Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Deadmau5 is a dick.

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  23:21:28  Show profile Send a private message
It puts me to ****ing sleep, to be quite honest; I dont really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to ****ing tears and hopefully, with all due respect to the DJ type that will ****ing go the way of the dinosaur, I'd like them to dis-a-****ing-pear! It's so middle man, theyre like ****ing lawyers! You need them, but theyre ****ing ****s. God bless them, theyre my number one customer right, so Im not gonna go dis every ****ing DJ. But to say you become this massive, "up on a podium" performer by playing other peoples productions, at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them, I dont get it...

This is a quote from Deadmau5 on http://trainspottr.com/djproducer-deadmau5-public-statement-about-djs-theyre-fcking-cts/1452

I know its old, and he apologized for it, but fcuk him! He is the fcukin ****.

I just had to point this out. Got me so ****ing mad when i read this, i dont even care he apologized for it.

Alert moderator
DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  23:43:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage
Thread title is old news.

edit: oh you did say it's old, sorry!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - DJ Lawlzy on 2011/02/08 23:44:29
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  00:14:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lawlzy:

A visitor from Calgary, Alberta viewed "DJ/Producer Deadmau5' Public Statement About DJs : "They're F**cking C**ts" | trainspottr" 8 mins ago

Is that you? lol Funny watching all the HHC.com view the article on the traffic feed :P

Yeah I could say a lot about deadmau5 really but it wouldn't be anything someone else hasn't already said so I'll refrain and just say that he is a massive primadonna with little to no skill to really be able to pull off the whole primadonna thing.

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  00:23:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:

A visitor from Calgary, Alberta viewed "DJ/Producer Deadmau5' Public Statement About DJs : "They're F**cking C**ts" | trainspottr" 8 mins ago

Is that you? lol Funny watching all the HHC.com view the article on the traffic feed :P

Yeah I could say a lot about deadmau5 really but it wouldn't be anything someone else hasn't already said so I'll refrain and just say that he is a massive primadonna with little to no skill to really be able to pull off the whole primadonna thing.

There's more people in Canada than you think ;) (No that's not me.)

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  01:01:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:

There's more people in Canada than you think ;) (No that's not me.)

MORE than 1??? No way, this isn't what I was taught in school.

DJseaking
Average Member

Canada
242 posts
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  01:46:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJseaking's homepage
Wut, that was me

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  03:37:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
in equally shocking news, the sun came up this morning...

most ppl already know what he's said about djs, even the sheep that follow him. they don't care. they love his shitty music.

overall he is an arsehole of a person. he talks a lot of shit to djs even at events, and always gets punched in the head for it. he passes out at his sets, and claims it's due to exhaustion.

DJseaking
Average Member

Canada
242 posts
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  05:53:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJseaking's homepage
see, i honestly think he is correct though. with what he stated... "playing other peoples productions, at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them". The fine line between making that a talent and art is a very fine line indeed.
I'm sure hes aware of real dj's that do have talent in things other than just mixing track after track.He was just making a general assumption with how many dj's there are compared to artists who make music rather than play other peoples, and i assume thats why he did recant the statement.
DJ is a very broad term
(edit): a video posted by Mortis weeks ago is a perfect example of who hes talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDMBYHV4WDQ

Edited by - DJseaking on 2011/02/09 05:59:50
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  09:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Never seen this before, he's a genius haha!

But I agree with Seaking... it's all the difference between a producer who puts a lot of time and effort in his work and a "one-of-a-billion"-DJ who just presses play and pause and who thinks he'll become cool and get all the chicks!

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  10:01:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJseaking:
see, i honestly think he is correct though. with what he stated... "playing other peoples productions, at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them". The fine line between making that a talent and art is a very fine line indeed.
I'm sure hes aware of real dj's that do have talent in things other than just mixing track after track.He was just making a general assumption with how many dj's there are compared to artists who make music rather than play other peoples, and i assume thats why he did recant the statement.

Just because you don't write or play your own tracks during a mix it doesn't mean that you have no talent. Their are plenty of great DJ's around that don't write songs. In this day and age the ones who get to the top of the ladder are the ones that produce (or at least pay others to make the tracks for them - see countless hardcore producers) but it doesn't mean that the rest don't have talent.

Over the years I've listened to tons of people who can beatmatch but have no idea how to make a good mix, tons who can't but can make a mix passable, some have no idea when to bring tracks in and tons who are just terrible but think they're great. They are the ones people should be saying negatives about.

In closing I agree with most people this "Deamau5" seems like a right tool. I've never heard of him myself but he comes across as an arrogant tw*t.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  10:03:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Ooops ^^^

That was me

I really need to check if I'm signed in or not before ranting.

*edit*

Just had a listen to some of his tracks....

Edited by - Mortis on 2011/02/09 10:26:20
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,153 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  13:50:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I thought a DJ was just someone who plays other peoples records? IT has been like that since the early 50's, when it was called disc jockeying :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  14:10:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage
that's exactly what it is. If I made tunes I wouldn't care if the DJ is rubbish or excellent, as long as my music was out there being played and making people dance then it's all cool. It really doesn't matter how big a producer or a DJ you are, the more people you piss off on the way up the less people will help you on the way down, he is going to get one hell of a reality check one day.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  14:56:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Why is everyone so conservative? He might be arrogant but that doesn't mean he's a bad person. It's just a part of his personality, like when someone is shy.

Also I'd be wondering what image your track would get if it got played by DJ Rankin or anyone similar, and I think that's what he means!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  15:14:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
It dosn't make him a bad person specificaly, but it makes him a dick.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,153 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/09 :  15:15:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Why is everyone so conservative? He might be arrogant but that doesn't mean he's a bad person. It's just a part of his personality, like when someone is shy.

Also I'd be wondering what image your track would get if it got played by DJ Rankin or anyone similar, and I think that's what he means!

i prefer a shy personality over an arrogant/besserwisser one

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page