Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

NEW DJ 1ST MIX....NEED COMMENTS

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ FIRE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2009/04/26 :  20:41:58  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DJ FIRE's homepage
djing for bout a month, yes its commercial but every1 has 2 start somewhere..........lookin for tunes now that not every1 has heard. but still plz comment on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO6UuZSmMyY

Alert moderator
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/26 :  21:30:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
First tip. Dont mix tracks ripped from compilations.

Full tracks have intros and outros that are to be mixed (not always intro to outro outro to intro but best to do this to start then experiment later). At the moment youre mixes are basically somebody on their iTunes pressing the skip button after a minute or so. Im not trying to be too harsh mate but this isnt DJing. Buy the full tracks (you have traktor yeah so get the mp3s or WAVs) and MIX the intros and outros, then youre halfway to being a DJ.... the other half is getting rid of Traktor and buying some decks ;)

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ FIRE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  17:17:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ FIRE's homepage
where would i download original mp3s from???

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  17:41:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
the record sites like next generation, evolution, 24/7 and stuff, imodownload or trackitdown sell the mp3's.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

DJ FIRE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  17:43:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ FIRE's homepage
so i can get any type of hardcore tunes off these sites? as i will be looking for specific commercial 1s at the mo, ie the 1s ive heard on albums

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  18:30:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

Full tracks have intros and outros that are to be mixed (not always intro to outro outro to intro but best to do this to start then experiment later). At the moment youre mixes are basically somebody on their iTunes pressing the skip button after a minute or so. Im not trying to be too harsh mate but this isnt DJing. Buy the full tracks (you have traktor yeah so get the mp3s or WAVs) and MIX the intros and outros, then youre halfway to being a DJ.... the other half is getting rid of Traktor and buying some decks ;)

Meh, if you're a good DJ like me you'll manage to mix every piece of shit.
You can also build your own intro/outro if the track hasn't been released yet.

But yeah I agree with you, having the original track is always better and.. *cleaner* :)

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  18:32:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ FIRE:
so i can get any type of hardcore tunes off these sites? as i will be looking for specific commercial 1s at the mo, ie the 1s ive heard on albums

yes..

commercial.. if you want.. darren styles has some 'punk'-somerthing label i think..

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

DJ FIRE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  19:27:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ FIRE's homepage
cheers

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  20:51:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

Meh, if you're a good DJ like me you'll manage to mix every piece of shit.
You can also build your own intro/outro if the track hasn't been released yet.

But yeah I agree with you, having the original track is always better and.. *cleaner* :)

But it'll sound like shit. You cant mix two tracks together that youve ripped off an album when one has an intro or outro from another song playing it will sound awful. You can try quick mixing to solve this problem but that doesnt always sound right with every track and can make a mix very annoying. When you put together a mix, well when i put together a mix i try to make the entire mix as good as it can be. I practise every transition, adjust them, scrap them in some cases, leave out tunes i really want in there if they dont fit. It takes some effort to put together a GOOD mix. Any twat (no offense to anyone here im not having a pop at anyone in particular) can throw together two tracks ripped from bonkers or cxh with other tracks playing in the background and call it a "mix". DOesnt mean it will sound good. You need the clean mp3s/records to make a clean and listenable mix. You can make your own but thats only for people with cd decks/serato type software. The rest of us have to make do, but even your DIY intros wont sound great. Tracks arent released yet? Wait.

DJ Fire, adding to acid's list....

junodownload.co.uk / juno.co.uk (if you ever feel like switching over to vinyl)
djdownload.co.uk
beatport.com

And good luck mate :)

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

DJ FIRE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 posts
Posted - 2009/04/29 :  19:57:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ FIRE's homepage
Thanks, any more help people have 4 me would be great

lozowen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 posts
lozowen has attended 10 events
Posted - 2009/04/30 :  13:18:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lozowen's homepage
www.trackitdown.net
www.imodownload.com
www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk

on www.NARCOTICRADIO.co.uk
- Upfront Hardcore & Gabber

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page