Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: North America

Dance of the dead (0 attended)

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
NeXuS has donated money to the site NeXuS has attended 15 events
Posted - 2006/09/26 :  03:28:51  Show profile Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage
[0 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Dance of the dead
Starts: October 28th, 2006
State/Territory: Oregon

by W&F
~Portland~

THE AWAKENING BEGINS

Area 1: HAUNTED HOUSE

CHRIS BOHN
BANGIN HOUSE/ELECTRO :: ATEL RECORDS :: LA, CA
Now the co-founder of the fastest growing domestic label, ATEL Records, Chris is making his mark on the music scene world wide. With an array of critically acclaimed hits on the top of the charts for both sales and radio play he is now becoming a staple in electronic music.

DETONATE & SARAH SHOXX
HARD TECHNO/TRIBAL :: KLUBSTOMPERS.COM/GLITCH RECORDS/Goodbeat :: SEATTLE, WA
Together, Detonate and Sarah Shoxx are an unstoppable force in the Northwest's fast thriving Hard Techno scene. They are known as innovators in both the underground music and fashion scenes. Detonate and Sarah are also the proud creaters of the infamous Klubstompers crew of Seattle.

SUCKAHOUSE DJs
BANGIN/ELECTRO :: FLAIR/503 CREW :: PORTLAND, OR
Supporters of, and nothing but, House music - Suckahouse DJ's have made a name for themself in short time. After many local appearences, Freddy The Funkster and DJ Stu have already headlined out of state - and as far away as Texas!

HOUSE/Electro/Progressive :: W&F :: PORTLAND, OR
As Portland's newest DJ and W&F's youngest member, Offline is coming out of the gates fast. After years of training, he earned his first gig at the legendary DEVOTION nightclub where he was recieved with great response. His second show had him playing with Check 6, reffered to by many as a Northwest Icon. Third times a charm, as Offline will take to the mainstage again for the masses. Enjoy!

DUBBZ
FUNKY/FRACTURED HOUSE :: W&F :: PORTLAND, OR
Dubbz is surely our most capable force when it comes to the sneak attack. He has remained quite in his many years of playing, lying dormant through of Portland's ups and downs. Then he snuck up on everyone at RELEASE when he commanded attention at the mainstage for a vass majority of his set. His performance was so powerful, he nearly cleared the rest of the building. Breaks, House, Progressive.... It doesn't matter, Dubbz is here to make you move!

WIGGLES
HOUSE :: KLUBSTOMPERS/DJWIGGLES.COM :: PORTLAND, OR
“Over the years I have experienced many ups and downs in the Portland scene. One thing that has always remained constant is the love I have for our community, our family, and our scene. Portland’s dance culture has changed my life and helped mold me to be the person I am today. The love and support my career has gotten throughout this scene is overwhelming and, to-say-the-least, humbling. It is an honor to be able to return this support by providing Portland with events like BOUNCE, FOR THE LOVE, LOVE AFFAIR, FAMILY CIRCUS, WHITE ON, RELEASE and now, DANCE OF THE DEAD!

Area 2: THE GRAVEYARD

MECHWARRIOR
DnB :: BARCODE RECORDS/FREAK/NIGHTFALL RECORDS :: CANADA/AUSTRALIA
DJ Mechwarrior, aka Rohan Bell has been smashing dancefloors from Sydney to Seattle with his deep, dark, thugged-out beats since 1998.
Mechwarrior's early years were filled with music. After a few years of religiously taping underground dance music radio shows and trading them with friends Bell attended his first illegal warehouse party, and after being passed a DJ Hype mix tape in 1996, his journey was clear.
His crates began to fill with as much Drum 'n' Bass as he could afford. Amassing an impressive battalion of tunes, Mechwarrior played throughout Sydney and the East Coast as the bookings rolled in, demonstrating his innate talent for rocking the floor. Often billed at underground parties, he also DJed alongside international heavyweights like Laidback, Konflict, Paul Arnold and the Usual Suspects. One fateful night, he decided to hit a Junglepunks party in the Blue Mountains. 'We rocked up in my car and they were just finishing setting up', Bell says. 'I asked half jokingly if they needed any extra DJs that night as I had records with me. To my surprise they
said I could open!' Manson and Speaka Freaka, Junglepunks promoters and two of Sydney's sickest techno DJs recognised his skills behind the decks and although a staunchly techno crew, took Mechwarrior on as their sole DnB resident. In the years to come he developed a cult following in the Sydney underground scene, bursting eardrums with acid techno legends like Chris and Julian Liberator and D.a.ve. the Drummer as well as technocrats Oliver Ho and the Advent. In 2002,
Mechwarrior moved to Vancouver - the capital of western Canadian D&B was in for some solid Sydney dancefloor devastation as Mech supported
Klute, Suv, John Rolodex, Dieselboy, Sage, Photek, Gridlok, Mayhem, Evol Intent, Reid Speed, Ray Keith, T.C. Izlam and A-Sides in Toronto, Vancouver and Seattle. He soon linked up with Canadian producer Jeff
Malcolm(Psidream) and collaborated on stellar releases
Stitches(Barcode) and Pressure Point(Back to the Void EP, Renegade Hardware), tunes rinsed by A-Sides, Stakka, Trace, Tech Itch, Loxy and Skynet to name a few. Recently linking with Metalheadz' rudeboy John
Rolodex, the trio hammered out 'Personal Demons', forthcoming on Dylans 'Freak' imprint. Bell is now focusing on solo work, with some remixes in the pipeline for A-sides and Resound. With his Australian homecoming tour about to kick off, get ready for some slammin' DnB and badass mixing from master of the dark arts, DJ Mechwarrior….

