i'd like to know how mid-late 90s hardcore was mad

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
sashman15

United States
112 posts
Posted - 2010/10/26 :  03:32:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sashman15's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Contraposition:
the "sounds" of 90s hardcore can easily be replicated with modern day software and hardware that costs spades less.

Not effectively.

Maybe not effectively but definitely not easily. You'd still probably have oldskool samples/stabs sounding like they're 2010, rather than 1998.

By using old software (...hardware?) there's NO WAY IN THE WORLD it could sound even slightly modern. :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,998 posts
Posted - 2010/10/26 :  03:34:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage  Reply with quote
Lol'ed @ the Iomega Zip drive. Had one of those maself.
Come to think of it I still have it! Though it's useless since it isn't the SCSI version and I no longer have a kurzweil to read the patches. Doh!

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

Contraposition

United States
114 posts
Contraposition has attended 2 events
Posted - 2010/10/26 :  03:35:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Contraposition's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by sashman15:
quote:
quote:
the "sounds" of 90s hardcore can easily be replicated with modern day software and hardware that costs spades less.

Not effectively.

Maybe not effectively but definitely not easily. You'd still probably have oldskool samples/stabs sounding like they're 2010, rather than 1998.

By using old software (...hardware?) there's NO WAY IN THE WORLD it could sound even slightly modern. :D

"easily" slipped out, sorry. but my point is is that the cost isn't justified.

edit: i'm sorry, i was kind of grumpy when i made those posts. :( it's totally cool to set up a vintage workspace!

Edited by - Contraposition on 2010/10/28 20:09:43
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2010/11/05 :  17:40:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
the "sounds" of 90s hardcore can be replicated with modern day software and hardware that costs spades less. the money spent on a retro setup would be much better spent on a state-of-the-art audio production studio.

too late lol, ive allready bought an akai s1000. just can't be arsed to do anything with it. what's a good mixing desk? this thing has 8 outputs.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/11/06 :  12:49:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Lol'ed @ the Iomega Zip drive. Had one of those maself.
Come to think of it I still have it! Though it's useless since it isn't the SCSI version and I no longer have a kurzweil to read the patches. Doh!

I have one for my Akai sampler, and because the disk has to be un-write protected to be used and i don't have an SCSI interface, i can't use it.... It's a bit of a joke lol. I have to stick with floppies but that's not so bad since samples are tiny files.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/11/06 :  12:50:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
quote:
the "sounds" of 90s hardcore can be replicated with modern day software and hardware that costs spades less. the money spent on a retro setup would be much better spent on a state-of-the-art audio production studio.

too late lol, ive allready bought an akai s1000. just can't be arsed to do anything with it. what's a good mixing desk? this thing has 8 outputs.

Best thing for the price you can be looking for is probably a second hand Mackie SR 24-4 VLZ. Next up from that, a Mackie 8 Bus second hand.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/11/06 12:53:36
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2010/11/06 :  18:06:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Best thing for the price you can be looking for is probably a second hand Mackie SR 24-4 VLZ. Next up from that, a Mackie 8 Bus second hand.

This.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page