Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/06/07 :  07:26:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Best (the only 2 types of music that I like):

1. Happy Hardcore ('96 - '00)
2. Old skool Dance ('92 - '97)

Worst:

1. Rap
2. Slow soppy crap
3. Country
4. Operah
5. Pop
6. Rock

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can show you all the good things in your life...... follow me......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
BaByGiRL
Starting Member

Australia
14 posts
Posted - 2002/06/07 :  08:22:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Love all music....................

Happyhardcore
Dance
old school shit
Trance
Rap
Alternative Rock
RnB
Soft rock

.............BuT I cAnNoT sTaNd tHaT oPeRa ShIt aNd ThosE
MeSsEd Up CoUnTrY........aNd PuNk rOcK sTuFF

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/11 :  21:37:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Atlas:

3)Deep progressive trance (none of that pop-trance digweed shiz)

Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/06/11 :  22:32:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lixx:
quote:

3)Deep progressive trance (none of that pop-trance digweed shiz)

Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx

holy crap
i didn't know john graham was mixing a tranceport! i'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow...
and you're 100% right... digweed is the furthest thing from pop trance that you can get. really deep, spacey, trippy prog house. no other dj can come close to doing it as well as him.

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  20:52:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant:
holy crap
i didn't know john graham was mixing a tranceport! i'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow...

Yeah it was released as Quivver instead of his real name and actually they changed it from Tranceport to Transport when Max Graham did 4. I haven't purchased any prog trance in forever but there's so much good stuff coming. New cds from Digweed, Pappa, Burridge & Richards, Saeed & Palash, Tengalia, Lawler, Fortier, Lieb... damn how will I ever afford all this shit and records?!? I'm so hopeless..
-Lixx, Obsessive Collector Extraordinaire

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  21:55:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage  Reply with quote
ugh i've been buying quite a bit of the stuff lately, what with the lack of new freeform releases and all... check out Arrakis- Aira Force (lemon 8 mix) ... wicked tune! very digweedish... all this new dark stuff out there's is so well produced...

mixing it is a lot more difficult than mixing hardcore too... fun stuff :)

TechnoNut

United Kingdom
110 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  02:13:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
My fav styles in Chronological order;

1985-'89
Acid House (da birf of Rave)

1990-'93
House (underground)
Techno Breakbeat (da original Hardcore)

1994-'97
Jungle
Happy Hardcore

1998-'02
Hard House
Hard Trance
D'n'B

(the dates are about the time they were most popular or developed not the dates I liked them)

=) 'ardcore!

flyingtoad

United States
22 posts
Posted - 2002/07/24 :  20:10:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Happy Hardcore is the greatest!!!!!!!!! After that Trance and Dance is good too

Were Flyin High
Were Flying Right up to the sky!

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/07/25 :  04:12:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
1. Happy Hardcore
2. Hard/Scouse House
(scousehouse is like a mix between Hard House & a v.little bit of trance & HHC thrown in)
3. dance (ie: 2 unlimited)
4. 80's electro pop

There are very few genres I dont like, & none I hate, as I realise most music derives bits & pieces from others.

My music collection has at least one piece of music from every genre I can think of except Opera.

Hardcore family never dies.

Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/07/25 :  08:42:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
[q]Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx[/q]

hey big shooter, i was talking mostly BOUT THE SHIT HE MAKES....personally i hate the sellout bastard and if you worship him like a god as does the other 75% of people that know about him, than great ****ing day fer you buddy..but thanks to a friend of mine, ive heard almost all of his cds just listening to them with him some nights, and IN MY OPINION, i ve heard much better!

What i consider deep prog trance............ever heard of hardesertrance?mixed by dj brian? thats deep shit......its not very popular because it dosnt have the melodic charm as most trance, and its got some dark songs, but its the best mixed trance cd ive heard (in my opinion)

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  02:01:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage  Reply with quote
i think he/she just wanted to know what our favorite/hated muzik is

love..
1.oldschHHC, '2000'HHC
2.hardcore (rotterdam)
3.hardtrance/acid
4.hardhouse
5.hardNRG

hates..
1.top40 pop
2.country
3.punk rock
4.slow shitty dance tracks
5. I HATE PHYSCADELIC TRANCE!!

"what goes up must come down"... so keep popin!

WEBA D

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  05:31:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage  Reply with quote
I think pop poo needs to be mentioned again for my hateret with a passion

"what goes up must come down"....so keep popin!

WEBA D

kBud

United States
33 posts
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  12:52:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think he ^^^ hates pop. I don't blame you, but sometimes it's so unavoidable. I loathe all things pop.

But here's what I love:
~Happy Hardcore (duh.)
~House (funky/acid/booty/ghetto/bangin)
~2 step
~DnB
~Techno

-->cheesehead numero uno<--
.:come and take a trip with me:.
.:to a land where love is free:.
-~-KELLi-~-

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  15:21:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Digweed is not a sellout. How can you ever claim that he hasn't always been spinning exactly the style of music he loves and loves to get people grooving with? If you want deep dark and dirty try Parks & Wilson - Painting On Silence. I myself am looking forward to the release of Satoshi Tomiie's Nubreed cd *drool*
-Lixx

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/07/28 :  11:40:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
[q]Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx[/q]

hey big shooter, i was talking mostly BOUT THE SHIT HE MAKES....personally i hate the sellout bastard and if you worship him like a god as does the other 75% of people that know about him, than great ****ing day fer you buddy..but thanks to a friend of mine, ive heard almost all of his cds just listening to them with him some nights, and IN MY OPINION, i ve heard much better!

What i consider deep prog trance............ever heard of hardesertrance?mixed by dj brian? thats deep shit......its not very popular because it dosnt have the melodic charm as most trance, and its got some dark songs, but its the best mixed trance cd ive heard (in my opinion)

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."

i have no problem with people having different taste in music from my own, but i take issue with people calling John Digweed a sellout. I saw digweed spin 3 weeks ago... he played for 7 hours and didn't play a single record that i'd ever heard (and i'm at the record shop every week picking up the new deep progressive releases). I saw him play with sasha 3 months ago and they played only ONE record that i had heard before, and it was a track that John Digweed had remixed himself with Nick Muir as Bedrock. You certainly can't accuse him of being commercial just because people like him... he plays what he wants and people love him for it, as opposed to someone like Judge Jules who will play chart hits and nothing but cheese.

I've heard DJ Brian's Hardesertrance... and his Psychotrance CD. They were alright i guess, but i wasn't blown away. I've also seen him play live here at the local club, and i was a bit bored during his set to be honest. But whatever, everyone has different tastes.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page