Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

HARDCORE HEAVEN: What a night!?!?

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
easy_tiger07
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  09:52:28  Show profile Send a private message
Just lookin 4 peeps thoughts on HH at the Sanctuary????

This was the first big event I have been to and i can't wait to get back to another (I think MC Storm said somthing about a 48 hour event in a few months). Well done Slamin' Vinyl !!!

The venue was a lil' bit small for the sell out 3,200 ravers packed into the place and it was a shame there wasn't a heated chill out room as promised but apart from those two small complaints it was absolutely BANGIN'

1.) The atmosphere was great. (Ravers together 4 eva)
2.) The sound system and dj's were wicked. (especially Sy)
3.) The mc's were rippin' it up really gettin the crowd goin.
4.) Lazers and lightshow was well cool (reach 4 the lazers)
5.) Bumper cars, buzzin my nut off - most fun i've ever had!
6.) All the stages were wicked like lookin ova a sea of glowsticks.

Overall what an event, well attended, lets get this scene back to where it used to be!!!

Big shout out to

- The threesome, always good to see two girls going with each other! (sorry 4got ur names) - (crazy_cat?)
- The lad from Bath uni, give me a email if u read this.
- All the Hardcore on the top of the central stage at the end.
- The geezer from Wetherspoons.
- Anyone else who I ran into and chatted to, even if it was only for a minuet.

A.C.Tait

Alert moderator

Edited by - easy_tiger07 on 2003/02/10 10:39:28
radiokate
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  10:21:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit radiokate's homepage
font=Comic Sans MS][/font=Comic Sans MS]

how rude was that event man!!! im soooo shamed of all u lot - one person (well, 2 inc me) representin hardcore heaven - wer was u all at?! that has to be the best rave iv ever been to, even if it was totally over crowded & too warm it was wicked! quite ashamed by my boyf & his best mate startin the whole crowd off upstairs with the 'mark eg' chant 10 mins b4 he was even on! only bad points is that it really did need a chillout tent or summat like that... and all them ppl jus droppin like flies the pussies... scared me thou seein the paramedics etc liftin up some guy outside... know yr limits init! whizzkid was absolutely rude - have to giv it to him he can hype up a crowd - with SB aswell that set was awsome.. gutted to have to leave at 4ish cos my mate was full of cold & howling by that time, i was so hyper thou i didnt care :-) plus side was as i was leavin so Sy was coming in so i got to have a piccy & hug (he he he im so cheesy) with him... absolutely rushed my tits off to rock u softly... madness, actually loved hearing the rmx of pretty green eyes (played @ least twice... zzzzz) which i hated b4 but, of course, caught up in the mo & all... lol, apologies to who ever it was who left me their crutches by the dogems... i jus remember realisin a few hrs later that id forgotten to giv em bk.. he he hope ur leg was ok! :-) so, any more of u hav gud nite there? come on, call yrself ravers!!!

Spine Tingling Sensations To Leave Your Mind Numb...

Ka*

http://www.geocities.com/hardcore_lyrics

Kaitei Hoe

Alert moderator Go to top of page
rezzna

United Kingdom
283 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  10:52:53  Show profile  Send a private message
i thought it was absolutely ****ing mental! best rave i been to yet. HELTER SKELTER, YOU WANNA GIT HUMAN TRAFFIC DOWN THE FUKKIN SANCTUARY IT'LL SELL OUT EVRY TIME!!!! it was boiling hot, upstairs was far too inadequate for much of the night, no chillout room, ppl crashing out by 2 o'clock, and a new remix of you're shining that was playted bout 50 times even though it is CACK compared to the orig. an scott b's versions. but despite all that, it had a certain something that just made it unbelievable. the vibe was absolutely amazing, drinking water was readily available all night, the dj's were immense (even andy farley was good!) and it has completely made me realise just how good raving can get. the main bonus i found wasthat the sanctuary is actually a venue, unlike fastrack at slammin', which is jus a hollowed out warehouse. i thought the sanctuary, while the roof decor wasn't quite as good, and i am sure it was far smaller than when its got slammin' d'n'b there, is a wikid venue, mebbe a few more quid spent on air con. would make all the difference tho eh?

also had a storming after party, which made things even better

now i probly gna hafta wait til april 5th for SV cuz im skint/travelless till my next event, which really duz suck, cuz i jus want to get more fukked and get rocking

i hope someone takes the initiative and makes this regular, the sanctuary is a fantastic venue that is accessible to the majority of people, and hardcore needs good events (i.e LARGE HARDCORE EVENTS, NOT HC/D'N'B/OLDSKOOL/HOUSE/GARAGE/CATFLAP/PISSFLAP EVENTS)

still didnt go on the dodgems tho, must try that sum time!

