why I did this service is to apply the mastering techniques that I have learned throughout these 2-3 years of reading up and watching tutorials and tackle new problems in tracks.

Therefore, it's more like a two-way thing that we actually learn from each other during the process.

Yes, I agree that it benefits me, but it's in the sense of experience and knowledge. As you can see, I actually enjoy practicing mastering as a hobby, instead of enjoying mastering for a living.

I think I've sent you some of my early tracks 2-3 years back via msn when I just started out asking for some feedback, and you never even bothered to reply to me after listening to one terrible track I made back then. Everytime you were on hardcoreproducer.org, you were just only asking for help or slating somebody else you don't like. Reality hits hard tbh, you are actually the one who's wanting to stop this service for your own benefit instead.

Cheers!

/like

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2013/03/09 :  07:47:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
It's frankly a little embarrassing that I have to associate with people who act like this.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/03/09 :  09:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Hi Bridson,

Cheers!

not say this often but wow, thats was an really good statement charger, you have my respect :)

and yeah, Bridson got pwnd if it's true that he acted like douche on HP aswell

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/03/09 :  10:12:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Hi Bridson,

Cheers!

not say this often but wow, thats was an really good statement charger, you have my respect :)

and yeah, Bridson got pwnd if it's true that he acted like douche on HP aswell

Cheers mate. I was a frequent lurker in that forum back then. :)

quote:

Ah well, and I forgot to add on something. I don't use T-racks in mastering. They seriously screw up the master big time. Not transparent, colors the master, makes a mushy sounding chomped-off sausage head master if you finalize it with their limiters. xD

But their VU & loudness meters are decent though. :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page