Hardcore Nation

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
jasond
Starting Member

3 posts
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  14:00:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hey all great night my 2nd night to attend and riot i saw u at slipmatt u rocked the crowd and was sound u got slipmatt to sign my cd as for mc kid he was ok but my vote goes to riot hes a sound guy and ant full of himself hes a decent dublin guy and who is the better mc dont matter what matters is how they act and riot gets an A in my book riot works the crowd kid is good too but riot has that bit extra plus he dont look like a 16 year old no offence to mc kid and i agree it was hard to hear the mcs as music was over voice but riot was a lot easier to hear mc kid and mc riot job well done both u are guys are cool and vibes was shit hot and dougal ****in rockeddd i think for next gig they should have new skool and old skool on main room

Alert moderator Go to top of page
nhbshinobi
Starting Member

Ireland
18 posts
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  14:27:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Geez all this MC trouble, sounds like a throwdown!
Freestyle battle at the next one methinks ;)

Ah no but seriously lads, come on = put down the handbags. Ye were all good and yes, slagging the people who had the balls to get up on stage and do their thing is wrong coz no matter may have happened - the hardcore scene is relatively new and constantly developing in Ireland (especailly in the south) so ya gotta support all up and coming spectrums (MCS, djs,etc whatever - if someone doesnt give em a chance hows anyone gonna improve? All a learning process folks. Give em a few more gigs and Im sure they'll be ****ing sorted)
And as MJ said, an MC is there to only add to what the dj does with his armory of tuneage so its not about who can drop the best raps or whatever - its who ever can compliment and adapt to the particular djs style and sound the best and work the crowd without getting lost on an ego trip.

Not sure who else I was talking to from here on da night, but big ups to all of ye as ye seem proper nutters da lot of ye! Only way to have it!!!

HTID and PLUR for sure.

DJ_Paddy-V
Starting Member

Ireland
5 posts
DJ_Paddy-V has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  15:01:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well look john i dont know what went on behind the stage maybe them blokes were arse bandits who were full of shit n threw there weight round n that so theres more to it than what the crowd seen. one of the boys was talkin to ye and he said that you said ye wernt happy with your performance, and as for asking me n pilgrim up im a dj john and have played in front of big crowds b4 so gettin up on the mic aint a big deal 4 me, and id actually ****in love to give it a go!!
id really like to be on the ones n twos to be honost tho...

look man i never ment in any way, shape or form to put down your performance in the slightest and if thats the way it looked i sincerly apologise, you got up and did your thing, fair balls to ye. and as i said before id love to see ye again maybe for a bit longer, its the first time i seen an irish mc and its about ****in time.

john-riot
Starting Member

Ireland
6 posts
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  16:25:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
mark ireland cheers for sticking up for me and thanks to all the guys who wrote good stuff about me and happy new year to all the hardcore nation djs and everyone from this site and paddy its cool man cheers

GaryMaguireXL

Ireland
360 posts
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  16:27:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hey john(riot) was chattin to ya there and you told me the full lot,was a bad act ,but the best thing about all this is experience, i never knew u were only 16 ,fair play m8 and that took ballllllllls.

I heard ya on the mic and i thought u were execellent only thing i would say is that its wasn't for very long.i think it was the end of dougals set.

but fair play and their will be more where you can show peeps what you do best ;):)

Take it easy
XL

johnboy
Starting Member

Ireland
12 posts
johnboy has attended 2 events
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  16:34:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hi all, just want to go over a few things that happend on the night, first of all i want to apologise for anyone who did not get in,i tried my best to get the bouncers to lose the attitude but to no avail.When you hire that venue the bouncers come with it & believe me if i could have hired my own bouncers i would have.They refused people for no apparent reason but it's the way in all dublin clubs unfortunatly.Secondly this crap about the mc's,everyone is entitled to an opinion but there was problems with the mic's from the start & it would be like a dj playing with a really bad monitor is the best way i can describe it,anyway i apologise to the both of u's for the poor quality mic's
On a good note i want to say a big shout to XL who played a crackin' set(2 & a half hours) along with Chris Lawless, by the time it was my turn to play in the side room i was fairly drunk so decided not to play(very unprofessional i know)maybe playin in the 2 rooms & running around trying to get mic's/viuals/bouncers etc sorted out was a bit too much to deal with full of drink,but it's something i won't be doing again.As for the venue itself it's great if it was full to the max but doesn't look much with only a couple of hundred people,nuskool in the main room will be definitly happening in the new year with IRISH & uk talent so bare with us.Both dougal & vibes played some nuskool that went down a treat & both said they had a blinding night.I met some sound people there pixie,airtight,johnny lucas.I haven't recovered fully yet myself so there's few people i have forgot to mention.I hope everyone who attened had a great night & i hope to c u's all again for the next 1.Once again i cannot apologise enough for anyone who did not get in,especially those who helped get the word out about this event.

