Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

Ultrasonic VS Dyewitness

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djcypher

Australia
31 posts
Posted - 2002/12/04 :  13:26:32  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djcypher's homepage
I know these guys arnt around ne more but there there were some of the forefather of happy hardcore personly i think Dyewitness but ultrasonc have some wicked tracks!

dj cypher

Alert moderator
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/12/04 :  14:10:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Both groups had some awesome releases - despite all the over-play "Masterplan" still rates as one of my favourite songs. I guess with fewer and fewer DJ's spinning Ultrasonic nowadays (where I am at least) I'm starting to miss their sound ... I'll probably end up buying their albums eventually.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/12/04 :  16:18:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
ultrasonic was never really happyhardcore, they were just 'rave' music (going by what they call themselves :P)

dyewitness was never really hhc either, however master plan was and it was a classic! so they win =P

and news for aussies, i dont know how this is going to work but ive got word from some promoters...

live set, ultrasonic vs public domain...early to mid next year

dont know how credible that source is tho

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/04 :  16:26:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by saintberry:
ultrasonic was never really happyhardcore, they were just 'rave' music (going by what they call themselves :P)

I listen to Tic Toc and I can't imagine it being anything but HHC, regardless of what they called it. I'd agree though that their tracks worked so much better as rave music than as 'listening' music.

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/12/04 :  20:05:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
I got a email saying that ultrasonic/ public domain are touring next year. Its hard to chose between ultrasonic and dyewitness, but, since I've seen ultrasonic four times now and haven't seen dyewitness, I have to say ultrasonic. They not only do mad happy tracks, but, belt out some awesome hip hop.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

djcypher

Australia
31 posts
Posted - 2002/12/04 :  20:41:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djcypher's homepage
They both have some exellent tracks,
Ultrasonic, GLOBAL TEKNO, that whole cd rocked
Dyewitness, the MASTERPLAN and THE FUTRE are two of my alltime favroutes!
but id have to say dyewitness!
how tru is the ultrasonic VS public domian?

dj cypher

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/12/05 :  03:10:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
yeh, both have some awesome tracks, but Masterplan, is one of greatest tracks ... i was a little disappointed with the *radio edit* of Masterplan as the *one more* at Hyperspeed

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!

kateybabey

United Kingdom
42 posts
kateybabey has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/12/09 :  07:12:31  Show profile  Send a private message
Hi there, you are all talking as if Ultrasonic and Dye witness are no longer gigging, but I know for a fact that they are.
I saw Ultrasonic live 2 months ago (ago Mallorca Lee is no longer with them, he is now working with Public Domain, and his djing under his own name, has his own night in glasgow, and has reular appearances in the metro in saltcoats)
Also Dye witness, performed live on 30 th November at Glasgows barrowlands.
I also had the pleasur of seeing QFX, N Joi, Bassy G, Billy Reid, Tom Wilson to name a few at dance nation, u all missed yourselfs it was a great nite!!! despite the fact it wasnt busy. Make sure u get to the next gig by Jings promotions, a name to look out for in the future!

if u require any more info on scottish happy hardcore acts and events either email me at [email protected] or log onto www.tomdj.co.uk where I am one of the moderators

see u soon!

katey xxx

ouch

Australia
27 posts
Posted - 2002/12/16 :  07:59:57  Show profile  Send a private message
Dyewitness win, masterplan and the future are classics

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/16 :  14:12:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
So are Annihilating Rhythm, Tic Toc, 1234 ...

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/12/16 :  20:46:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kateybabey:
Hi there, you are all talking as if Ultrasonic and Dye witness are no longer gigging, but I know for a fact that they are.
I saw Ultrasonic live 2 months ago (ago Mallorca Lee is no longer with them, he is now working with Public Domain, and his djing under his own name, has his own night in glasgow, and has reular appearances in the metro in saltcoats)
Also Dye witness, performed live on 30 th November at Glasgows barrowlands.
I also had the pleasur of seeing QFX, N Joi, Bassy G, Billy Reid, Tom Wilson to name a few at dance nation, u all missed yourselfs it was a great nite!!! despite the fact it wasnt busy. Make sure u get to the next gig by Jings promotions, a name to look out for in the future!

if u require any more info on scottish happy hardcore acts and events either email me at [email protected] or log onto www.tomdj.co.uk where I am one of the moderators

see u soon!

katey xxx

beat scott brown, brisk, sharky, kevin energy, marc smith and storm all at one rave.. now that was lucky enough

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D

kingklade
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2005/05/27 :  23:54:26  Show profile  Send a private message
whats with all the main stream names what about the classics like TRS, DOD, BASSX, RUFFNECKS,MIKEYB, CHILL FM, BONZAI, HUMAN RESOURCE, LENNY DEE, ULTIMATE BUZZ AND CHARLY & MENTO THEO they were the classics still playing today at most of the gigs i get away with it long live the source crew

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page