Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Happy Hardcore samples

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
llamawrangler

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2011/10/22 :  18:29:39  Show profile Send a private message
Hey, I've been trying to get good at creating music using fruity loops (I did it easily using Magix music maker but using premade loops felt way too lazy), but for some reason, even though I've downloaded a ton of sample packs, I still have no useful sounds for creating the melody. I have plenty of kicks, basslines, bassdrums, etc, but I don't have the tools to create the melodic part of the music, so all my music ends up sounding like extremely raw hardcore. Does anyone know of any samples that contain beats that could be used to create the melody that contrasts the bass? I wasn't able to find any even with a lot of searching, and I'd rather not spend $30 for some sample pack that I have no idea of what is inside.

Alert moderator
tonyg123

United Kingdom
133 posts
Posted - 2011/10/22 :  18:42:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tonyg123's homepage
u can make them mate using synths, like slynth and novation v station etc itts really tricky but i know alot of people do it that way, and there are alot of tutorials on youtube tho none explaining how to operate the synth just copy and get whatever sound there demonstrating

Alert moderator Go to top of page
llamawrangler

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2011/10/23 :  16:11:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit llamawrangler's homepage
Could you link an example please? I have a few synths already but they don't really sound like I want them to be. I searched it up on youtube but the videos don't seem to be very helpful, mostly people showing off or advertising as opposed to actually giving a step by step tutorial. I'll keep searching though.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/10/23 :  16:36:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Don't use samples for synths. Or Bass.

Use instruments for anything that is actualy an instrument (like synths, guitars, pianos or bass which are synths played rather low). Use samples for percussions like kicks, snares, hi hats etc. You can get these from the Vengeance Sample packs for example.

I don't know if Fruity Loops has any already-integrated instruments, but Logic has. At the beginning I also thought I didn't like the synths in Logic, but you have to play around a bit with them, to make them sound good. Now I love them! If Fruity Loops has no instruments, you can download them :) (VST's)

So basically use instruments for anything that you play with notes (like piano) and samples for anything that is "neutral" (kick).

Good luck!

llamawrangler

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2011/10/24 :  01:55:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit llamawrangler's homepage
Thanks! I have a few VSTs right now but I haven't really played around with them much so I'll try that sometime this week. Hopefully I can make it sound right

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,996 posts
Posted - 2011/10/24 :  02:57:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
Sounds like you're needing a SuperSaw! if you have Z3ta+ I highly recommend the Rocket Pimp Hardcore Banks for it.

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=list&what=306&format=&order=date

if you have Reason, I've got some patches I could send your way.

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/10/24 :  16:54:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
you live in illinois so prolly not far from me; i would highly suggest coming to my "studio" & being taught eventually. i live in bradley(60miles south of chicago). my music can be found here. http://soundcloud.com/lorenzo-tweakn

llamawrangler

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2011/11/11 :  02:12:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit llamawrangler's homepage
@ FunDaBounce Nice, I actually just got zeta+ so im going to screw around with it and see if I can make anything interesting. Opening it up the first time was quite frightening tho (so many buttons!)

@ Lorenzo Thanks for the offer, if I'm in the area I might come by, but I checked google maps and I'm an hour and a half away from you. Not sure if I'm willing to drive an hour and a half to meet a guy I've never seen before. If you are in the are though for a concert or something I'd love to meet you

Edit: How exactly do you import banks into zeta+? I'm a bit confused

Edited by - llamawrangler on 2011/11/11 03:08:58
happyraver89

Hungary
40 posts
Posted - 2011/11/11 :  18:57:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit happyraver89's homepage
if it would be easy to make a professional sounding track with only a couple of months of experience, then everyone would be a producer.. it takes years, to make something sound really good.. practice makes perfect!

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,996 posts
Posted - 2011/11/12 :  20:55:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by llamawrangler:

Edit: How exactly do you import banks into zeta+? I'm a bit confused

In version 1.5 of Z3ta hit the "BANK" button on the lower right side. Then browse to the desired bank. You might have to set the browser to look for "All files (*.*)" for the rocket pimp banks.

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page