john-riot
Starting Member

Ireland
6 posts
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  16:35:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
nice one xl nah man i ant 16 i think u saw that mes someone else had saying mc kid looks 16 i wish i was 16 im an old **** lol cheers mate great set from u your a top dj keep up the good work man and happy 05

GaryMaguireXL

Ireland
360 posts
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  16:41:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
sorry m8, same to ureself.

See ya at the next 1 john and Chris fair play lads,hardcore 05 gonna be very interesting.;)

johny lucas
Starting Member

Ireland
13 posts
johny lucas has attended 4 events
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  17:14:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
allright lads
well must say i had a great night that was one of the best raves i have been too.
forget all the shit about who was the best dj/mc on the night its just not worth it going on about
anyway it was good to talk to a few of the lads from the last 2 gigs and put a few names to faces

hope to hear about the next one soon

PILGRIM

United Kingdom
27 posts
PILGRIM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  17:45:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PILGRIM's homepage  Reply with quote
Riot No problem mate! Alright I take back what I said your new to all this and you said your a hip hop mc so I take it back. I've had a lot more expierence than you. I've mc'd at HELTER SKELTER,GLOBAL GATHERING,DREAMSCAPE,HYSTERIA,HOMELANDS IRELAND & UK. Plus Ive done gigs all over england and Ireland but as you said your a hip hop mc so were totally different. I'm sure ya good at what you do over hip hop. I explained to john boy why I couldnt do the first one. Next one I'll be there and I'll take the mic. I' started out as a hardcore mc dj in 92. I was livin england and moved back here in 99. Cos there was no Hardcore scene here so I got involved with Bassbin the JUNGLE/DRUM AND BASS crew. I'll show ya what I can do at the next! That I promise.

IF YA GOTTA WHISTLE JUST GIVE IT A BLOW,IF YA GOTTA HORN THEN GO GO GO!

ilovesmarties
Starting Member

Ireland
18 posts
ilovesmarties has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  22:58:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
thought the gig was a brill night. much better than the last one with slipmat. must say fiar ****s to dougal and vibes for having the time for ppl got chatting to both of them unlike that slipmat who just ****ed off after his set.
and just a shout out to mouse if your out there try not get caught under any more shop shutters.

Wild Irish Raver

Ireland
332 posts
Wild Irish Raver has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/12/30 :  23:24:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
bobby is that u lol??
or is it one of de odr lads that was backat the gaff??

Why o why cant you just accept it..im a raver not a crazy drug addict!!

m_j

Ireland
117 posts
m_j has attended 3 events
Posted - 2004/12/31 :  00:08:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit m_j's homepage  Reply with quote
yep that would be bobby or 'twinkle twinkle', 'star head', 'something about mary', or any other of the things people were calling him that night. you really cant miss a lad with a hawaiin shirt and the biggest yellowest star shaped head ever

rhythm is your liberation!

Wild Irish Raver

Ireland
332 posts
Wild Irish Raver has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/12/31 :  01:04:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
one word for ya bobby LEGEND.
remember the mc comin ovr to us and handin us the mic and u said "hardcore" and i did a little scream.....................................WHY DID I ****IN SCREAM OF ALL THINGS TO DO DEAR GOD!!LMAO!

Why o why cant you just accept it..im a raver not a crazy drug addict!!

mr bishi
Advanced Member

Ireland
874 posts

49 hardcore releases
mr bishi has attended 16 events
Posted - 2004/12/31 :  02:18:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovesmarties:
just a shout out to mouse if your out there try not get caught under any more shop shutters.

That was ****ing wicked

Hell hath no fury like a hippo with a machine gun.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page