Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  06:43:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
The track is 192k, I was judging the tracks quality for 192k it was quite good, I suspect it was engineered by pendulum because its has a much better compression quality than previous The Prodigy stuff... (if you're into compression)... but that is just my opinion.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  10:19:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Im not a fan of Pendulum & I think it sounds to 'rock like'

As for Prodigy (or is it 'The Prodigy) if you like their early stuff then there is a potential in a future mix of mine (coming early 2009)

I also like 'Outta space' from 1992!

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  10:45:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
Not feelin this atal either. Way too Pendulum style-e. I was hopeful for the new album after hearing "Warrior Dance":

I was loving the thought of them going in a hardcore breaks direction for the album, but after hearing this i'm just gonna have to wait and see how the rest of the tracks sound.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Fluffbomb

United Kingdom
257 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  12:46:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fluffbomb's homepage  Reply with quote
That download is the radio edit so it might have been overcompressed for radio play. The Prodigy doing a Pendulum style track isn't a big surprise as Pendulum stuff IMHO is heavily influenced by The Prodigy. Rock Guitars were creeping into the Prodigy sound in Jilted and most of the tracks on Fat Of The Land had rock guitars.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  20:08:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
its a free track, its not supposed to be great, they're saving the great ones for the new album

sense_of_hardcore

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  22:33:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sense_of_hardcore's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Not feelin this atal either. Way too Pendulum style-e. I was hopeful for the new album after hearing "Warrior Dance":

I was loving the thought of them going in a hardcore breaks direction for the album, but after hearing this i'm just gonna have to wait and see how the rest of the tracks sound.

This tune "The World's On Fire" is meant to be on the new album, sounds great, I like the use of Outlander - The Vamp which is one of my favourite classic rave tunes. Also "Warrior Dance" sounds like a typical Prodigy tune.

"Invaders must Die" is not bad but its no classic at all! There is a strong influence and although I like Pendulum's music, I felt its influence in the song was a bit awkward.

Still, at least the Prodigy are going back to the 'Fat of the Land' sound as opposed to continuing on from their (or rather Liam's) electro 'Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned' sound. Although I thought there were some good tracks, I didn't think it was a step in the right direction for the band.

Edited by - sense_of_hardcore on 2008/12/01 22:37:37
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/12/06 :  23:54:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
pendulum-generation must die

When i was a little younger, i could never understand why this 44 year old woman hated me at work cause i enjoyed 'by the way' single by red hot chili peppers, and now i understand why at 23.

LMAO!!!!!
you're 23?????
well no wonder you are so full of shit!
at 95, you were 10, which i'm sorry if i offend anybody, is definitely not the age where you have any good critical opinion about the music. especially since most ppl don't have that big of a knowledge of the variety out there. i know i didn't. it takes growing and maturing to kind of fully know what u do and don't like. but since u r 23 now, i understand why you don't like the new hardcore in comparison to that time. but just because it was the 1st hardcore you listen to DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THE REST OF IT CRAP!

if someone sat ur hateful ass in front of the TV and made u watch the Britney Spears videos, you would be so totally in love with it and b like that crying gay guy telling us to leave britney alone! seriously dude you were 10 yrs old only 1 time in ur life u wanna keep that mentality go ahead but leave these forums for good and start ur own website of old skool hardcore! that is the only way u can make any type of difference.

and btw that 44 year old lady didn't hate u cuz the song u liked. she hated u cuz u were evil and have nothing positive to say and u probably brought the whole damn mood of ur job down and turned everyone else just as hateful as u!

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/12/07 :  01:40:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

When i was a little younger, i could never understand why this 44 year old woman hated me at work cause i enjoyed 'by the way' single by red hot chili peppers, and now i understand why at 23.

LMAO!!!!!
you're 23?????
at 95, you were 10, which i'm sorry if i offend anybody, is definitely not the age where you have any good critical opinion about the music. especially since most ppl don't have that big of a knowledge of the variety out there. i know i didn't. it takes growing and maturing to kind of fully know what u do and don't like. but since u r 23 now, i understand why you don't like the new hardcore in comparison to that time. but just because it was the 1st hardcore you listen to DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THE REST OF IT CRAP!

if someone sat ur hateful ass in front of the TV and made u watch the Britney Spears videos, you would be so totally in love with it and b like that crying gay guy telling us to leave britney alone! seriously dude you were 10 yrs old only 1 time in ur life u wanna keep that mentality go ahead but leave these forums for good and start ur own website of old skool hardcore! that is the only way u can make any type of difference.

and btw that 44 year old lady didn't hate u cuz the song u liked. she hated u cuz u were evil and have nothing positive to say and u probably brought the whole damn mood of ur job down and turned everyone else just as hateful as u!

why do you even bother wasting energy quoting him and giving him any sort of a reply? i cruise these forums and lately that's what i see from you, quoting 95 and then coming down on him. you're wasting your time even talking to him. he's only trolling and you're feeding the troll. every time you quote and reply to him he's winning over you because you're only giving him what he wants.

also age doesn't mean shit for musical knowledge. by the time i was ten years old i had been introduced to volumes and volumes of musical insight, but that's because i was shown these things by someone that had a respectable size record collection. when i was ten years old there was no such thing as hardcore or happy hardcore though.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2008/12/07 :  16:28:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
it is pointless replying to this topic or quoting 95 or expecting a reply - he's been gone fora week now - he's not coming back, he said in another post "this is my last post"
you're effectly arguing with a brick wall now.

:)

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/12/07 :  18:06:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
it is pointless replying to this topic or quoting 95 or expecting a reply - he's been gone fora week now - he's not coming back, he said in another post "this is my last post"
you're effectly arguing with a brick wall now.

:)

He always comes back after a while when Darren Styles has brought out a new album that needs critisism...

I think that 96 was the time

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/12/07 :  20:33:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

LMAO!!!!!
you're 23?????

Hmm, i wasn't even born when Queen, Led Zeppelin, Jimmi Hendrix or the Beatles were in their prime, does that mean i can't appreciate the music and believe it is better than the rock / indie music of today? No. That's a pretty pathetic argument innit. Do you not listen back through music that you wasn't around to hear when it was released, or was too young to appreciate it? I'm guessing so so why can't he?

Just because he doesn't like the same type of music you like and voices that opinion (in a bloody annoying way i'll give you that) that makes him evil? Bit of an exaggeration don't you think? Hitler = evil. 95 = annoying, forum-dwelling tit. That is all.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/12/07 :  20:52:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Anyone like anything from 1997? I might start a new topic for 1997!

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2008/12/08 :  03:10:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage  Reply with quote
I heard this track last week,

Absolute wank tune.

'World on Fire' is not a bad tune off the new CD, love the 90s influence involved in that....

but seriously guys 'invaders must die' ... is quite a poor tune : (

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/12/16 :  21:07:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
Just a little update on this. I'm probably not the first to hear about this, but here are another couple of tunes apparently to be on the forthcoming Prodigy album:

Take Me To The Hospital

F*ckin epic track! I'll be buying the album now no matter what just for this beauty

Omen

Not as good as Take Me To The Hospital i think. Sounds very "Outta Space" to me, still a pretty good track all the same and the single is supposedly going to be released in February (but don't quote me on that ) From the looks of things this album is gonna be absolutely banging... thing i'll go pre-order my copy now before i get too excited!

Anyway, just thought id let anyone out there who hadn't heard these in on the action. Peace.

Edited by - Meathead on 2008/12/16 21:14:45
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2008/12/17 :  00:19:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
and still no sign of 95

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page