Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

invaders must die

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  00:54:20  Show profile Send a private message
pendulum-generation must die

that's all i have to say, as if uni students being introduced to pop'n'bass was bad, now liam (a god of mine) is churning somting out that will appeal to the pendulum-generation. what is he thinking? I thought they were going back to the Experince/Jilted days.

and now im going to talk about their tour, I simply don't want to be stuck in a room full of teenagers who have just discovered prodigy, they're the type of 'fans' that go, 'AWW yeah! prodigy rock omg! im a firestartarrr!!!!'

When i was a little younger, i could never understand why this 44 year old woman hated me at work cause i enjoyed 'by the way' single by red hot chili peppers, and now i understand why at 23.

Alert moderator
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  01:21:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
pendulum-generation must die

that's all i have to say, as if uni students being introduced to pop'n'bass was bad, now liam (a god of mine) is churning somting out that will appeal to the pendulum-generation. what is he thinking? I thought they were going back to the Experince/Jilted days.

and now im going to talk about their tour, I simply don't want to be stuck in a room full of teenagers who have just discovered prodigy, they're the type of 'fans' that go, 'AWW yeah! prodigy rock omg! im a firestartarrr!!!!'

When i was a little younger, i could never understand why this 44 year old woman hated me at work cause i enjoyed 'by the way' single by red hot chili peppers, and now i understand why at 23.

Pendulum generation?

And I don't see what's wrong with Prodigy. Unless your talking about the fanbase. Then nvm.

This also means "People read."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  01:59:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
you dont like the music of pendulum..
...sucks for you

if you understand now at 23...then you can get over it, and understand that these supposed people will do also when older.

That said - get the hell down off your high horse and stop assuming that your the only person on that tour or on this planet that have heard prodigys older stuff.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2008/12/01 02:10:01
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  02:09:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
you dont like the music of pendulum..
...sucks for you

that reply had no balls. plus, pendulum sucks not me.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  02:10:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
sorry, i just edited it.

*waits for your little whiney baby cry post back*

Edited by - Triquatra on 2008/12/01 02:13:23
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  02:16:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
quote:
sorry, i just edited it.

*waits for your little whiney baby cry post back*

actually i didn't want to reply cause now reading the edited version, I see you're point about the me on a high horse thing. ok let's just try and stay positive about their new LP

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  02:19:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
wtf man - you're 95_is_the_time - i swear to god - everyone else picks a fight with you and theres 10 pages....and i get 2 lousy replys

wth!!!!!!!

lol

now i feel bad about being an ass

i know where your coming from - and i used to get really REALLY pissed off about it, but after years of seeing scooter quoting KLF, dance tracks ripping hardcore tracks, house tracks ripping 80's tracks, hardcore ripping dance tracks, rap tracks ripping dance tracks.....i gave up getting annoyed...it hurts too much to care :/

Edited by - Triquatra on 2008/12/01 02:38:23
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  02:21:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
You mean this Pendulum?

This also means "People read."

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  02:44:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
I don't mind this new track, I think it's pretty good.

I see why you don't like it, but I feel like you can still appreciate it. Hahaha. And you are judging the whole album by the single they released to get buzz going.

As for your issue with the fans, get over it man, and just have a good time yourself. It's hard for me to be at parties if I'm not DJ'ing, I'm super critical, but then I just let go and have a good time.

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  03:08:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
I don't mind this new track, I think it's pretty good.

I see why you don't like it, but I feel like you can still appreciate it. Hahaha. And you are judging the whole album by the single they released to get buzz going.

As for your issue with the fans, get over it man, and just have a good time yourself. It's hard for me to be at parties if I'm not DJ'ing, I'm super critical, but then I just let go and have a good time.

maybe you should try enjoying the party and being less critical? it's tough to be a dj and be out of touch with what the ravers are in to, that's why i go to all sorts of parties. i probably go to about fifty parties a year, for the past ten years that's a lot of parties. that way i can see how a lot of people react to a lot of different things.

it's better to be diverse as a dj because unless you're selfish, your own satisfaction is only part of why you are doing it.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  03:36:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
i just heard "invaders must die" you can download it free at the moment from
http://www.theprodigytickets.com/download

and its pretty useless - prodigy aparently cant even keep up to pendulums standerds.

seems like they stopped making good music around about fat of the land.

*edit* didnt they totally jump on the shitty electro bandwagon not long ago...now they are on another wagon?...

Edited by - Triquatra on 2008/12/01 03:43:51
silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  04:20:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I knew my just looking at the topic and who posted it that you would not like it, you don't like anything.

It's very obvious by the sound production Pendulum have engineered this track, anyone see the fine print credits?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  05:03:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
dont think so, ive heard tracks that have been just engineared by pendulum and they sound quality/production wise much better than this

betcha this is just prodigy just trying to do a track in the same DnB style

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  05:25:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
quote:
dont think so, ive heard tracks that have been just engineared by pendulum and they sound quality/production wise much better than this

betcha this is just prodigy just trying to do a track in the same DnB style

Man, it's not badly produced. It's overcompressed, but that's the style eh.

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  05:27:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TypeR:
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
It's hard for me to be at parties if I'm not DJ'ing, I'm super critical, but then I just let go and have a good time.

maybe you should try enjoying the party and being less critical? it's tough to be a dj and be out of touch with what the ravers are in to, that's why i go to all sorts of parties. i probably go to about fifty parties a year, for the past ten years that's a lot of parties. that way i can see how a lot of people react to a lot of different things.

it's better to be diverse as a dj because unless you're selfish, your own satisfaction is only part of why you are doing it.

Read all of my sentence. :)

It's hard for me to be at parties if I'm not DJ'ing, I'm super critical, but then I just let go and have a good time.

Perhaps I should have added "at first." Oh well.

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2008/12/01 :  05:54:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
life is short. stop being such a whiner.

for once, can we see a post about SOMETHING YOU LIKE?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page