Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Hardcore samples, template etc.

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Starstruck has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/07/16 :  01:23:58  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
Hey all, hope you've been well,

Many of you may not know of the name "Starstruck", and it's subsequent involvement in the Hardcore scene, so I'll quickly summarize for those. If you do know the name, or don't give a shit, skip to the paragraph below. I started producing around 2005-2006 at the age of 12-13, and started producing Hardcore (among other genres) in 2006-2007. I eventually initiated a self-managed Hardcore record label, almost solely consisting of material produced by Australian producers. The name of the label was Australia With Force, coalescing at the start of 2009, after lots, and lots of planning. It ended up being far more successful financially and achieved far more recognition than i thought. It ran until the very end of 2010, consisting of 50 releases. [[ http://www.discogs.com/label/Australia%20With%20Force ]] Around this time i also stopped making Hardcore and started upon various other projects.

When i loaded up my old hard drive to back up new samples etc. i came across a lot of Hardcore based things, like Lead/FX/Bass/etc patches i made in Sylenth1, z3ta etc. as well as my own percussion samples, including some of which never ended up getting used because they were designed near the very end of 2010, or were used on only 1 or 2 tracks, like Summer of Love .. which i uploaded for free download here, http://www.sendspace.com/file/7jiziu

(I hated to use templates, and very rare if ever used any).. Seems kind of pointless to just let it collect dust there. They'd be very helpful for others learning to make Hardcore etc. i think, so if there's enough interest generated here, I'll organize and upload it all, everything from clean percussion samples, basses, leads all that stuff, a lot of which , as mentioned , didn't get the chance of being used. For free of course, ;). I think there are also a few templates too, with assigned mixer inserts for everything, compression settings, EQ settings, browser markers etc.. It'd all be in an old version of FL Studio though, with non-conventional FX plugins, but I'm sure i could get it up to speed in a very user-friendly way.

James
[email protected]

Alert moderator
D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,144 posts
Posted - 2012/07/16 :  03:56:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
Dude, I'd love that. It would be very useful to also see how you synth'd everything to try and replicate that. Your Hardcore sound was top-notch.

I'd love it if you did upload it. :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
scottyd2k9
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
749 posts
Posted - 2012/07/16 :  13:48:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit scottyd2k9's homepage
That would be amazing. I need some new percussion samples + i would like to see how you did your mixdowns. Mixdowns are the trouble i have with completeing a track.

Im allright with sound design so i dont need no presets or anything but something to help me learn how to EQ or learn other things such as Compression would be great...

Thanks

DJseaking
Average Member

Canada
242 posts
Posted - 2012/07/16 :  14:08:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJseaking's homepage
I agree with D-tor, reverse engineering everything would be fun

brenergy

Canada
105 posts
Posted - 2012/07/16 :  19:15:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brenergy's homepage
id be very much interested in your proposed sample pack (and hey, im sure those old FL Studio files will work to some degree in the newer versions.. may need to do some tweaking though)

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/07/16 :  19:36:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
sounds good to me mr starstruck :D

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/08/01 :  21:25:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Sounds great. Please do

DominickDJ
Starting Member

Canada
2 posts
Posted - 2012/08/03 :  04:30:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DominickDJ's homepage
Yo Mr Pooper it's Dom from facebook... whats the best way to contact you lol long time since we chattedb

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Starstruck has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/09/18 :  05:51:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
Hey peeps, sorry i forgot to post

Had a look thru my hard drive a little while ago and i'm still trying to find alot of the WAV samples etc. because for some bizarre reason they've lost their filenames, ill find them all eventually though.

I did manage to get hold of some of the patches though, I've got some ones i did in Massive, and there will be others as well (Sylenth1), do any of you have Massive (new version with .nmsv format)? Send me an email to [email protected] and i can send them over and will send more once i get them all together ;)

Edited by - Starstruck on 2012/09/18 05:51:50

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page