Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

New man needs sum producing software :)

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
The_Aural_Lightweight
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  11:52:08  Show profile Send a private message
hey all...

was wondering if anyone could give me sum advice on what would be a good piece of software to get started with sum producing. just something basic I can get drunk and play around with really...any ideas?

thanks

Alert moderator
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  12:05:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
I know this man in the real world. Offer him NO advice. He doesn't deserve it!

(He's leaving me, and I'm bitter about it :-( )

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The_Aural_Lightweight
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  12:45:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The_Aural_Lightweight's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I know this man in the real world. Offer him NO advice. He doesn't deserve it!

(He's leaving me, and I'm bitter about it :-( )

Just like you left me! Tho to be fair, at least you left me in the capable hands of a south african buxom beauty...who also then left me...hhmmmmmm

Karthy

United Kingdom
337 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  13:02:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Karthy's homepage
Personally I use FL Studio, have done for 3 years, never saw a point in switching to anything else...

However it's largely down to your own preference, download some demo's and find your own favourite...

Cubase, FL Studio, Reason to name a few... never really tried using CB or Reason but I always find FL Studio easy to use when I'm drunk, and was easy for me to get into as a beginner (the older versions though, not sure if anyone else feels the same but I think FL10 is a little more complicated.)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  13:09:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The_Aural_Lightweight:
Just like you left me! Tho to be fair, at least you left me in the capable hands of a south african buxom beauty...who also then left me...hhmmmmmm

a) I left you temporarily.

b) Seriously capable hands. Miss those hands. And that rack. And that arse.

The_Aural_Lightweight
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  13:24:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The_Aural_Lightweight's homepage
Nice one Karthy man...seems like a pretty popular choice...not based on comments on here obviously but from other sources!

will get the demo downloaded, crack on with the vodka this wknd and let you know! thanks again

The_Aural_Lightweight
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  13:26:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The_Aural_Lightweight's homepage
I aint goin for ever...and at least i'm staying on the same continent! Your abandonment was way worse, there is simply no comparison between the two!

hhmmmm, great body, agreed...she did scare me tho

Waglas

Netherlands
47 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  13:30:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Waglas's homepage
I think FL is the easiest to start with but you have to see for yourself what fits you the best. I also tried Reason and Cubase that took me more time to understand but I think Cubase works the best for me.

quote:
b) Seriously capable hands. Miss those hands. And that rack. And that arse.

Are you talking about The_Aural_Lightweight or the 'South African buxom beauty'? :P

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  13:35:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
I aint goin for ever...and at least i'm staying on the same continent! Your abandonment was way worse, there is simply no comparison between the two!

I guess so.

quote:
she did scare me tho

Huge part of the attraction for me. "Is she gonna be gentle........or is she gonna beat the shit out of me and swear violently".

Both equally arousing.

quote:
Originally posted by Waglas:
Are you talking about The_Aural_Lightweight or the 'South African buxom beauty'? :P

If I said the South African buxom beauty, would you believe me?

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2011/11/03 13:39:16
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  13:49:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
First thing you'll need is a DAW:

PC - FL Studio, Cubase, Reason, Ableton.

Mac - Logic

FL and Cubase are certainly my favourite 2 on the PC. I've never used Logic but have heard it's great.

Second thing you will want to get is some decent drum samples as the ones packaged with DAW's do not suit Hardcore. Most current Hardcore drum samples can be found in the Vengeance Essential Clubsounds series.

Thirdly, you may want to get some extra plugins such as better soft synths (Sylenth, Massive, Albino 3, etc) and/or better EQ's, limiters etc. I wouldn't worry about this stuff until you can put a full track together though.

The_Aural_Lightweight
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2011/11/03 :  14:18:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The_Aural_Lightweight's homepage
Waglas & Audio Warfare - many thanks for the advice...didnt realise I would need to get hold of additional samples so will take that into consideration :)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page