Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Annoying clicking sound

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
llamawrangler

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2011/12/10 :  19:48:38  Show profile Send a private message
Hi, I'm using zeta2+ in fl studio and everything is going swimmingly, except the fact that one of the synths starts with an annoying clicking sound. It sounds kind of like a metronome (though the metronome isn't on, in case you think I'm just being very stupid).The clicking sound doesn't appear on any other sound, so I'm assuming it is just a result of poor craftsmanship. I want to keep the synth as it fits the song best, but the clicking sound gives me a headache. Any idea on how to remove it?

Notes: the clicking sound starts at the exact beginning of the synth, and doesn't repeat at all if I lengthen the synth. Turning the attack dial removes the click sound, at the cost of making the synth way too slow.
For those with zeta 2+, it is one of the included synths, located at
Factory Content-Bass 1-HardDance DMS

Alert moderator
tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2011/12/10 :  21:25:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
I'm not sure how to fix the clicking mate, but have u tryed to export the song. I had a similar kinda problem but once exported was gone. I know ur saying its annoying but It mite not affect the overall outcome. Il put up a link ina sec to sumthin that mite help u

Alert moderator Go to top of page
tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2011/12/10 :  21:27:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=56557

probably not relative but hopfully sumthing in there will help

SpiritWolf
Average Member

United States
237 posts
Posted - 2011/12/10 :  21:32:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SpiritWolf's homepage
I've had this problem before, and now I'm forgetting the solution. When I get home from school I'll check it out. It has something to do with the waveforms if I remember correctly.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2011/12/10 :  21:46:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
I don't have this problem, but I do have another problem! Sometimes when I open the preset list it automatically selects a preset, and can do that several times in a row! Very annoying.

Also, sometimes it bugs out on me and only plays the sound from one channel...

My SOUNDCLOUD

llamawrangler

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2011/12/11 :  04:10:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit llamawrangler's homepage
I have tried exporting, same problem persists. However, I haven't tried putting the mp3 on my ipod and seeing if it has the same problem, so I may try that later.

I'm looking through the forum page you linked me too, and a few things may be related to it. I don't think it is computer power, as I have a very powerful alienware laptop. I also don't think it is frequencies clipping, as I have tried playing just that sound (the same problem persists) It MAY be the red bar, as it gets kind of close to filling it, although it never completely fills. (it DOES completely fill later in the song, but during a part in which that specific synth isn't playing at all. Interestingly, I have no problems with anything when the meter completely fills)
It could be the sound card, I guess, though it isn't outdated or anything and this is the only synth it applies to.

If you can solve it, spiritwolf, I would be very happy.

@Quicksilver No idea what to do for your first problem, although for the second one, do you have a slightly slow computer? That happens very very rarely to my computer if it is lagging

SpiritWolf
Average Member

United States
237 posts
Posted - 2011/12/11 :  06:54:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SpiritWolf's homepage
Ok I figured it out. I don't have z3ta 2, I have the original version and I think we were both having the same problem. Z3ta makes an awful clicking sound when 2 or more z3ta vsts are open with 2x oversampling on. I'm not sure if you can do this in z3ta 2 but under options uncheck "2x Oversampling." Hope it helps!

llamawrangler

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2011/12/11 :  19:08:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit llamawrangler's homepage
I checked and the options are set to 1x sampling, not 2x oversampling. I think it is just the specific synth having an annoying clicking sound at the beginning, so how would i go about removing the start of a synth?

MC Reedy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 posts
Posted - 2011/12/11 :  21:10:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Reedy's homepage
Is there any automation on that channel, i ask because if for example a filter is being automated and before the synth comes the cutoff is all the way down and then istantly opens up when the synth starts this can sometimes cause a pop.

Just a suggestion

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page