Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  11:26:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
Clubland hardcore used to be just that faster scouse songs and i hated it but i like pure hardcore now. I tryto make original tracks. I hate the fact that artists make a fortune from someone else

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dj_deano
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,023 posts
dj_deano has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  11:31:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_deano's homepage  Reply with quote
Its been this way since the dawn of time mate. WTF is pure hardcore?

Not meaning to sound like a prick at all but how old are you? How long have you been into hardcore?

What sound are you going for in your tracks? Breeze & Styles sounding or Neophyte, Art of Fighters sounds?

I cant listen to your samples cos im in work.

HTTP://WWW.REACTION-EVENTS.COM

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  11:45:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
Im 26 been into hardcore since 1996. I wouldnt say im trying to to get a specific type just my own sort of thing. But generally hard. Sounds obvious but there are diff types of hardcore and im trying to make it hard hard as in nearly gabber but not quite there. But also slightly trancey, but i like electro type too. In general im trying to do something diff that not everyone is doing.
Pure hardcore as in a track that was made to be and intended as hardcore.

Individyal samples maybe used but if i make my own sounds and stuff then it sort of original

dj_deano
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,023 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  12:32:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_deano's homepage  Reply with quote
Just listened to your clips you posted. Some of them are nice mate, i liked bendy lefty and your percussion loops seem ok. Just general eq tweaking mate, i would boost the mid slightly and clean up your samples as they sound a bit like a dusty needle.

They arent as bad as I was expecting to be honest.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  12:37:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
Lol i see what u mean. U must hear some right old stuff on ere.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  12:48:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
Cheers how bad were u expecting

I sometimes make some really good samples but cant fit them on the track as the rest of the track isnt right for the sample if u know what i mean
I think there good samples listening back some solid sounds just the whole song isnt as good
But after tweaking for days on end your ears start to go tone deaf. Well mine do anyway

dj_deano
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,023 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  13:01:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_deano's homepage  Reply with quote
Your better off having an idea for a tune and then working around it. Its easier than trying to think of stuff on the fly.

Try doing a remix first, just for practice. That was it will give you an idea of where the track is going etc.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  13:06:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
I posted remix other day did u hear it

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  15:26:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
@dj_deano you have pulled my leg lol. Ill clean up bendy lefty and take some midis from it, and samples and will re-do it. Will be the first time i gone back on a track. And That track is over a yr old.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2012/02/24 :  18:57:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
I have uploaded a tester of drums perc and bass.

http://soundcloud.com/electo_kinsey/test

Edited by - electrogen on 2012/02/24 18:58:05
reikomu
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2012/03/08 :  05:44:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit reikomu's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dj_deano:
I used Vanguard for bass. Dont listen when people diss vanguard, its shit for leads but has one or two really really good bassline presets. Cant remember what they are called though.

I can also attest to this.
Vangaurd has amazing bass settings you barely have to tweak it and you can suit it easily to what ever you need.
thanks for the tips Audio Warefare,I actually copied and saved most of the info on this page. I find I always have freq clashing and I take a lot of time eqing my percussion but space the basses.

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/03/18 :  11:04:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
Agreed Vanguard is amazing. Cosmic offbeat is a pretty nice preset. It's so easy to change the osc's and phatten it up - I really love vanguard most used vst I also love Styrus for bass. You can make some pretty amazing sounds quite easily with that plugin - it's also very nice for arps and making bendy/sliding notes or chords (i use FL btw).

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page