Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Starstruck - drum and bass alias

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Starstruck has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  08:10:27  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
Incase anyone wants to give some of my drum and bass a listen

http://soundcloud.com/extracy

-j

Alert moderator
Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  13:49:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
So this is what you've been up to ;p I'll have a listen!

edit: damn this is pretty nawty!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Dante on 2011/02/18 13:52:28
ozmium
Advanced Member

United States
521 posts
ozmium has attended 1 event
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  20:17:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ozmium's homepage
I love his dnb its awesome

http://soundcloud.com/ozmium

Co Owner of Hardcore energy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HardcoreEnergyPromo

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardcore-Energy

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  21:38:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Great dude keep it up :) Second one could be Breakbeat Hardcore hehe.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  09:10:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Excellent stuff mate, very much what i'm into at the minute.

Agreed with Revs on 'Bionic crystal' - can definitely imagine playing that in a Hardcore set.

When (or if) these are available to buy i'll be at the front of the queue!

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
2,000 posts
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  21:44:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
Dude's got talent!!
Cryogenixx is outstanding ;)

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  06:05:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
Cheers for the comments guys.

I'm not yet happy with my DNB stuff yet, but I've been working on my sounds a lot, particularly sound design on the basses and processing of the kick / snare, should be improving in quality soon!

Glad some of you like Bionic Crystal too, it was my first attempt at a dnb tune, but it still had the hardcore aura about it - the kick and snare weren't really 100% dnb yet, more of the breakbeat kinda hardcore stuff that's coming out recently cos of the progression and riff with a bit of a buzzy dnb touch with a bass i cooked up..

Be sure to stay in touch and follow me on soundcloud if you like what I'm doing thus far, as i won't be doing Hardcore any more.

Thanks again!

-james

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  06:57:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Starstruck:

Be sure to stay in touch and follow me on soundcloud if you like what I'm doing thus far, as i won't be doing Hardcore any more.

How come you've stopped the hardcore mate? Just a change of heart? Or strategic/career move?

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  07:49:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
I have received that question on numerous occasions lately, now is probably the time i should answer it properly. As with pretty much everything I move on from, there are always multiple reasons, (because I'd have plenty of good reasons of doing whatever it may be in the first place, i tend to finish things i start)... However, here are the main reasons to answer your question Jay.

1. I loved Hardcore ever since I heard oldschool Hardcore, however I eventually got a little tired of the generic form it's melded it's self into these days.. Whilst there are still a good handful of producers who battle against the grain of normality - the music was getting more and more monotonous for me.

2. I like other genres of music too. My personal belief is that in theory a music producer shouldn't limit his/herself to one genre of music. There is more to life as a producer than just one genre of music. I also feel that a music producer SHOULD be able to expand ones selves talent and creativity beyond just a single genre as well - and ultimately i believe I'm able to do that, but would rather prove it in action than by words. I'm producing not just DNB, but Hardstyle and Trance too.

3. As a label owner , i knew the market state i was delving into. It's 2011 now, and vinyl sales have nearly depleted, and it's now the digital age. This is a bit of a double edged sword as since most labels don't sell a tangible product anymore (which is easily obtainable free of charge), labels owners and producers alike face an added ballache that is living off bread and water due to this. I'm not blaming filesharing to be exact, a lot of other scenes flourish selling just digitals - but i think more people in the Hardcore scene need to buy the music, the ratio towards those who pirate it and those who buy is unfavourable at the moment. I want to challenge myself in larger and more controlled markets.

4. I don't really think i was ever that good at producing Hardcore, i don't really think it was 100% for me. I'm having more fun making Drum and Bass at the moment than i did making Hardcore so maybe that's saying something ????

Hope that answers your question Jay.

Edited by - Starstruck on 2011/02/24 07:50:07
JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  08:13:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
I would say that pretty much answers my question mate, yeah. lol.

That's fair play then. I think the most telling fact is that you're already enjoying DnB production more than Hardcore - and the bottom line is: Why fcuk about wasting time on a genre that you're enjoying less than another?

Good luck to you buddy. And I missed all of the AWF closing down threads on here earlier this year or whenever it was (I had a five week session in Thailand and was in such a mess twenty-four hours a day that I had zero chance of operating a PC, let alone keeping up to date with things on here) so - I will take this opportunity to thank you for all the work you did with Australia With Force. I'm glad you did it, and I'm gutted that it couldn't continue. I'm the proud owner of no-less than 21 Australia With Force tracks.

Just a word on the economics of the digital label issue. This is purely a (uneducated) guess - but I think the longevitity (lack there of, rather) of the countless digital labels that we have today (especially the newer, less established and exclusively digital labels) is dictated - amongst other things - by the huge number of tracks that are released on a weekly basis versus the number of consumers/hardcore DJ's. You only have to go on trackitdown and scroll down the new releases page, looking at the dates of the releases, to get an idea of the enormous number of tracks that are released on a weekly, let alone monthly, basis. The average hardcore DJ, I would imagine, is still spending the same amount of money on buying digital tracks now, as they were two years ago. However, there's a shed load more labels around now, and that same amount of money becomes incredibly diluted. Less income per label. It's totally unsustainable.

Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2011/02/24 :  19:46:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Starstruck:
I'm having more fun making Drum and Bass at the moment than i did making Hardcore so maybe that's saying something ????

Innit, I find breakbeats are more interesting to work with than four-to-the-floor stuff. I still like hardcore, but I can't seem to make much of it anymore ;<

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page