Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Genre's that influenced Happycore

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  08:15:22  Show profile Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
What's your predictions/thoughts on the next fad that will become popular in the world of 'pop music'?
IN the early 90's we had some Happycore making into the charts alongside with Euro-Dance. Next there was a trance feel that was Trancecore, then we've got Electro and Electro-House popping it's head up in the year 2000+, Hardstyle somehow gained more ground over HHC and Dubstep is a new trend that came along and is gettting quite a following...

Others include 2step, Reggae, etc, Prodigy style breakbeats and of course our lovely Drumnbass cousin

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  13:45:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Whatever genre becomes big next. You will notice that for the most part Hardcore copies other genres (although this is not true for the best stuff by any means, just the average stuff, or at least the really good stuff does it very well).

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,153 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  14:05:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
what's happycore?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  14:29:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Whatever genre becomes big next. You will notice that for the most part Hardcore copies other genres (although this is not true for the best stuff by any means, just the average stuff, or at least the really good stuff does it very well).

Real Hardcore was nothing compared to the modern stuff. Modern Hadrcore copied Trance then when that died out they went onto Electro & Dubstep

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  15:10:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
what's happycore?

it's a contraction of Happy Hardcore but I see a lot of people using it to refer to 1997 happy hardcore as opposed to upfront or the older breakbeat stuff. I'm starting to hop on the Happycore term and running with it for labelling my mixes & productions because personally I don't like the hard and trancey aspect of hardcore and sort of want to make it [happycore] a subgenre basically now for 160bpm+ HAPPY hardcore music but that's in the future and I will keep hhc.com posted :)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,153 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  16:06:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
what's happycore?

it's a contraction of Happy Hardcore but I see a lot of people using it to refer to 1997 happy hardcore as opposed to upfront or the older breakbeat stuff. I'm starting to hop on the Happycore term and running with it for labelling my mixes & productions because personally I don't like the hard and trancey aspect of hardcore and sort of want to make it [happycore] a subgenre basically now for 160bpm+ HAPPY hardcore music but that's in the future and I will keep hhc.com posted :)

i was sarcastic btw :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

RaverOfDarkness

Hungary
57 posts
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  21:28:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaverOfDarkness's homepage
I hate the house that comes out now days. Too much damn electro and monotone bass. Where is the soulful and funky house that I love?

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  21:39:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RaverOfDarkness:
Where is the soulful and funky house that I love?

Passed away years ago right away after Trance! Sincere condolences!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  21:40:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
You're so right! I love funky and there's still quite a lot of it, but nothing compared to 5-10 years ago. However I do like some of the monotone stuff aswell :) Some of the new tracks have Funky and/or early Hardcore elements again now, it's cool to see.

Edited by - Revs on 2011/02/24 21:41:33
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  23:50:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
funky house is still around, and has never left. it's just not as popular, and most of the places i used to hear it were at gay bars/clubs. i like funky house, but after 3 or 4 songs of it most ppl get sick of it

RaverOfDarkness

Hungary
57 posts
Posted - 2011/02/25 :  01:52:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaverOfDarkness's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
funky house is still around, and has never left. it's just not as popular, and most of the places i used to hear it were at gay bars/clubs. i like funky house, but after 3 or 4 songs of it most ppl get sick of it

Well, i feel the same way about this more electro house business going on right now. After trying to enjoy 3 or 4 songs, I get bored. I want more melodic bass and less monotone bass going on. The bass ruins songs for me.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/25 :  04:18:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RaverOfDarkness:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

Well, i feel the same way about this more electro house business going on right now. After trying to enjoy 3 or 4 songs, I get bored. I want more melodic bass and less monotone bass going on. The bass ruins songs for me.

feel the same way about electro too. well actually all house and its subgenres out there right now. i greatly miss the house of the late 90s early 00s

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2011/02/25 :  09:43:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Eugh, Funky House. :P Awful. All the dirty House stuff around now is much better. I do like "proper" oldskool House though (late 80's/early 90's), that was always wicked.

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2011/02/25 09:45:01
RaverOfDarkness

Hungary
57 posts
Posted - 2011/02/25 :  19:31:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaverOfDarkness's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Eugh, Funky House. :P Awful. All the dirty House stuff around now is much better. I do like "proper" oldskool House though (late 80's/early 90's), that was always wicked.

Recommend me a great recent dirty House track then because I haven't heard any. Heard a lot of crap.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page