Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/02/05 :  12:01:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Cubase 7 is just out. That being said, I'm still on 5 though, mainly because as mentioned above, modern DAW's can pretty much do anything and everything. I also use Reason 4 (Great for collabs) and if you were to add just one plug in to a cubase setup, this imo, would be it.

I never felt the need to move past SX personally.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Hard2Get on 2013/02/05 12:32:34
Connormgs

United States
91 posts
Posted - 2013/03/01 :  20:12:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Connormgs's homepage  Reply with quote
Studio One is absolutely fantastic, it's what I use myself.

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Exhile has donated money to the site
Posted - 2013/03/05 :  16:50:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage  Reply with quote
There really isnt a for a specific genre anymore these days to be honest. Pro Tools is still prefered for more audio than midi but for the rest take your pick.

I'd say first decide what type of DAW you want. Reason is pretty different and a very elegant solution but it needs to fit the way you think. Same goes for FL Studio. I never liked FL, loved Reason, but I used Logic and Cubase for most of my tracks. Ableton is great but I find it misses too many options for non digital music. So I guess maybe that makes it perfectly suited to Hardcore....

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2013/03/26 :  21:44:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Cubase 7 is just out. That being said, I'm still on 5 though, mainly because as mentioned above, modern DAW's can pretty much do anything and everything. I also use Reason 4 (Great for collabs) and if you were to add just one plug in to a cubase setup, this imo, would be it.

The jump from SX3 to 5 was HUGE

I'm on 7 now and it's not a massive improvement from 5 (neither were 6 or 6.5). 5 was the huge leap.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/04/11 :  11:02:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
If your going to try a few DAW's id suggest adding Ableton to the list, pretty sure they offer free trial versions.

Its without a doubt the most user friendly DAW and ive tried them all bar Logic.

I think people mistake it as being a live tool only but its also a fully functioning production program and the best of the lot imo, each to their own though...

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/04/11 :  11:26:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

The jump from SX3 to 5 was HUGE

I'm on 7 now and it's not a massive improvement from 5 (neither were 6 or 6.5). 5 was the huge leap.

I'll actually agree with this post tbh. Your cpu's performance will probably get worse every update of Cubase thanks to the infamous dongle protection that it has. Software security for Cubase actually took up a lot of processing power and created more bugs & crashes for me tbh. That's why I stopped using it

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2013/04/11 :  16:59:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
Find the DAW you feel you can be most creative with. I tried FL Studio, then Cubase, then Logic and then Ableton and I stick to Logic cause it just helps _me_ best to achieve what I want to achieve.

danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2013/04/12 :  08:54:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage  Reply with quote
For my tracks I do use FL Studio.

Really man doesn't matter which DAW are you using for make music, they're almost all the same in terms of functionality. You have just to find one that you think it's comfortable for you.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page