Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

what use think of this??

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2012/03/11 :  00:07:04  Show profile Send a private message
http://soundcloud.com/tony-tony-g-gilmour/tony-g-serious-shit

New track from me, let me know what use think, feedback would be appriciated cheers :D

Alert moderator
JwH
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2012/03/11 :  01:07:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JwH's homepage
Your bass is far to weak. It sounds as if your lead is panned to the left a little in the mid section.

You should pan your percussion and give space for your synths to breathe.

Good effort :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2012/03/11 :  01:27:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
kool, how do u think i could make my bass stronger?? yeh my lead is panned out, tryed to make it sound wider glad it worked haha will fix that bud, cheers for the feedback mate appriciated!!!!

Karthy

United Kingdom
337 posts
Posted - 2012/03/11 :  13:26:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Karthy's homepage
Usually... the easiest way to make a bass stronger is by layering it, put several different basses over the top of each other, all playing at the same time. Then eq them so they don't eat each other.

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2012/03/11 :  22:47:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
kool thanks, r u meanin eq each bass seperatly?? I used 2 basses is that enough?? both were made my self 1 with v-station the other with sylenth, the 1 with sylenth is the with the rolling effect, do u think the sounds themselves arnt big enough(i.e sumthing i could do within the synithezer to make it more dominant?) Thank u for replying really appriciate it, i dont have that many freinds who play the decks never mind producing to get feedback so anything use tell me is a great help, thanks again :D

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/03/18 :  10:48:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage
Yeah it's all sounding good but as most said the bass needs a bit more humf. In the intro it sounds like your kick as a bit too much high end, can hear it - tinny background sound. Unless that's just compression when it's been put on soundcloud. Love the melody too, nice and fast :)

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2012/03/18 :  17:48:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
It probaly will have phobz il have a listen again Ive definatly had it in other tracks ive done, im jus startin to learn bout EQ and using fruity free filter to filter out unwanted frequencies. How do u get around that it?? Its all a bit much for my peanut of a brain but like anythin itll only get easier, Gotta get that bass sorted aswell. thanks for replyin :)

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/03/18 :  20:01:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage
It's nothing major mate as you can only hear it in the first 8 bar section then it's drowned out but it may cause a little interference with other sounds if it is there I would of thought - plus i'm wearing headphones (which might make it easier for me to hear). Even if you just clipped the kick, load it up into a sound editor and give it a little envelope fade out at the end section it would probably fix it. If you send your kick to a free fx channel and use fruity parametric eq just bring down the most right hand side sliders until you hear the difference. That should do it.

http://howtomakeelectronicmusic.com/simple-eq-tip-to-make-your-drums-sound-better this may help mate.

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2012/03/26 :  20:47:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
cheerz phobz big help :) dun that and got it re posted with sum other alterations aswell

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page