Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Hello!

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
newgoblin5
Starting Member

Canada
16 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  02:08:14  Show profile Send a private message
I just discovered this site and instantly fell in love!
Im a beginner Dj and i live in a small town (still got some shows haha) and will be in the City all next week and i know i need to get Real Dj gear (currently i have 2 Belt driven Turntables, Serato Scratch and a NEW LAPTOP (hellya! :P)) I know i need a Mixer, and i really like the feel of CDJ's and would love your great opinions / advice on What i should get, I honestly have considered the Numark ICDJ In a box, Or the NDX400's and some Cheap Mixer, My Current Budget is between 200 - 600 (At the moment, that can change over this week, ) and id really like to have some cash left over lol,

Anyways just wanted to say hi and would love some help!

Alert moderator
whispering

Finland
8,453 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  08:36:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
Welcome to the forums!

Can't help you with the suggestions though, as i'm not a DJ myself.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  13:00:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Anything pioneer (built for DJing), you can't really go wrong, the higher the number the for functions you'll get...

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  13:08:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Welcome! I'd definitely recommend the Numark gear for beginners or for those on a tight budget. Might not be mega-packed with features but definitely good quality. Or alternatively, if you want better equipment, save for a while and get some more expensive Pioneer stuff.

Zablar
Starting Member

Sweden
13 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  14:10:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Zablar's homepage
To be honest I think Pioneer is a bit hyped and overpriced when there are gr8 and even better gear out there for half the price.

For twochannel mixer i recomend the denon x600, it got a built in soundcard that sais to be better then ranes. It got the fx and if you want to do scratching its fully made to be able to change to an "innofader" which is one of the top scratch faders. It's allso fully midi so you can use everything to controll a software.

more channels I know people recomend Allan & Health @ the djforums, they have done good gear lately.

newgoblin5
Starting Member

Canada
16 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  15:14:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit newgoblin5's homepage
Thanks for the input!,

DjDMS - Have you dealt with any numark products? Any recommendations / reviews?

Zablar - I so agree, Pioneer is so over priced / over hyped, just like gibson (guitarist lol)

I'll deff keep looking to this thread for more advice, if you have any other recommendations id love to hear them!

Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  18:19:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
Ah, Gibson guitars. Sure they're good, but the prices really are a bit over the top. Gonna get my hands on a proper Les Paul when I can afford it tho!

I have CD decks from Reloop, which I quite like, mixer also from Reloop. The models I bought in 2009 aren't sold anymore, but they have newer upgraded versions of them which shouldn't be too expensive, but I'm not sure if they're within your current budget, as I haven't checked :p Look em up!

newgoblin5
Starting Member

Canada
16 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  19:14:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit newgoblin5's homepage
Thanks i looked them up and their cdjs and they seem good, I'll now look at the prices, Thanks though for the recommendation!

And haha I love Agile Guitars :p

newgoblin5
Starting Member

Canada
16 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  19:18:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit newgoblin5's homepage
Sadly the prices of the Cdj's are much more then i could afford for, I Need a Mixer and id really like to aquire a pair of Cdj's instead of using this belt driven Turntable

ugh lol

newgoblin5
Starting Member

Canada
16 posts
Posted - 2011/08/04 :  00:30:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit newgoblin5's homepage
Any Other recommendations? By this point my Price Budget is 200 - 600, maybe 200 - 800 max! (atm), I already have SSL and would love to Use TimeCoded Cd's so would the Ndx200's or Ndx400's really be that bad for it?

newgoblin5
Starting Member

Canada
16 posts
Posted - 2011/08/09 :  22:43:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit newgoblin5's homepage
Hi Guys!

Just wanted to say thanks so much for the help / recommendations!

In the end i got 2 Ndx800's and a Denon Mixer, Oh yea :p

Thanks so much, cant wait to become part of the forum

Zablar
Starting Member

Sweden
13 posts
Posted - 2011/08/10 :  14:44:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Zablar's homepage
any time and congratz with your new gear :) know a few guys using numark cdplayers and they have sure done the job so far.

newgoblin5
Starting Member

Canada
16 posts
Posted - 2011/08/11 :  01:10:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit newgoblin5's homepage
Ill be home on Monday, And then im gonna start Mixing and testing all the gear with my setup, and ill post a youtube link if it sounds moderatly okay :P !

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page