big up the little white haired fat man with a walking stick hu seemed t melt out from the wall to tell me an sum utha lad that the drinking fountain spouts wernt to be twiststed, we were to use the taps for bottle-filling, as the floor was getting wet, and the taps were runnign from the same water supply, then scuttle into the room and never be seen again........eerie

radiokate
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  11:26:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit radiokate's homepage
he he he i had a toilet experience too, as i do every time im @ the sanctuary... standing there @ the fountain for aaaages tryna figure out the mystery of how the hell other ppl can make water come out of it (this basically represents Kate passing mashed phase into fantasy world phase) until someone comes up & does it for me... nice friendly people :-)

Ka*

Kaitei Hoe

rezzna

United Kingdom
283 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  13:00:18  Show profile  Send a private message
i did that actually, spent bout 5 minits trying t push the actual tap..d'oh

easy_tiger07
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  13:10:44  Show profile  Send a private message
That crazy lad with the stick was walking round unblocking the toilets at one point, but he told a whole bunch of us that he owned the building. I don't think he was mashed up or anything but he cetainly was a few tracks short of the full mix, if you know what I mean!

A.C.Tait

DOS2002SV
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  13:39:29  Show profile  Send a private message
Ure right that woz a blindin night it woz one of the best raves i've been 2
i woz a bit pissed that there woz no chill out coz it got a bit chilly wen it started rainin

i think i got some good pictures for my collection but will ahve to wait till payday to get developed coz that night rinced my cash

ive heard some things bout some people gettin mugged does n e 1 know n e thing bout this coz that is just bang out of order

but to sum up i had the best time being of my pickle an feelin the music

when i die im goin to hardcore heaven

rezzna

United Kingdom
283 posts
Posted - 2003/02/10 :  23:05:47  Show profile  Send a private message
well one mate of mine got pickpocketed in tha queue, one dropped his phone which got took, an anutha got his wallet pinched dancing on the side platform.

which was well ****ing out of order

radiokate
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 posts
Posted - 2003/02/11 :  01:04:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit radiokate's homepage
yep theres one of them type people in the ladies too... she gives out deoderant & hugs lot of the girls & mops up the floor... lol, i want that job! althou i guess itd b quite crap sittin in the bogs all thru every rave! yep, supposedly a lot of ppl got mugged.. and on one of the block ups at the back exit a guy told me he thought someone had been shot... but hopefully he was jus trippin! bit of a mad night but it was gud.. hardly any of the usual attitude seen at D&B events.

Ka*

Kaitei Hoe

radiokate
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 posts
Posted - 2003/02/11 :  01:05:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit radiokate's homepage
oooh ye, jus remembered, with reguards to yr 1st post easy tiger - yep theres a SV weekender on in the summer as far as iv heared - cant wait man! where du think it'll be.. i was thinkin somewhere like pontins or butlins...??

Ka*

Kaitei Hoe

rezzna

United Kingdom
283 posts
Posted - 2003/02/11 :  01:24:34  Show profile  Send a private message
wit the stealing an stuff, i think thas bound t happen wen u got a room packed wit so many people that ent really working 100% mentally,

an the weekender, sure its in august, i had a flyer for it, but cant find it, which sucks ass, an it's probably in a big field, with cow shite on out nice bright yellow jackets...

easy_tiger07
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2003/02/11 :  02:56:37  Show profile  Send a private message
I don't care where, when or what it is if its anything like that HH event I am goin' to be there and i'm bring the whole of the south-west's Hardcore army with me!!!!!!

A.C.Tait

DJ_ViCIOUS
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
DJ_ViCIOUS has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/02/15 :  08:02:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_ViCIOUS's homepage
hell yeah what a night!!!

Just wish i got Tammy's number though.... :(

Jace.

l---------------------------------------l
l Get More ****ed and Get Rockin' l
l---------------------------------------l

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/02/15 :  08:12:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rezzna:
well one mate of mine got pickpocketed in tha queue, one dropped his phone which got took, an anutha got his wallet pinched dancing on the side platform.

which was well ****ing out of order

I heard somebody else talkin about a guy who dropped his phone and some1
grabbed it off the floor.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

radiokate
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  03:01:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit radiokate's homepage
ye actually im sure i got a flyer for that somewhere, ill go see if i can spy it out now,..

Ka*

Kaitei Hoe

prichy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2003/04/17 :  23:02:00  Show profile  Send a private message
WERE DO U BUY THE VIDEO TAPE?

Edited by - prichy on 2003/04/17 23:03:04

New EventPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page