Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  19:32:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:
Originally posted by frozt:
I asked my girlfriend if it would bother her if I went to Nocturnal Fest here and her answer was, "wow has my boyfriend really gone so far to ask me if he wants to take drugs and go to a rave".

boy did that sent me off. I would have ripped her a new ******* if I wasn't so nice to her.

you should of told her that you were planning on being sober, but due to that retort not anymore!

Brilliant idea!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  21:53:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:
Originally posted by frozt:
I asked my girlfriend if it would bother her if I went to Nocturnal Fest here and her answer was, "wow has my boyfriend really gone so far to ask me if he wants to take drugs and go to a rave".

boy did that sent me off. I would have ripped her a new ******* if I wasn't so nice to her.

you should of told her that you were planning on being sober, but due to that retort not anymore!

Brilliant idea!

I agree, do it!

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  00:12:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage  Reply with quote
In the US, the serious electronica scenes seem to only be in the major cities, especially ones like NYC, LA, and Seattle (last one might not be as sprawled out, but you get the point).

Around here (I live in northwest Arkansas), most people don't even really seem to know that much about electronic music. All the teens immediately think of awful crap like Butthunter. The adults just go "WTF was that?"

That first Henry Rollins video always cracks me up. I don't really know why... just... but I'm serious. I can't help but think of it as some sort of joke or something.

This also means "People read."

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  00:34:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
In the US, the serious electronica scenes seem to only be in the major cities, especially ones like NYC, LA, and Seattle (last one might not be as sprawled out, but you get the point).

Around here (I live in northwest Arkansas), most people don't even really seem to know that much about electronic music. All the teens immediately think of awful crap like Butthunter. The adults just go "WTF was that?"

I know no one that listens to it besides my girl friend, and even that it's not the first thing she'd pick up to listen too.

And both my parents don't really say anything about it, they just call it "Techno" like everyone else that doesn't care to learn the genre's.

Citrick
Average Member

Ireland
234 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  00:34:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Citrick's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
As for the general topic, i can't believe electronic music is so uncommon over there, un****ing lucky! Everywhere else it's contemporary music.

Wow take it easy there. That's definitely not the case in Ireland. As far as I know electronic music is actually censored on Irish radio. I could be wrong on that but either way if I ever heard a song from any genre of electronic music on Irish radio I think I might actually cry tears of joy.

Here if you listen to electronic music you're instantly branded a scumbag. It's just like the states, people here are so ****ing biased it drives me insane.

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  00:36:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Citrick:
quote:
As for the general topic, i can't believe electronic music is so uncommon over there, un****ing lucky! Everywhere else it's contemporary music.

Wow take it easy there. That's definitely not the case in Ireland. As far as I know electronic music is actually censored on Irish radio. I could be wrong on that but either way if I ever heard a song from any genre of electronic music on Irish radio I think I might actually cry tears of joy.

Here if you listen to electronic music you're instantly branded a scumbag. It's just like the states, people here are so ****ing biased it drives me insane.

It's a shame.

I mean, okay. Sure, people not like the music. That's fine, everyone has different tastes; and certain area's might like the music more. But to be made fun of, and called names, for listening to something different is just plain stupid.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  01:03:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
ireland got their own euphoria though didnt they...so it cant be soooo bad :P

http://www.hardhousezone.co.uk/euphoria_albums.php

CiALiN
Advanced Member

Ireland
535 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  01:09:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CiALiN's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Citrick:
quote:

not quite true..i102-104 every friday and saturday night.house and kinda progressive trance are quite big....there are alot of events all over ireland for electronic music in general...hardcore isnt exactly populer...for example last night sean tyas, marcel woods and simon patterson were in newry..so dance is pretty strong just not hardcore....even in sligo which isnt exactly a massive city get quite big names..deadmau,marcov,sander van doorn and sasha have played here

and on the idea of people thinking electronic music is shite...maybe they should go to the studio when their favourite band is building their track on pro tools or logic....tbh most music nowadays is recorded and put together through a daw..so basically most music is electronic...most people will probably disagree...but when a band goes to the studio they dont just all play at the same time..last time i saw a band in the studio almost every element was recorded seperatly then added in....also even it wasnt put together on a computer..most tracks need to be mastered at some point...which would be done by a mastering engineer on a computer...so welll thats wat i think anyway..im sure a few may disagree

also what i hate and it drives me mad when people say dance music is shite because its so simple....simple my ****ing arse...if they only saw how complicated a professional trance track is..over one hundred channels used..nothing simple about that

http://www.myspace.com/sirsimpleton

http://www.youtube.com/cialino00o00o

Edited by - CiALiN on 2009/08/09 01:14:17
TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  01:27:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CiALiN:
also what i hate and it drives me mad when people say dance music is shite because its so simple....simple my ****ing arse...if they only saw how complicated a professional trance track is..over one hundred channels used..nothing simple about that

"But all you're doing is clicking"

Or some other answer would come out in similar sense.

CiALiN
Advanced Member

Ireland
535 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  01:30:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CiALiN's homepage  Reply with quote
hit them a header...that should shut them up

http://www.myspace.com/sirsimpleton

http://www.youtube.com/cialino00o00o

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  02:01:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
it was only in america that i really experienced the whole ignorance toward dance music

quote:
Originally posted by TheOneNOnly:
I know it's just America, which is kind of stupid. Most here are too ignorant to even LISTEN to a few tracks. They'll just flat out say no, and walk away.

quote:
Originally posted by xMx:
America is -VERY- ignorant towards electronic music

America? Ignorant? Never....

quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
i tell him basshunter is a pop faggot n is equal to the likes of soulja boy & lady gaga

I would **** the shit out of lady gaga though. Have you heard her speak? That high pitched husky voice? Oh my god i would make her talk all the way through sex too.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  02:06:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
in a way they are right...in the same way all shakespere did was put a pen (or quill) to paper...and picasso paint to canvas..

its a shame if a person cant see their way into at least experimenting around being open minded to other forms of music, getting a bit more "worldly".

sad as it may be for the individuals its their own loss, and not worth getting too bothered about..

i was thinking about it a few days ago, because its somthing i went through whilst i lived over there..

whilst it sucks not having many people around who listen to dance music - at least the ones you do come across like it because they actually LIKE it - and arent just listening to it because everybody else is.....

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/09 :  03:34:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
in a way they are right...in the same way all shakespere did was put a pen (or quill) to paper...and picasso paint to canvas..

its a shame if a person cant see their way into at least experimenting around being open minded to other forms of music, getting a bit more "worldly".

I think it's funny how some other genre listeners make fun of listening to ANYTHING but that genre...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page