of 5

Author Thread  
ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
ihaveduff has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  03:42:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I'm supposed to be picking my tix up on the night :S moshtix style lol so don't know my ticket number... my guess is sydney uni or UNSW somewhere... or a warehouse down the back of sydenham :P... its a hard one to guess coz fenix claims that there'll be 3 arenas (atrium could *just* manage that) and the size of the lineup dictates a minimum of 2.

i doubt it'll be a capacity rave, but less people in a bigger venue means more room to stomp!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Baby700

Australia
60 posts
Baby700 has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  10:04:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
F**k that's dodgy :( Bet it's some shit warehouse venue out the back of Strathfield. And why don't they have the balls to announce this new venue straight up if it's so damn good? Oh wait...cause Fenix the money grabbing whore wants to make extra $$ off all the 1900 calls.

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  10:19:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hahaha yeah... ahh well, as long as some echild aggot doesn't post the location, it wont get busted/shut down... monitored forums ;)

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  00:21:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeh, the only advantage i can think of not releasing the location is hopefully the cops wont no where it is either. I wonder if fenix actually originally booked the atrium. hmmm.

Baby700

Australia
60 posts
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  07:26:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Ok, I have it on authority from someone involved with HW (that isn't Fenix) that:
a) the Atrium really was booked;
b) tickets were selling much faster than anticipated;
c) the new venue is booked on the dotted line and much bigger/better.

So yeah...whilst I am still somewhat sceptical, I am a lot more positive about the venue change :)

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  09:24:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
ahhhh sweet... any hints on the new location? *hopeful*... will there be parking?

Baby700

Australia
60 posts
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  09:44:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
No hints sadly. I assume there would be parking...would be rather silly not to have enough! I also would guess it's close to Macq Uni seeing as they're running a bus b/t Macq Uni and the new venue (for anyone who shows up at the wrong venue). Some ppl have suggested one of the Sydney Olympic Park warehouses...could be viable.

sonar1
Starting Member

Australia
2 posts
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  10:22:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I'm gonna go crazy if this event gets raided

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  22:35:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
hmm thats cool. is there normally a cloaking area that can be trusted?

stray

Australia
302 posts
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  02:59:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit stray's homepage  Reply with quote
Can no-one else see what Fenix is thinking? Flyers all say Atrium....... Last minute change of venue..........only find out where it is on the night....All his events get raided.... Its all a master plan to put the cops off (at least for a few hours) from busting up the party. Brilliant! lets just hope its a good venue, the autograph booth exists, and no one feels the need to get suckered in to VIP tickets again

http://www.freeformforum.net - A site for Freeform Fanatics to talk music and nonsense

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  03:04:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yeah, but he's published the change of event, so all it'll take is someone on Echild to post it, and the cops know where it is (they monitor the forums there)

Geffo
Starting Member

Australia
7 posts
Geffo has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  15:53:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Posted - 2006/08/15 : 14:14:26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardwars Outdoors sucked. Crap venue, crap sound, crap VIP area. I swore I'd never go to any Fenix event after that.

Apparently Helter Skelter with DJ Dean went off. It was in the Atrium. I didn't go (due to afore-mentioned reason).

I'm sceptical about HW Indoors. I'd love to see Neophyte again...but...we'll see.

WTF are you talking about it went off they played an extra few hours till it was daylight and it started to rain. Your peak must of been shit or you were scattered as ****.

Ravine
Average Member

Australia
209 posts
Ravine has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/11/10 :  01:59:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravine's homepage  Reply with quote
This is quoted from eChild.
quote:
Normally in these situations, most would say ‘Due to Unforeseen Circumstances’ – However, I would rather be honest & tell you guys what actually happened, which hopefully you’ll appreciate a little more rather than being kept in the dark like normal. I was organizing this tour for UFO so I would rather be upfront with you all, as I have to take some of the blame for this situation.

