Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Good cheaper pair of headphones?

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  03:49:08  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
I'm looking for a good cheap pair of headphones, under $150 (Thats about 100 quid I think)

Higher quality, I'd buy something off amazon that looks good but I figured with all the Pros on here I'd ask for your opinion.

I'm planning on using them non-professionally, but for mixing and producing just for fun.

Any reccomendations?

I'd have searched the forums here but I got about 200 results :/

Thanks.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Alert moderator

Edited by - Dys7 on 2011/12/15 03:49:41
Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  04:22:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
check out sony mdr-v500 's. they are pretty old and classic now, but fit into your price range and are good value for the money.

i have them, they're black and smaller than than the silver 700 counterpart. above average sound quality, maybe the 700s are better, but you can't wear those ridiculous things out of the house without looking like a fool.

i've had mine for like 2+ years, still going strong. they fold up nicely, they are black, and have rubber in all the right places.

great for DJing, great for wearing when you're out and about if you're daring enough to use something besides ipod earbuds.

you could spend more money, but why? those are my two cents.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  04:53:29  Show profile  Send a private message
technic/panasonic rpdj1200

you can put them on your head and shake your head pretty violently before they will fall off

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  04:57:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
technic/panasonic rpdj1200

you can put them on your head and shake your head pretty violently before they will fall off

Above $150, can't

---

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  05:08:45  Show profile  Send a private message
try again =P

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Technics-RP-DJ1200A-Foldable-Headphones/dp/B00009V2OV/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323925698&sr=1-2-fkmr0

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  05:10:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
Any other reccomendations? Thank you btw Brian and Vitalism, I'll take a second look at the first headphones. Maybe see if the second come cheaper. What makes the second pair good besides what you listed? Im really looking for sound quality not how well they stay on my head :P

---

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  06:39:57  Show profile  Send a private message
they are very lightweight and the sound on them is pretty damn good. not bass heavy like some I've listened too.

I've worn them for a couple hours at a time and I've never had any issues with the cups irritating my ears.

they are also recommend by mr audio warfare

Edited by - Brian K on 2011/12/15 06:40:24
jimmyhypa

United Kingdom
360 posts
jimmyhypa has attended 1 event
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  09:50:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimmyhypa's homepage
Sennheiser HD 25-SP II -

you can pick these up for about 100, very reliable, last for ages, more importantly very good sound :D

Facebook

Twitter

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/12/15 :  19:19:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
check out sony mdr-v500 's. they are pretty old and classic now, but fit into your price range and are good value for the money.

I love the Sony ones as well. I don't know if the MDR V300 are good enogh for djing, but I am very happy with them, when I listen to music.
Price over here should be around 60 EUR.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2011/12/16 :  08:34:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:

i have them, they're black and smaller than than the silver 700 counterpart. above average sound quality, maybe the 700s are better, but you can't wear those ridiculous things out of the house without looking like a fool.

i've had mine for like 2+ years, still going strong. they fold up nicely, they are black, and have rubber in all the right places.

great for DJing, great for wearing when you're out and about if you're daring enough to use something besides ipod earbuds.

you could spend more money, but why? those are my two cents.

Word, I have been tanning my mdr-v500s for about two years as well. The only thing I would say is that they are a bit lacking in terms of the lower frequencies.
Other than that, they're pretty good headphones.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page