of 8

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/11/03 :  02:22:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
yea. A mountain of molehill worth $92 when I just wanted one for $15 :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2012/11/03 :  02:44:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
yea. A mountain of molehill worth $92 when I just wanted one for $15 :P

There's a price to exclusivity. The label doesn't owe you anything...

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/11/03 :  03:14:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I know he owns the label. I know he can do whatever he wants. I know he could cancel my order if I ever make one.

Anyways. I will ask Luna C personally instead so I can please you 2 moral dicks by keeping myself of this thread. Have I won any brownie points yet, except the one I have in my pants atm?

<--- PS Off-topic. There's a reason why I have Deadpool as avatar :P

Edited by - Samination on 2012/11/03 03:38:02
Empyreal

Germany
77 posts
Posted - 2012/11/03 :  11:18:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Empyreal's homepage  Reply with quote
As far as I know Luna-C plans
1. to sell two of the CDs without the collector's stuff
2. to sell the Jimni Cricket mixe with all remixes via iTunes.
3. to release some of the remixes separately via iTunes.

http://www.soundcloud.com/mopp-B

Luna-C
Average Member

United Kingdom
222 posts
Luna-C is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2012/11/03 :  14:15:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Luna-C's homepage  Reply with quote
There will be a 4 or 5 track EP with a few of the remixes as an MP3 release - I have said that from the very beginning. And Brisks remix is likely to be on it, but I haven't the final track listing for that yet. It will probably go up in December. So 4 or 5 of the 27 remixes will be available, the rest completely exclusive.

Jimni's mix CD & my Mirror Mix CD will be released separately as well.

I understand if someone doesn't want to spend the $92 - but this was a set done for the fans, not the casual buyer.

I mean, the DVD contains all the samples to all the tracks featured, as well as the midi file for Piano Progression and other tracks etc etc. There are 5 podcasts talking about the music that inspired me and the label....Basically, there are a lot of things that trainspotters and hardcore fans will love more than life itself, and everyone else will not give a shit about lol.

Thats why its a limited edition box set, not a normal release.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,193 posts
Captain Triceps has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/11/03 :  18:17:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Smoogie, what's the importance of the fade out on dougals bonkers 4 mix? Is there a thread about it or something?

It's the second to last track on the mix - he doesn't mix into the final track, he simply fades this one out and starts the last track. Didn't realise it was such a big deal (as it probably isn't.)

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2012/11/03 :  21:05:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Smoogie, what's the importance of the fade out on dougals bonkers 4 mix? Is there a thread about it or something?

It's the second to last track on the mix - he doesn't mix into the final track, he simply fades this one out and starts the last track. Didn't realise it was such a big deal (as it probably isn't.)

I think its actually a pretty effective way to end the mix (and because its the 3rd CD, the whole album). If all the tracks leading up to it were the main movie, The Universe would be the song that plays over the credits. Helps that the tune itself has a really great "ending" mood to it.

(Also, I dont have the NEP24 vinyl, but I have a feeling The Universe/You Make Me Free dosent have a DJ friendly intro to it either)

Edited by - MaidenV on 2012/11/03 21:09:55
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,193 posts
Posted - 2012/11/04 :  11:47:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
quote:
quote:

I think its actually a pretty effective way to end the mix (and because its the 3rd CD, the whole album). If all the tracks leading up to it were the main movie, The Universe would be the song that plays over the credits. Helps that the tune itself has a really great "ending" mood to it.

(Also, I dont have the NEP24 vinyl, but I have a feeling The Universe/You Make Me Free dosent have a DJ friendly intro to it either)

I have the vinyl, and if I remember correctly, neither of the tracks have particularly DJ friendly intros. I'm not gonna dig it out at the minute just to check though!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,193 posts
Posted - 2012/11/04 :  11:53:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MaidenV:
quote:
quote:

I have the vinyl, and if I remember correctly, neither of the tracks have particularly DJ friendly intros. I'm not gonna dig it out at the minute just to check though!

Curiosity got the better of me, and the vinyl I was thinking of is actually NEP024 - Innovate - You Make Me Free and Talking About Love. Has it a different name?

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,193 posts
Posted - 2012/11/04 :  11:59:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Ha, I just Youtubed it and it was your video, MaidenV!

(Apologies to everyone coming here to read about Kniteforce 20th Anniversary )

MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2012/11/04 :  20:26:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah on the Bonkers album its called The Universe. For a while, I actually thought it was unreleased until I noticed there was an Innovate release called You Make Me Free, which just so happens to be a prominent lyric from The Universe, so I put 2 and 2 together.

Also hahaha nice one Captain_Triceps! I'm guessing that was mix 12 where I used The Sun Has Set Me Free by Jonno Innovate

(I'm probably not gonna get my Don't Die Wondering box set now for derailing this thread so much )

Edited by - MaidenV on 2012/11/04 20:28:31
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,218 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/11/04 :  21:13:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna-C:
There will be a 4 or 5 track EP with a few of the remixes as an MP3 release - I have said that from the very beginning. And Brisks remix is likely to be on it, but I haven't the final track listing for that yet. It will probably go up in December. So 4 or 5 of the 27 remixes will be available, the rest completely exclusive.

