Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/01/27 :  22:50:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
*UPDATE*

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Invaders-Must-Die/dp/B001QR8RYM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1233081540&sr=8-13

Few short clips of the new Prodigy album. Gotta say its sounding superb. Does sound like theyve changed the breakdown of "Warrior's Dance" a little from the live version floating about you tube, which im not atal happy about, but other than that i have no qualms. Cant wait for this now!

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2009/01/31 :  01:13:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
i've heard the clips and im disapointed.

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/01/31 :  01:57:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:

You're always disappointed.

This also means "People read."

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/02/01 :  10:24:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
isnt it more like pendulum has picked up prodigy's style and run with it rather than the other way round? how long has pendulum been around?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/02/01 :  11:05:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
its true that guitars n DnB/Big Beat have been around before pendulum hit the scene :)

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/02/06 :  00:15:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
http://www.7digital.com/artists/the-prodigy/invaders-must-die/#

More samplings. kindly supplied by some chappy off of the USH

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/02/10 :  00:41:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Just a little update on this. I'm probably not the first to hear about this, but here are another couple of tunes apparently to be on the forthcoming Prodigy album:

Take Me To The Hospital

F*ckin epic track! I'll be buying the album now no matter what just for this beauty

Omen

Not as good as Take Me To The Hospital i think. Sounds very "Outta Space" to me, still a pretty good track all the same and the single is supposedly going to be released in February (but don't quote me on that ) From the looks of things this album is gonna be absolutely banging... thing i'll go pre-order my copy now before i get too excited!

Anyway, just thought id let anyone out there who hadn't heard these in on the action. Peace.

Take me to the hospital is a proper old skool vibe track! (like when they started) if the whole album was like this I'd buy it! but they went shite in 94 with jilted! and have gone downhill since then!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2009/02/10 :  08:25:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
quote:

I'd be disappointed if you were not disappointed.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/02/10 :  10:53:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
quote:

I'd be disappointed if you were not disappointed.

its almost expected really. the world keeps spinning, the sun keeps rising, people grow old and die, 95 stays dissappointed. The day you become impressed by new music, chemical warfare will destroy all life forms on earth, the sun will instantly supanova and the universe will big crunch

ceedee1

United Kingdom
122 posts
Posted - 2009/02/11 :  18:48:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ceedee1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i just heard "invaders must die" you can download it free at the moment from
http://www.theprodigytickets.com/download

and its pretty useless - prodigy aparently cant even keep up to pendulums standerds.

seems like they stopped making good music around about fat of the land.

*edit* didnt they totally jump on the shitty electro bandwagon not long ago...now they are on another wagon?...

they stopped making good music after jilted generation :-(

and considering listening to the experience album was partially my route into the rave scene i was personally devestated when i bought the jilted album but i learned to like some of it..although after that i competely lost interest in the prodigy...but i have just downloaded the invaders must die album on the say so of a mate at work.

so heres hoping...

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/02/11 :  19:50:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ceedee1:
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i just heard "invaders must die" you can download it free at the moment from
http://www.theprodigytickets.com/download

and its pretty useless - prodigy aparently cant even keep up to pendulums standerds.

seems like they stopped making good music around about fat of the land.

*edit* didnt they totally jump on the shitty electro bandwagon not long ago...now they are on another wagon?...

they stopped making good music after jilted generation :-(

and considering listening to the experience album was partially my route into the rave scene i was personally devestated when i bought the jilted album but i learned to like some of it..although after that i competely lost interest in the prodigy...but i have just downloaded the invaders must die album on the say so of a mate at work.

so heres hoping...

You wont be disapointed i dont think, a lot of its much more back to their roots sort of thing. Just listen to Take Me To The Hospital, Warrior Dance and maybe Thunder and a few of the others, very old school sounding.

Some of the tracks are a bit Rocky, some are quite Hadouken-ish, but theyre all still good imo. The only song i dont like on this album is Invaders Must Die

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page