Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Can you help me with my tracks

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  15:23:37  Show profile Send a private message
I decided to post some of my own tracks because I want to know what you think about them. The tracks are:

De Cultuursnuivers - Dansen op de regenboog.
This song isn't finished yet, we are going to write some lyrics for it (in Dutch). I'm not really happy about the kick, I think I need more punch. Can you help my with my kick? Don't mind the vocals they aren't finished.

Waglas - Hh4_6
This is a song I made 2 years ago. I really like the melody but it doesn't sound right. Can you tell me what I can do better?

Waglas - 183
I finished this song a few weeks ago. I made the sweep myself. Just some noise with reverb and I opened the cutoff frequency. I think it sounds a little empthy. How do you guys make sweeps?

You can find them on http://soundcloud.com/waglas

I hope you can give me some advice.

Alert moderator
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  16:47:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
I listened to HH4_6 - I think the big thing I notice so far is that the synths and bass is very thin. Try layering them for a more authentic sound. The melody is nice, but the bassline makes it sound a little out of tune. Also try and use reverb and delay for the more authentic sound. Layer the kick with something as thats a little weak, and the use of a shaker loop will keep the percussion rolling, as the high hat isnt quite enough for it.

The music sounds good, but those are the fundamentals you need to aim for. The melody on HH4_6 was very nice in the end, and I think if you achieved some more conventional sounds you'd have a winner. Try getting Nexus for a start, and then move progressively onto Sylenth1.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  17:29:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Waglas's homepage
Thanks for listening to my tracks Archefluxx!

First I used Reason and like a year ago I switched to Cubase and Nexus and it sounds much better indeed. I think I have to practice a little bit more with presets before I can try the sound engineering. Adding the shaker loop is a good advice!

What do you think I can do to make the kick in 'Dansen op de regenboog' more powerfull? I make my kicks with Hydra.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  17:41:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
Well the kick in ..that song.. seemed to be riddled with the clap (as in the sound) so I'd look at lowering or temporarily taking off the clap and looking at how to make the track more kick led. The kick is the driving force in the style of music you are trying to make, so it should be a little more powerful than the other sounds imo. Thats the theoretical look at it anyway, you can also gain much insight by comparing your music to a similar style of track

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  21:08:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
I must say that you have a lot of balls, using synths to create the kick. Loads of producers use samples.

Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  21:26:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Waglas's homepage
@Archefluxx: I will try that! Can I ask how you make your kicks?

@v-act: Haha I never expected a reaction like that. In Hydra you got 3 presets for kicks so you don't have to start from scratch. What do you think about my tracks?

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  21:39:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Waglas:
@Archefluxx: I will try that! Can I ask how you make your kicks?

@v-act: Haha I never expected a reaction like that. In Hydra you got 3 presets for kicks so you don't have to start from scratch. What do you think about my tracks?

I think just as Archefluxx, the kick lacks power. Have you tried compressing it? I would say compression and some EQ. Also the leads and the bass are quite thin, but Archefluxx has already told how to do it.

I like em though, the load some seriously great vibes!

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  21:42:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
Also, the piano in Dansen op de Regenboog track is great!

Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  21:44:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Waglas's homepage
No I haven't tried it. I think I'm a little bit afraid of using a compressor but i will try it. Thanks for your advice!

Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/05 :  12:49:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Waglas's homepage
I edited Hh4_6. Actually I only used the melody and made a new song using the advices you gave me. The kick and bass are now more powerfull and I used Nexus for my leads with reverb and delay and added a hi-hat loop to make it more interesting. I didn't compress my kicks, I thought they were loud enough, maybe for my next track.

Thank you for your advice, I'm curious what you think about it now.

You can listen it here: http://soundcloud.com/waglas/waglas-knalluh-in-een-grot

(I also changed the name)

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/11/05 :  14:16:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
It's a lot better, the lead sounds great imo. However, the kick sounds incredibly cute but still lacks power. I think you should consider using another kick, maybe getting some hardcore samples? :)

http://www.boyinaband.com/2008/11/free-happy-hardcore-samples/ these are for free and they work great.

Also I would love to remix this!

Edit: These are a LOT of samples.

Edited by - v-act on 2011/11/05 14:18:33
Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/05 :  14:57:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Waglas's homepage
Thanks for the samples! Do you mean you miss a kind of "punchy distorted part of the kick"? I like the folder "teringherrie" it means ****ing noise in Dutch :P.

Yeah sure you can make a remix, I'm honoured!

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/11/05 :  15:08:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Waglas:
Thanks for the samples! Do you mean you miss a kind of "punchy distorted part of the kick"? I like the folder "teringherrie" it means ****ing noise in Dutch :P.

Yeah sure you can make a remix, I'm honoured!

That's up to you, if you want to use those kicks, then be my guest. :P

Haha i don't know a singe word in dutch :P

Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/05 :  15:12:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Waglas's homepage
O no! I only liked the name :P

If you need something, a midi file or so, just say it.

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/11/05 :  16:05:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
No problem,I let my ears interpret :P

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page