Total online 1970
 Radio listeners 173+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Best needles to transfer UK hardcore to CPU with?

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ Headkick
Starting Member

United States
3 posts
Posted - 2011/09/14 :  23:09:36  Show profile Send a private message
Hey, I primarily rock CDJs, and have a set of vinyl tables, too. I'm considering getting some new carts for them, and while thinking, I thought to myself, I may as well transfer my vinyl tunes to digital, as long as I'm getting good needles.

So what would you say is the best needle for transferring the most accurate representation possible for UK Hardcore? I want to get M447s for their obvious scratching purposes (And hear they have warm, booming bass,) but the M44Gs are better known for their mixing capabilities. I've heard Whitelabels are good, too.

So what do you guys think? I want the most accurate reflection of the original track possible in these files. Thnx! :D

Alert moderator

Edited by - DJ Headkick on 2011/09/14 23:12:51
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/09/14 :  23:45:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Well, it depends what you want to do with them. The needles that have the best quality are done for playing records and nothing else. If you scratch with these you destroy your needle and your record. Needles like that (for audiophiles) can get up to some thousand bucks.

If you want scratch needles, the quality won't be as good as with normal needles, but you can backwards the record and scratch with it.

The thing is like that: On a vinyl, your "Tracks" are like "V"s in which another V gets. So basically a vertical >>. One of these V's in your vinyl, the other is your needle. The deeper the needle gets into your vinyl, the better the quality is, but the more it rubs and therefore you must be careful because it will use your vinyl pretty fast. Needles for scratching are like V's on which someone cut off the bottom, which means that if you think of >> again, it will rub the borders, but it won't get down to the bottom. So it won't rub that much. And therefore you can scratch and stuff.

I know it sounds complicated, it's almost 2 AM and I'm tired but to sum it up: Either quality, or flexibility :)

Cheers

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page