Jimni's mix CD & my Mirror Mix CD will be released separately as well.

I understand if someone doesn't want to spend the $92 - but this was a set done for the fans, not the casual buyer.

I mean, the DVD contains all the samples to all the tracks featured, as well as the midi file for Piano Progression and other tracks etc etc. There are 5 podcasts talking about the music that inspired me and the label....Basically, there are a lot of things that trainspotters and hardcore fans will love more than life itself, and everyone else will not give a shit about lol.

Thats why its a limited edition box set, not a normal release.

Nice 1! think i'll def be ordering the 2 cds when they come out since i missed out on the boxset

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/11/04 :  23:17:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
well I'm still disgrunted that I'm not a big fan (or producer, cause what would a regular fan do with MIDI tracks?) enough and being lobed of as a regular buyer. Yea no wonder Hardcore isn't larger than it is.

Anyways. I will still buy the tracks I liked that'll appear on the EP. I am glad that the Brisk track in question will appear on one of them, but one of the other tracks I might've liked wont, and because I didn't drop 92 cents for wishwash I will probably never hear them again.

And just shut up labeling me a troll. Do you think it's fun being called "not a fan" because I didn't want to shell out $92?

Josephson_Junction
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
Posted - 2012/11/05 :  03:14:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Josephson_Junction's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
well I'm still disgrunted that I'm not a big fan enough and being lobed of as a regular buyer. Yea no wonder Hardcore isn't larger than it is.

The album isn't exactly aimed at the average buyer. Also, by your logic, other things such as this and Thumpa's limited release albums erode the size of the genre as well. Bear in mind that it is what it is, and people can do what they wish. It's still a contribution to the scene.

quote:
(or producer, cause what would a regular fan do with MIDI tracks?)

Why are you complaining about this? They're there because they could be there. It's a bonus for those who do produce, and possibly those who are considering getting into producing.

quote:
And just shut up labeling me a troll. Do you think it's fun being called "not a fan" because I didn't want to shell out $92?

Admittedly I didn't shell out $92 for it either as my budget is very tight (a decision I'll probably regret in the future!). Nonetheless it is Luna-C's project and you need to respect that; he's doing this for the love of what he's doing. I'm not labeling you as a troll (I used to be in the same frame of mind) but I think you need to be more respectful.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/11/05 :  13:17:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
quote:
well I'm still disgrunted that I'm not a big fan enough and being lobed of as a regular buyer. Yea no wonder Hardcore isn't larger than it is.

The album isn't exactly aimed at the average buyer. Also, by your logic, other things such as this and Thumpa's limited release albums erode the size of the genre as well. Bear in mind that it is what it is, and people can do what they wish. It's still a contribution to the scene.

Thumpa sells only CD's, which makes a bigger difference in costs. But ofcourse, with the less costs Thumpa can press more copies. Also, that memory stick is still for sale.

quote:
quote:
(or producer, cause what would a regular fan do with MIDI tracks?)

Why are you complaining about this? They're there because they could be there. It's a bonus for those who do produce, and possibly those who are considering getting into producing.

Maybe, but not everyone (fan or not) wants to produce.

quote:
quote:

Admittedly I didn't shell out $92 for it either as my budget is very tight (a decision I'll probably regret in the future!). Nonetheless it is Luna-C's project and you need to respect that; he's doing this for the love of what he's doing. I'm not labeling you as a troll (I used to be in the same frame of mind) but I think you need to be more respectful.

Well, atleast you didnt bash my head in :P
Okay okay, so no one really called me a troll (latin was very close though), or bash my head into a wall or something. But even sounding like a big twat I am (smoogie I am looking at you), I AM a fan of Hardcore music (most of the spectrum atleast). I might not have liked Kniteforce as a whole as I never really liked Hardcore from the early 90's (1990-1996), or the more 'breakbeaty' stuff. But f* me that remix CD had actually a fair amount of tracks I liked.
I contribute to the scene by buying the music (I like). I buy try to music from lesser artist and donate to labels.

But I've always hated this exclusiveness crap.

TL;DR? Read this instead...

... And really I didn't try to disrespect Luna-C. He has been in the music scene longer than most. He's a sound guy, who understands why people might pirate (or in what era we live in, but again, some pirates are idiots), and gave out almost all of his label out for free downloads. I'm not really trying to score a hate relation (I already got Thumpa for that :D), but seeing those really heated arguments that appeared on both here and on USH, I always seem to get on the lower end of the stick for being slightly more negative than others. Atleast I don't try to attack people with namedroppings or threats.

Edited by - Samination on 2012/11/05 13:27:47

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page