Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Happy House Does Exist!

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  07:51:44  Show profile Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
I found it on the techno.org website. Mr Ishkur said so and he is a well respected person on all things Genres in the world of Techno, Dance, Electronic music.

Some examples he gave are: anything by Vengaboys, Miss Papaya - Sugarboy, Anything by Aqua - barbie Girl, Hit 'n Hide - SPace Invaders, Tempo - Everybody get up, Smile.dk - Butterfly.. aya eieieeay..i'm your little butterfly. Green, black and blue - make the colours in the sky.

Anyways, my point is that Happy House music does exist and so does Japanese Makina

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  08:04:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
I found it on the techno.org website. Mr Ishkur said so and he is a well respected person on all things Genres in the world

Anyways, my point is that Happy House music does exist and so does Japanese Makina

Don't believe everything you see and read, he is not respected, he doesn't know what he is talking about most of the time, he uses is own personal opinion and ideas of what genres should be rather than actual fact. Sure there are different ways to see genres and genre names change around the world but I've found Ishur to invent new genres just so he can label something.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  08:13:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
most of what u named is called eurodance by most ppl. speaking of eurodance i hate to be a smoogie but was just going thru some vids on youtube of some tracks and here they are! :)

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  08:25:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
Ok, Silver, i have a suspicion you may be right. but anyhows, that Track 'OPen Your Eyes'By KoKo (latinxtc posted) is such a great track. I remember listening to it back in the days, and then Brisk had to remake it into a Hardkore track, that gets played (and overplayed). under the name 'Eyeopener'.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  08:30:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
yeah ishkar isnt well respected

also "happy" is a adjective, and would be completely relative, unhappy house in that case, also exists.

most of those songs you are describing are styles of Eurodance.

(watch someone now ignore that i said "most")

your best bet for getting a good "opinion" on styles of music is just to look up the Discogs page.

Aqua - barbie Girl (Euro House)
Papaya* - Pink (Europop )
Vengaboys - Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom (Euro House)
Hit 'n' Hide - Space Invaders (Euro House)

though they dont seem to have a tag for J-core, what most people refer to what you're calling "japanese makina"

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  12:11:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Mr Ishkur said so and he is a well respected person on all things Genres in the world of Techno, Dance, Electronic music.

LOL. Quite the opposite.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,153 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  14:16:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Japanese Makina is only Makina produced by a Japanese artist... with an japanese flavour :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  14:19:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage

Streetracing and Happy House, what's better!

(Yeah I know - Happy House doesn't exist.)

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  16:00:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Well, there is nothing happy about that tune, it's just your average House tune, all House sounds like that. That is really over the top pigeon holing lol. Do you give every song that dosn't sound exactly the same it's own subgenre lol?

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/02/08 16:02:27
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  16:12:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
That's what I first wanted to say, House always sounds like that and that's why there's no need to mention it's happy, Hardcore on the other hand musn't be happy that's why -> Happy Hardcore

No I don't? Why? This if the first time I do that, I just like the name 'Happy House' :)
And if you were referring to the Tekno thing, Hardtek is really not the same as Gabber!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  16:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:

Streetracing and Happy House, what's better!

(Yeah I know - Happy House doesn't exist.)

great remake! here's the original

also, the rockefeller version is listed as house/disco. i think here in the US we call it funky house

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  16:37:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
And if you were referring to the Tekno thing, Hardtek is really not the same as Gabber!

It was a question, not a statement, and a rhetorical question. I don't know anything about the Tekno thing. And yes Hardtek is nothing like Hardcore.

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  19:37:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
we call that euro in canada here...

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  20:27:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage
What's in the first post is bubblegum dance not happy house.

There is such a thing as happy house as I've mentioned previously. I don't think there is any around now though. There's plenty of happy sounding house but not any Happy House as a genre which was mainly a 1995 thing in the house scene.

As for ishkur...don't always agree with him but I find his comments hilarious. He does have a tendancy to hit the nail right on the head sometimes:

"Personally, I think if you have to abandon flighty emotional stuff for a harder edge in order to get people to take you seriously as a musician, you probably aren't a very good one"

So true and unfortunately very common.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  20:45:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
Eurodance was influenced by House Music (rythmn), Hip-Hop (rapping) and New Wave (synthesizer sound). I think former name of Eurodance was Hip House, before it got too popular.
So I do see a strong connection too House, but definetly "Happy House" is a wrong term to circumscribe this genre.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2011/02/08 :  22:16:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
@ latininxtc: cool hadn't heard that one before! I was already assuming it would be ripped from somewhere, but seriously, how could it not be :P
We call it funky as well by the way... I love funky! Here another track if you'd like to check out! Mainpart could have been more powerfull but I still love this song :)

@ Hard2Get: Check the dubstep thread!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page