Total online 1922
 Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

so i plan on buying my first setup next month....

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/03/30 :  20:42:00  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
i was jus going to go with a midi controller & laptop but i always wanted to mix happy hardcore vinyls. so now im considering the following.

http://www.djdeals.com/numarkIBATTLEPACK.htm

a laptop in the range of $400-$600 range(i seen 1 at staples on sale for $430; i3 4gb of ram;asus)-any1 got any recommendations let me know

and some type of time code vinyl system(any recommendations?)

and ill hopefully buy a bulk of happy hardcore vinyl when i have more $.

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  00:47:20  Show profile  Send a private message
The tables are direct drive...that's the only good thing I can say on that package =P

don't forget you'll need needles and headshells

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  09:44:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
I'm sure you'll want to get them decks upgraded very quickly after you get into it but they would get you started I guess.

I run Serato on an Asus and it has worked perfectly for 2 or 3 years now, never had a problem and never get any lag. It's a 3gb, core2duo but I can't remember the clock speed and it isn't to hand for me to check at the mo.

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  09:51:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
yeah, direct drive, but i think you'll get what you pay for.

At the end of the day you are paying for an entire setup that has the same value as a mid-range mixer.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  10:03:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
I wouldn't bother with the vinyl aspect of mixing anymore. The cost isn't justifiable compared to a CD or laptop setup.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  11:18:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I wouldn't bother with the vinyl aspect of mixing anymore. The cost isn't justifiable compared to a CD or laptop setup.

When he said he wanted to mix Happy Hardcore vinyl I presume he was talking about 95-01 sort of stuff so if that's the case then he'll have to go vinyl for most of it. Guess that might not be what he means though.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  11:46:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
I know where you're coming from regarding 95-00 vinyl but again the cost just isn't worth it, it's ok for the likes of us who started to build collections during that time but not for someone starting now. Plus if he wants to play in clubs a lot of clubs no longer play tracks from that era or have vinyl decks set up.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  13:27:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Yeah I know what you're saying, I guess it depends on your reasons for wanting it in the first place. If you just love that era of the music and just want it on its original format there is no harm in starting a collection now. If anything it's cheaper to buy as loads are selling off their collections so prices have dropped.

In other words if you're just a bit of an avid music collector and want to start a Hardcore vinyl collection then now is as good a time as any. If you're just starting DJing for playing out purposes though Mortis is right. I'd grab yourself some CDJ's as this is what you will be forced to play out on at most clubs/events whether you like it or not. ;)

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  13:52:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
yeah, im really considering cdj 200s or ndx400s & a mixer now. maybe ill get sum decent turntables later on.

i want to mix recent UK hardcore & 95-98 era happy hardcore and alot of of the hhc i cant buy digitally. so yeah.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  13:58:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
If you're wanting to play current and older stuff, Serato might be the way forward then mate. Saves buying CDJs and turntables. Think someone mentioned it earlier on. I've only used it a handful of times, but loved it. Could be worth consideration?

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  14:31:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
yeah, im really considering cdj 200s or ndx400s & a mixer now. maybe ill get sum decent turntables later on.

i want to mix recent UK hardcore & 95-98 era happy hardcore and alot of of the hhc i cant buy digitally. so yeah.

I'd go with the 200's out of them mate and keep your eyes open for a cheap pair of second hand 1210's while you're getting the hang of them.

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  14:32:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
If you're wanting to play current and older stuff, Serato might be the way forward then mate. Saves buying CDJs and turntables. Think someone mentioned it earlier on. I've only used it a handful of times, but loved it. Could be worth consideration?

i might buy serato or traktor scratch pro 2 later on; for now though, jus to learn, ill get CDJs; i get quite a bit of money each month(at least it is for a 18year old); so i have no problem adding to my setup every few months.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  14:46:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:

i might buy serato or traktor scratch pro 2 later on; for now though, jus to learn, ill get CDJs; i get quite a bit of money each month(at least it is for a 18year old); so i have no problem adding to my setup every few months.

Ahh in that case, you're laughing then mate! Go wild! lol

If you were looking at CDJs, and since you've got the cash, I'd recommend not bothering with two or four hundreds. Go for the CDJ 800s.

If you felt that too expensive, you can get wicked deals on them second hand, and they're sturdy as hell.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  14:47:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Definitely go with the CDJ's. You can always buy and rip vinyl if you want to play the older tracks as well.

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Posted - 2011/03/31 :  16:12:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
ill look around for sum used cdj 200s or 800s i think.

i think my limit for april is like $1100-$1300usd, $800-$1000 disability check, than 300 from bday money

May; is like quite a bit more. $800 disability checks than like 1000 for graduation. but i plan on buying my studio computer & monitors.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page