As part of UFO’s tour, I had lined up gigs for him in Sydney (Hard Wars), but also in Adelaide, along with a possible Brisbane gig too.
Everything was 100% confirmed until it came to light last week that Adelaide & Brisbane had both pulled out of the tour, which left only Sydney. Also, flights were never booked as promised by promoters which diddn’t really leave us a lot of options & left us feeling very frustrated.
I was really disappointed with this, especially with the Adelaide gig as not once did the promoters tell me of the situation which was not only ****ing rude, but also disrespectful. I have therefore also decided not to have any future dealings with them.

However, myself & the promoters of Hard Wars tried everything possible to keep the tour alive, as did UFO himself. However, with the time frame & everything else against us, it was decided that it would be best for UFO to concentrate on commitments at home in the UK.

I know a lot of you will be disappointed at this, but UFO has asked me to tell you guys that he is really sorry that he couldn’t come out this time round as he was really looking forward to coming over & that he will be seeing you guys again sooner than you think :0) On the bright side I am already in the process of organizing another tour for him which will see him in Sydney in the very near future (More news on that soon)

Now as myself & the promoters of Hardwars know that a lot of you will be disappointed with this, they have done everything they can to try to compensate & keep everyone happy. So, to end this post off on a bright note, they have organized for another international to come in & play on the night, which considering it’s such short notice, is fantastic. This International will be announced on the night.

I hope that everyone can understand that sometimes these things do happen & that you realize i have tried everything to turn it around. We are all really disappointed, however I strongly believe that the promoters are pulling out all the stops to try & make this one of the parties of the year!

Thanks all for your time & understanding along with my sincere apologies

Rory

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/10 :  02:01:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hey all, just came across this on Echild... thought you might be interested...

i have to say that i respect the promoter to be upfront and honest about the situation though!!... any guesses on who the international will be?? I'm hoping it'll be a happyhard DJ, no more gabber/hardstyle/hardcore!!! i want my happy!!

but yeah...

i think Rory is Impact :P

Normally in these situations, most would say ‘Due to Unforeseen Circumstances’ – However, I would rather be honest & tell you guys what actually happened, which hopefully you’ll appreciate a little more rather than being kept in the dark like normal. I was organizing this tour for UFO so I would rather be upfront with you all, as I have to take some of the blame for this situation.

As part of UFO’s tour, I had lined up gigs for him in Sydney (Hard Wars), but also in Adelaide, along with a possible Brisbane gig too.
Everything was 100% confirmed until it came to light last week that Adelaide & Brisbane had both pulled out of the tour, which left only Sydney. Also, flights were never booked as promised by promoters which diddn’t really leave us a lot of options & left us feeling very frustrated.
I was really disappointed with this, especially with the Adelaide gig as not once did the promoters tell me of the situation which was not only ****ing rude, but also disrespectful. I have therefore also decided not to have any future dealings with them.

However, myself & the promoters of Hard Wars tried everything possible to keep the tour alive, as did UFO himself. However, with the time frame & everything else against us, it was decided that it would be best for UFO to concentrate on commitments at home in the UK.

I know a lot of you will be disappointed at this, but UFO has asked me to tell you guys that he is really sorry that he couldn’t come out this time round as he was really looking forward to coming over & that he will be seeing you guys again sooner than you think :0) On the bright side I am already in the process of organizing another tour for him which will see him in Sydney in the very near future (More news on that soon)

Now as myself & the promoters of Hardwars know that a lot of you will be disappointed with this, they have done everything they can to try to compensate & keep everyone happy. So, to end this post off on a bright note, they have organized for another international to come in & play on the night, which considering it’s such short notice, is fantastic. This International will be announced on the night.

I hope that everyone can understand that sometimes these things do happen & that you realize i have tried everything to turn it around. We are all really disappointed, however I strongly believe that the promoters are pulling out all the stops to try & make this one of the parties of the year!

Thanks all for your time & understanding along with my sincere apologies

Rory

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/11/10 :  02:03:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hahaha ravine, beat me to it mate

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page