Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Jeremy Healy & Amos - Stamp

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2011/03/03 :  21:09:03  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
I'm feeling a bit like Smoogie but this tune is such a classic!

Just wondering what everbody else thinks of it! I love the second breakdown before it bursts into the breakbeat and the piano that comes in near the end is just pure awesome!

My SOUNDCLOUD

Alert moderator
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/03/03 :  21:52:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
I listened to this song for the first time, but I'm with you.
Crazy ongoing acid line!
That's the old Loveparade sound, which got me to intensify my taste of music in EDM and check out about non-commercial succesful tracks and getting addicted to Trance.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2011/03/03 :  23:44:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
I don't know exactly what the Love Parade "sound" is, but I do agree about the acid line. Well, I love everything in this tune! :P

My SOUNDCLOUD

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2011/03/04 :  12:00:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
loved it when it came out, still love it today! classic :) its fun to scratch to!

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/03/04 :  12:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Great track :) Reminds me a bit of Gammer - 34m or UFO - Hypersonic!

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2011/03/04 :  19:26:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
Hmmm, two bloody awesome tunes, Revs... Might have to listen again to see if I hear what you hear. :)

My SOUNDCLOUD

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2011/03/04 :  20:30:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Yeah man, notice all this acid freeformish stuff and then that similar piano in the last break (by similar I mean the way it's played, not the notes!)

I'm sure these new tracks have been influenced by older songs like stamp ;)

Those drums also sound familiar to me, I just don't know what track rips them... I know there's a newer track with very similar ones aswell, but there was a song from 2000 or so with a part where a guy plays on some sort of drums, the clip was similar to On the Move or Exploration of Space, but I can't remember the name :S

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/03/04 :  21:20:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I don't know exactly what the Love Parade "sound" is, but I do agree about the acid line. Well, I love everything in this tune! :P

I havn't found any good videos to show you the sound of a Love Parade between 1993 and 1995, but being to last year's one, I was so pissed off listening to the same Electro/Minimal sound garbage all the time. For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS-7HiYb4OY&feature=related

What the f***? There were nomerous DJ's and even more of those party trucks and everyone only played the same shit. I mean, where has the variety gone?
Tmo most of the people there were either drugged up or bored to death.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2011/03/04 :  22:19:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:

I havn't found any good videos to show you the sound of a Love Parade between 1993 and 1995, but being to last year's one, I was so pissed off listening to the same Electro/Minimal sound garbage all the time. For example:

What the f***? There were nomerous DJ's and even more of those party trucks and everyone only played the same shit. I mean, where has the variety gone?

Think I fell asleep. That's an awful tune, man, so boring. :P

My SOUNDCLOUD

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2011/03/04 :  22:37:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:

Think I fell asleep. That's an awful tune, man, so boring. :P

I like this kind of stuff for afterhour :) But I wish they did more funky these days

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page