Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

32bar demo

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/06/21 :  20:55:58  Show profile Send a private message
http://soundcloud.com/electo_kinsey/rough-sample/s-yKhYq
Made this up today. Just windering how it sounds to you.
Its a mix of anfew things i been researching with a bit of my own ideas.

Alert moderator
electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  06:56:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage
Is it any good?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  11:26:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
What do you think?

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  11:31:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
Yes, it's good.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  13:19:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
What do you think?

I think it sounds ok but after 12 hours everythig sounds good.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  13:21:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Yes, it's good.

How is jt in terms of space and width etc.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  13:56:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage
First time sidechaining and i sidechained comp, gate and eq. Also started employing gain staging and read up on sound physics and how we percieve sound. Also illusions.
I actually bever got it till i did this. A sound that hits at 300hz is a 300hz sound and layer that with another sound that is say 450hz. I even made a one sound synth 1 osc and set it to 4 and 7 semis above the key i was using and eq it for the frequency in a layer. Technically it a chord but ibwas using it for frequencies only or harmonixs whatever its called lol.

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,996 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  14:00:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
I don't know how far you've gone with the track since you first posted it but I would suggest you work out a full sequence/arrangement before working on mixdown aspects such as space and width.

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  15:33:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
I don't know how far you've gone with the track since you first posted it but I would suggest you work out a full sequence/arrangement before working on mixdown aspects such as space and width.

I agree. The mixdown is pretty insignificant if the music isn't first good.

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  16:42:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage
quote:
quote:

I do agree. It was something ibwas experimenting with "sidechaining" that sample is as much as i have done. Thought id post it to see if you all agreed that it is an improvement. But i can see hard2get u dont like it lol.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  16:44:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by electrogen:
quote:
quote:

I do agree. It was something ibwas experimenting with "sidechaining" that sample is as much as i have done. Thought id post it to see if you all agreed that it is an improvement. But i can see hard2get u dont like it lol.

I don't like that style of Hardcore so i don't have an opinion lol.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2013/07/01 16:45:59
electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/07/01 :  16:56:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't like that style of Hardcore so i don't have an opinion lol.

I must admit i dont either but it is starting to grow on me. I like high noises like pianos and violins and sax and strings. But the bass in dubcore is huge and brill at the same time. Anyway regardless of the style it was just experimenting. I posted it for an opinion production wise. To me it sounds tight and elements are right but not too sure on the clarity.

hellonpluto

United Kingdom
23 posts
Posted - 2013/07/09 :  13:29:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit hellonpluto's homepage
the first 3/4 are good i dont like the last 1/4

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/07/12 :  12:10:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
quote:
First time sidechaining and i sidechained comp, gate and eq. Also started employing gain staging and read up on sound physics and how we percieve sound. Also illusions.
I actually bever got it till i did this. A sound that hits at 300hz is a 300hz sound and layer that with another sound that is say 450hz. I even made a one sound synth 1 osc and set it to 4 and 7 semis above the key i was using and eq it for the frequency in a layer. Technically it a chord but ibwas using it for frequencies only or harmonixs whatever its called lol.

Here's my honest opinion:

The mix is loud and clear. However, it felt quite flat and lifeless too. The kick is not gelling with the other elements and it's sounded like the kick is playing from another track mixing into the lead, bass and other elements.

There's something about over-sidechaining that will render your mix sounding flat (like overcompression). Try not to use sidechaining all over your mix when it's not needed. It is usually used as a fix to your mix when there are many elements playing at the same time and fighting for space, then you apply sidechain compression to "duck" the problematic element for the other sounds to be audible in your track.

Another cool tip is if you're using sidechaining for the "pumping" effect on your lead or bass, try to use a pretty low threshold, fast attack and release on the lead or bass receiving sidechain input from your kick. You can adjust the ratio to taste.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page