Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
frozt

United States
372 posts
frozt has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  06:05:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit frozt's homepage  Reply with quote
I didn't want to have a full on philosophical argument with her so I just let it be. I mite go still but I want to find someone other than her to go with me. As mean as that sounds I want to avoid arguing and fighting as much as possible.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  06:55:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by frozt:
I didn't want to have a full on philosophical argument with her so I just let it be. I mite go still but I want to find someone other than her to go with me. As mean as that sounds I want to avoid arguing and fighting as much as possible.

Why would you even want to go with her at all? Clearly isn't remotely her thing, what could possibly be enjoyable about spending time at a rave with someone who dosn't even like it? It would just ruin any potential for fun.

As for the general topic, i can't believe electronic music is so uncommon over there, un****ing lucky! Everywhere else it's contemporary music.
quote:
So I basically started to think, why do people really consider Electronic music as a joke?

No one does, only Americans.
I mean, you actually get laughed at for listening to it? Jesus what a backwards country.

Either way though why do you care what people think about what you listen to. Does it make you enjoy it any less? It shouldn't do.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2009/08/04 07:00:11
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  08:00:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well I've made fun of people for listening to emo so I suppose it's only fair

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  10:02:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
it was only in america that i really experienced the whole ignorance toward dance music
its just the way the music scene has evolved over there

im sure their kandi kid culture did alot to show the rest of america how seriously they should take dance music...

as it stands the lack of respect for other music styles is the only problem i have with america - and the only thing that makes me think twice about moving back there.

näkkk
Advanced Member

Norway
755 posts

16 hardcore releases
näkkk is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  11:40:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit näkkk's homepage  Reply with quote
they think dance music is shit, but gangsta rap about bling and bitches is awesome? lol

I guess Rollins doesn't like hiphop either though

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  11:51:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I asked my girlfriend if it would bother her if I went to Nocturnal Fest here and her answer was, "wow has my boyfriend really gone so far to ask me if he wants to take drugs and go to a rave".

boy did that sent me off. I would have ripped her a new ******* if I wasn't so nice to her.

You should have punched her to the ground. Show her who's boss and that she can't go running her mouth off. Domestic abuse is the way forward. Make her make a cake and do the dishes while she's at it.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/08/04 11:52:41
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  12:01:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
I've actually just watched that video. He's not even remotely funny. I don't particularly care what he's taking the piss out of, he could get my mum up on stage and kick her off again repeatedly. As long as it's funny i don't mind, but not a single thing he said made me chuckle. I hate shit comedians.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Jester MC

Canada
284 posts
Jester MC has attended 9 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  16:12:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jester MC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
t was only in america that i really experienced the whole ignorance toward dance music
its just the way the music scene has evolved over there

im sure their kandi kid culture did alot to show the rest of america how seriously they should take dance music...

as it stands the lack of respect for other music styles is the only problem i have with america - and the only thing that makes me think twice about moving back there.

..not REALLY a great point about the thread, as edm is far more vast than what kandi kids listen to or would be promoting...but great point non the less...no one i talk to understands how silly kandi is...great people who i know who im friends with, simply refuse to except that kandi does nothing posative for anyone.

it looks RETARTED-"so i dont care what people think, thats why i wear it. its a statement man, bright colours and happyness!"
it looks GAY- "i am gay!"
it makes us look as un professonal as can BE- "ya well i like raves to be underground, amiture, and un popular, because if everyone did it i wouldnt do it cuz im just different!"

TAKE IT OFF!"NO!"

**** it ok....everybody make noise on 3? 1? 2? 3?...ok they make noise ok i'll let them slide till the next gig...damn im a sucker for some crowd noise

(dont mind my rambling...kinda made myself laugh at this thats about it:P)

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  16:42:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
Woah.

How'd this get moved? Eh, whatever.

Also this somehow evolved to Frozt's girl doesn't like the music. Haha, I guess I got lucky in America to find a girl that does, eh? Anyway..

@Hard2get if you read, you would notice I said I couldn't care what they said! Ha.

I know it's just America, which is kind of stupid. Most here are too ignorant to even LISTEN to a few tracks. They'll just flat out say no, and walk away.

Because "Techno" is lame...

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

Edited by - TheOneNOnly on 2009/08/04 16:48:04
xMx

United States
94 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  17:23:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit xMx's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm on this a lot, I know. But where I live, Electronic Dance music might as well not exist beyond "Sandstorm" - Darude and "Now You're Gone" - Basshunter. Anyway, I get laughed at all the time for "bein into dat techno sh1t harharhar" etc. whatever. America is -VERY- ignorant towards electronic music, whenever I put some of mine on for people to hear, they always complain, and insist their stupid mainstream hiphop, rock, punk, whatever is better. It feels like they don't even really LISTEN to it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Uh, where was I? That word is so ugly, "techno." people think 3OH!3 is techno, it sickens me. It's literally impossible to explain to people that techno is a genre within electronic music, here in America.
More rambling.. it seems the problem with the US is that all of the like-minded people are VERY far away from each other, so you don't have one collective scene.

Now ending mindless rambling because I'm too tired to form a well-thought out paragragh

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  17:24:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
I asked my girlfriend if it would bother her if I went to Nocturnal Fest here and her answer was, "wow has my boyfriend really gone so far to ask me if he wants to take drugs and go to a rave".

boy did that sent me off. I would have ripped her a new ******* if I wasn't so nice to her.

You should have punched her to the ground. Show her who's boss and that she can't go running her mouth off. Domestic abuse is the way forward. Make her make a cake and do the dishes while she's at it.

You use a pillow case filled with orange's; it doesn't leave any external marks.

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  17:26:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by xMx:
I'm on this a lot, I know. But where I live, Electronic Dance music might as well not exist beyond "Sandstorm" - Darude and "Now You're Gone" - Basshunter. Anyway, I get laughed at all the time for "bein into dat techno sh1t harharhar" etc. whatever. America is -VERY- ignorant towards electronic music, whenever I put some of mine on for people to hear, they always complain, and insist their stupid mainstream hiphop, rock, punk, whatever is better. It feels like they don't even really LISTEN to it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Uh, where was I? That word is so ugly, "techno." people think 3OH!3 is techno, it sickens me. It's literally impossible to explain to people that techno is a genre within electronic music, here in America.
More rambling.. it seems the problem with the US is that all of the like-minded people are VERY far away from each other, so you don't have one collective scene.

Now ending mindless rambling because I'm too tired to form a well-thought out paragragh

Actually I told someone I listened to Electronic and they asked me if I listened to Basshunter.

Edited by - TheOneNOnly on 2009/08/04 17:26:37
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  17:53:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheOneNOnly:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:

You use a pillow case filled with orange's; it doesn't leave any external marks.

S'all about elbows, try it

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  18:03:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xMx:

Actually I told someone I listened to Electronic and they asked me if I listened to Basshunter.

i tell him basshunter is a pop faggot n is equal to the likes of soulja boy & lady gaga

frozt

United States
372 posts
frozt has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  18:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit frozt's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Also this somehow evolved to Frozt's girl doesn't like the music. Haha, I guess I got lucky in America to find a girl that does, eh? Anyway..

Lol, sorry guys.

Anyways she likes Paramore and Kelly clarkson and I don't but I don't say anything about it. She gets to listen to what she wants in her car and I get to listen to what I want to in mine.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page