SUPERHEROES OF URBAN WARFARE
JUMP UP/JUNGLE/DnB :: W&F/INCOGNITO :: PORTLAND, OR - SEATTLE, WA
When Axiom brought MC Pupil with him to steal the show during RELEASE, we were more then impressed - we were blown away! Proudly, we present are one and only Dnb Head, Axiom, along with MC Pupil as the Super Heroes Of Urban Warfare.

PALMER & POOKA
ELECTRO/TECHNO/HOUSE :: EMU PRODUCTIONS/GOODBEAT :: SEATTLE, WA
W&F are very excited to present Palmer and Pooka, Washington's most celebrated breakbeat duo. Whether it be the desert or the concrete jungle of the Northwest, Palmer & Pooka will be found bringing their mix of funky, nu skool and progressive breaks to the dancefloor.

SIDESTEP & POECAINE
BREAKBEAT MADNESS :: RED CUBE//CAPTURED EVENTS:: PORTLAND, OR
No introduction is needed for these to high energy breakbeat kings of Portland. We are honored to get these two great local DJ's on the same stage, at the same time. Together, Sidestep and Poecaine will be sure to set off your halloween celebration in wicked ways!

VIZE
BREAKS :: NBA/BORN IDLE :: PORTLAND, OR
Vizes production specialty is funky/chemical breaks combining rare breabeats, gritty synths and bagnin drum tracks, along with scrupulously manipulated samples and intense melodies. Live shows are definate strong point for Vize, who's DJing style can be described as versatile and engaging.

QUICKSTER
DnB :: 1001 US
1001's one and only Quickster has made a quick name for himself, commonly playing hard smashers and drowns the dancefloor in darkness. His technical prowress behind the decks have earned him a repoir in the pacific northwest, and he is begining to expand beyond it

Area 3: THE CRYPT

WHEELZ
HARDSTYLE/HARD NRG :: SMOKESHACK/NEXT LEVEL/SINFUL
Offically titled "Seattles NRG BadBoy", Dj Wheelz has had a great impact in bringing the pounding sounds of NRG, Hard Trance & Hardstyle to the Pacific Northwest. Always known for his hard style no matter what genre, he has been, and will continue to be one of the areas premiere, Hard Dance DJs.

J.D. FUNK LIVE
HARDSTYLE/HARD NRG :: KLUBSTOMPERS/ADRENALINEAM.COM
J.D. Funk has proven himself in his years of djing, playing numerous shows in Washington, Oregon, North Carolina, New York, and Florida - sharing the bill with dj's like Omar Santana, Kid Krazzy, Patrick Dsp, Frankie Bones, Atomic Babies and Dj Swamp to name just a few. Now he will show us all his productions skills, LIVE!

THE BANDIT & LITTLE TERROR
HARDCORE/GABBER :: GIGANTICORE//FUNSHINE/ANEURYSM
DJ the Bandit is a transplant from the Netherlands, having moved to Portland about 4 years ago. Little Terror is a NW born and bread Hardcore junkie. Together these two will combine some of the hardest tracks released around the world!

SHANK
HARDCORE/GABBER :: ANEURYSM PRODUCTIONS
After years behind the decks, this DJ of the dark has taken up event production. Proving to be one of the darkest productions company's in Portland, Aneurysm Productions was spearheaded by Shank. Sinster Tuesday's and Dementia were both provided by Shank.

ATTRACTIONS INLUDE:
-3 Themed Rooms
-A Vass Array of Music Styles
-Over 20 Great DJs and Artists
-1001 US Sound & Lighting
-Smoke Free Dance Environment
-Another Quality W&F Event
-Free CD Giveaway's and More!

Venue will be a very beautiful, historic ballroom in Portland.
EARLY ARRIVAL IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED!
Doors open @ 9:30pm

INFO AVAILABLE @ 503.972.1115 & http://djwiggles.com
ONLY $15 w/Full Costume :: $20 till Midnigh/$25 After
EARLY ARRIVAL IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED!!!

Alert moderator

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page