Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/10/15 :  20:47:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
I think there's definitely more bad dubstep than good, unfortunately. Like sorting through the bargain bin for a good deal, haha. I do enjoy the wub wubs though, if done well.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ C-Regz

United States
117 posts
Posted - 2010/10/16 :  12:16:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ C-Regz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lawlzy:
I think there's definitely more bad dubstep than good, unfortunately. Like sorting through the bargain bin for a good deal, haha. I do enjoy the wub wubs though, if done well.

Yeah, you gotta listen to a lot of crappy dubstep to hear the good stuff. I just stick to artists I like..

Not sure how to double quote but I will add the fact on Rusko moving to America and pushing the dubstep sound made it a bit more popular. Plus there's TONS of top dubstep producers living here in the States.

SoundCloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/dj_c-regz <-- Follow me!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2010/10/16 :  14:35:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Give it a year & we will have Clubland Extream Dubsetp full of remixes of Dubsetp tunes. Going to be banging (not)

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/10/16 :  14:51:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Actually you could still consider some hardstyle like harder Hard Trance.

But I don't like any of those, see, House, Hardcore, DnB, that's music with a background.

Hardcore has a background? Maybe. It was good in the 90's when it had a beat and melody, then it went through a transformation that saw it become a distorted mess.

I would say Hardstyle is better than hardcore in that it's slower so it can fit more actual melody in it. That is disregarding the fact that current hardstyle is about as soft as melting butter. Same goes for hardcore.

Edited by - Lilley on 2010/10/18 12:02:23
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2010/10/16 :  14:53:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lawlzy:

That's a pretty good rule for any genre of music. 90's alternative rock may be the exception to this, quite a difficult task to make bad alt. rock.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2010/10/18 :  00:11:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
not overly a fan myself, feel like its one of those genres you have to dig around in alot before you can find any good stuff (like how DnB used to be before liquid and commercial stuff kicked off)

a few that spring to mind for me are

Pendulum - Set Me on Fire
DJ Fresh - Fight (wont sound great but the little synth whine makes me chuckle at bits)
Doctor P - Neon
DZ - Just Rollin (Akira Kiteshi remix)
DZ - My Moon My Dub

Mistabishi - Printer Jam (Barbarix Dubstep Remix) ..is mental you should have a listen to that one cause its an interesting piece of music - most of the track consists of printer sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4eM3W6zVmY

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2010/10/18 :  14:19:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Actually you could still consider some hardstyle like harder Hard Trance.

But I don't like any of those, see, House, Hardcore, DnB, that's music with a background.

Hardcore has a background? Maybe. It was good in the 90's when it had a beat and melody, then it went through a transformation that saw it become a distorted mess.

I would say Hardstyle is better than hardcore in that it's slower so it can fit more actual melody in it. That is disregarding the fact that current hardstyle is about as soft as melting butter. Same goes for hardcore.

It's chavs/guidos music, lol

http://thecampusthrone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/guido.jpg

I'm sorry but I just love this

Edited by - Revs on 2010/10/18 14:20:30
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2010/10/18 :  15:33:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
Ha. In aus its hardcore that is lad music. They're all over it like herpes.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2010/10/18 :  16:12:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
Haha I actually ment both!

NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
NeXuS has donated money to the site NeXuS has attended 15 events
Posted - 2010/10/19 :  10:59:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage  Reply with quote
Dubstep is getting a huge following here. The filthier the better.

It may not be to your tastes but I wouldn't write it off as some pointless genre that has no place in the music scheme of things. A break beat (imo) is multiple times more interesting than a 4/4 beat, which is why I have always been a fan of hardcore breakbeat. Almost every DnB head is also into dubstep if not, more. There is tons of quality produced dubstep and the internet has made it possible for no name, talented producers to get their tracks heard worldwide.
The internet is not only responsible for the rediculously quick, widespread infection of dubstep, but every other genre of music as well. The game has changed and it will never be the same again.
It wasn't just randomly produced one day by some guy, it was actually a "brain child" of a group of producers including Caspa and Rusko that (very delicatly) released it into the world. Drum and Bass artists were, of coarse, the first to jump on it. The transition is almost natural.

NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/10/19 :  11:04:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage  Reply with quote
Chase & Status - Eastern Jam
" " - Running
Deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (Caspa remix)
Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyes (Jakwob remix)
Mr Hudson - White Lies (Rusko remix)
Nero - Innocence
" - Act Like you Know
Nit Grit, almost anything by Nit Grit is good.
Riskotheque - The Monster
also search for some Zed's Dead remixes

simdog

Sweden
457 posts
simdog has attended 31 events
Posted - 2010/10/19 :  18:15:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit simdog's homepage  Reply with quote
my current favourite song, that will most likely change when i get the new hardcore underground though....

NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/10/19 :  22:25:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage  Reply with quote
absolutely sweet music video to Innocence. I went to Nocturnal and my fav moment of that night is when Chase & Status dropped it.

Edited by - NeXuS on 2010/10/21 07:15:34
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2010/10/21 :  07:51:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
i think that theres some amazing dubstep, but allot of amateur wanna be rubbish. you just have to look around, follow the reliable youtube channels and experiment...

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2010/10/26 :  22:18:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Give it a year & we will have Clubland Extream Dubsetp full of remixes of Dubsetp tunes. Going to be banging (not)

LOL Smoogie that could happen.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page