Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Cd DJ in a box

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Tastetherainobw

United States
105 posts
Posted - 2012/02/02 :  14:00:07  Show profile Send a private message
What do you guys of this.....
http://www.numark.com/product/cddjinabox
Im pretty broke right now and this is looking like what i need to start using cds instead if using my computer.

Alert moderator
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/02/02 :  14:05:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
never used them myself, but if they're cheap they might be a good place to start - see if CDjing is somthing you want to progress with :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/02/02 :  18:41:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
I wanted one of those as well, but as far as I know they don't sell them anymore.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Kayin

United States
52 posts
Posted - 2012/02/02 :  20:44:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kayin's homepage
Oh man these hehe. I've never personally used the cdjs, but I don't hear too many good things about em. The mixer is my old one and I love that thing, but as for the cdjs....meh. if you want a suggestion try the gemini cdj 200s. I have them, about a yea old, and good. There's issues here and there about em but for the most part, they're great. Roughly $150 each. I'm not sure about your income but I was able to afford em flippin burgers hehe

W: Well it's clearly no match for Jonathan Ross.
J: Well that's interesting because I f*cked your mom.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/02/02 :  22:36:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kayin:
Roughly $150 each. I'm not sure about your income but I was able to afford em flippin burgers hehe

yeah but when u pay other things like a mortgage, gas bill, water bill, electric bill, council tax, road tax, weekly food shop, petrol, tv licence n other shit i cant remember right now some people like me may struggle to afford 150.

Tastetherainobw

United States
105 posts
Posted - 2012/02/03 :  12:51:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tastetherainobw's homepage
Broke High School kid..... I have a Numark Mixtrack now but I want something so i dont have to be using my computer screen while i mix at events.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2012/02/03 :  13:17:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
yeah but when u pay other things like a mortgage, gas bill, water bill, electric bill, council tax, road tax, weekly food shop, petrol, tv licence n other shit i cant remember right now some people like me may struggle to afford 150.

If it wasn't for these damn things I'd be rich. :P

Tastetherainobw

United States
105 posts
Posted - 2012/02/03 :  13:23:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tastetherainobw's homepage
quote:
Oh man these hehe. I've never personally used the cdjs, but I don't hear too many good things about em. The mixer is my old one and I love that thing, but as for the cdjs....meh. if you want a suggestion try the gemini cdj 200s. I have them, about a yea old, and good. There's issues here and there about em but for the most part, they're great. Roughly $150 each. I'm not sure about your income but I was able to afford em flippin burgers hehe

If I had the money i would be all over that.

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2012/02/03 :  17:39:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
I think the numark axis 9's r good value for money, Id check out gumtree if u dont mind buyin stuff 2nd hand, its a great way to get value for ur money, I jus try buy stuff near new and im laughin, bought my cdjs, mixer, computer all 2nd hand and got double the quality stuff for the same price as lower brand new.

Kayin

United States
52 posts
Posted - 2012/02/03 :  19:03:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kayin's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
Roughly $150 each. I'm not sure about your income but I was able to afford em flippin burgers hehe

Only a suggestion though. I don't have as much bills, but I do have em and I just saved until I had enough spare money to get em. Trust me, it was about 8 to 9 months when I started before I even came close to getting CDJs. Basically what I'm saying is how would you feel if you spent $120 on the CDJ-in-a-box only to see one or both CDJs break after a very short period of time? Unless you know someone who can fix em. When you're buying your first gear, you want to buy something sturdy, not always something cheap.

Here's a better alternative: Go on ebay, craigslist, or any other similar places and look for used equipment. If you're like me, you love things that are shinny and new, but if its used and is still in perfect condition, you know it'll last a long time. Plus, sometimes auctioneers will sell really HQ expensive gear for a small bit of money. I got my Stanton direct turntable from someone who just wanted to get rid of it for $10. Works wonderfully for scratching. So I'm just saying, you should find something sturdy first, cheap last. You'll obviously have to save for em, but when you get em, it just gives you more an incentive to be the best you can be as a DJ.

W: Well it's clearly no match for Jonathan Ross.
J: Well that's interesting because I f*cked your mom.

Tastetherainobw

United States
105 posts
Posted - 2012/02/06 :  12:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tastetherainobw's homepage
How do you guys think of denons?

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page