Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

mobile DAWs

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
MC Reedy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 posts
Posted - 2011/12/08 :  21:11:23  Show profile Send a private message  Visit MC Reedy's homepage
I purchased nanostudio on my ipod a while ago, i didnt use it that much at first but recently ive been using it quite alot and once u get the hang of it i think its pretty amazing that you can do all that with a mobile. I even managed to make a complete track

http://soundcloud.com/mc_reedy/f-o-e-g-made-on-my-ipod

So i was wondering if anyone else uses any mobile DAWs and what you think about them

Alert moderator
Karthy

United Kingdom
337 posts
Posted - 2011/12/09 :  11:34:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Karthy's homepage
Definately sounds alright considering it was done on an iPod. It's not going to replace computer based DAW's any time soon though. I mean computer based DAW's are so memory intensive, I have 4gb RAM and still get laggy every now and then when using FL, I highly doubt a phone would have the memory to do everything a computer can in the near future, maybe one day though.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2011/12/09 :  12:05:46  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage
I use a sequencer type thing on my ipod.. I make sounds using it.. then record them onto my pc :)

fruity loops also have an ipod/iPhone app too now

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

MC Reedy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 posts
Posted - 2011/12/10 :  11:14:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Reedy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
Definately sounds alright considering it was done on an iPod. It's not going to replace computer based DAW's any time soon though. I mean computer based DAW's are so memory intensive, I have 4gb RAM and still get laggy every now and then when using FL, I highly doubt a phone would have the memory to do everything a computer can in the near future, maybe one day though.

I agree you would never be able to make as good a sounding track as you can on a computer but it is a great place to start a track considering you can export midi and wav files of the individual tracks. Also its good for practicing writing melodies etc

MC Reedy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 posts
Posted - 2011/12/10 :  11:25:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Reedy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
I use a sequencer type thing on my ipod.. I make sounds using it.. then record them onto my pc :)

fruity loops also have an ipod/iPhone app too now

I heard about that might have to check it out :).
While we're on the subject does anyone else use touch osc. Saved myself a bomb getin that cos i was thinking about getting a midi controller, but you can do everything a hardware controller can do using that and customise the layouts. Bit of a bugger to set up tho

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2011/12/11 :  21:47:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
Need to look into this mate, Be really good to have if ur on the bus or long journey etc I use fl so gunna se about that

tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2011/12/13 :  10:44:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
I bought the fl app, its ok but I don't think you could make a whole tune with it, as u hav to change the settings to have step sequencer and patterns (the grey blocks dunno what there called) or piano roll and the automation bit. u cant go between without deleting what uve done which is shite but good for making melodys n riffs n stuff plus u can transfer stuff between fl app and ur studio which is kool.

I red a few reviews and alot of people were expecting it to be similar to the nano studio and were giving it bad reveiws for being akward n that but dont think they'd be users of fl studio

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page