Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2010/08/19 :  21:45:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
quote:
"Where are all the hip hoppers @?"

On a different site?

What? do you only listen to one Genre of music? You must have one boring ass music collection my friend.

Im sorry only one genre of music really interests me. SO FKIN SORRY

ah, sorry to hear that. aaaaaaanyway, here's a couple from the teacher in old skool hip hop, KRS One from 'Boogie Down Productions'.

He was a true force in hip hop in the mid 80's & his stuff still sounds fresh today. I've got a real passion for this old stuff & without doubt deserves a mention. Hopefully this influences a few of the younger, more open minded members on here.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Ken Masters on 2010/08/19 21:53:24
Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2010/08/19 :  22:23:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shades_of_Grey:
i wouldn't class any of the mentioned artists 'old skool'

old skool imho is the breakdancing days, street sounds electro: herbie hancock - rockit, newcleus - jam on it, arthur baker - breakers revenge, chris 'the glove' taylor - itchyban scratch.......

thats old skool

lol had to post this

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/08/19 :  23:25:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
"Where are all the hip hoppers @?"

On a different site?

What? do you only listen to one Genre of music? You must have one boring ass music collection my friend.

Im sorry only one genre of music really interests me. SO FKIN SORRY

Wow, i feel for you pal.

Anyway it goes a little something like this, hit it!

quote:
now were talking Meathead. Keep ya head up is such a powerful tune like so many of Pac's.

Dam right! The man was a poet.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2010/08/19 23:30:23
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2010/08/19 :  23:29:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
@ Shades of Grey - oh come on! So you don't think any of the vids posted in this thread deserve the title 'old skool'? I posted 2 Lovebug Starski vids up god dang it ; )

Gotta agree with the Herbie Hancock mention though. Now thats old skool. Was scratchin to a bit of the 'Future Shock' album few weeks back.

Post a few vids mate. Thats what its all about, digging up the forgotten oldies that helped make hip hop the force it was in the 80's/90's.

Talking of the man....

(1983)
(1983) gotta love the vid for 'Rockit' lol one of the best music videos ever.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2010/08/19 23:33:29
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/08/19 :  23:45:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
(1983)

Now that's a bit too old school for me. I listen to this and all i can invision is Eddie Murphy, says it all really lol

Ahem

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2010/08/19 23:47:16
DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/08/20 :  12:09:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
[quote]Originally posted by djkenmasters:
@ Shades of Grey - oh come on! So you don't think any of the vids posted in this thread deserve the title 'old skool'? I posted 2 Lovebug Starski vids up god dang it ; )

Gotta agree with the Herbie Hancock mention though. Now thats old skool. Was scratchin to a bit of the 'Future Shock' album few weeks back.

Post a few vids mate. Thats what its all about, digging up the forgotten oldies that helped make hip hop the force it was in the 80's/90's.

Just thought i'd add about "OLD SKOOL" Its the same with the argument on here old skool is whats old skool for you, i think all the vids posted are old skool.

Its like when westwood interviewed Chipmunk and he asked him whos ya fav old skool rapper n chip diddy chip replied 50 cent. So when westwood asked 50 bout it, 50 agreed by saying chip ws like 10 when his first album dropped so to him 50 is old skool, i agree i think it depends on your age & how your introduced to a genre of music!!!!!!!!

DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/08/20 :  12:10:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
yo ken check your inbox m8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2010/08/20 :  13:48:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:

Now that's a bit too old school for me. I listen to this and all i can invision is Eddie Murphy, says it all really lol

lmfao @ the Eddie Murphy invision but I hear ya haha Thats goin back a bit alright but check out the 'Rockit' one Mr Meathead, vid is a stroke of sheer genius.

I've never been the biggest Beastie Boys fan but like a few of their tunes, especially 'Intergalactic' They know how to make video, thats for sure ; )

@ Hutchy - Not to sure about Fiddy bein old skool but I see where your coming from mate. I suppose its the earliest stuff that got you into a certain scene that could be classed as old skool. After all, you could class the old samples that these DJ's/Producers used to make their tracks as being the real old skool. Genres just progress into something new & I suppose its really hard to tie down exactly where it all began. Will add you on MSN in a bit Hutchy. Ain't been on there in ages!! Not been much point in me being on there since the taking a break from the station

Keep em coming. Here's another few oldies...

This is where it all began for Dr Dre. Him & DJ Yella (of NWA) aswell as a few others formed a group called 'World Class Wreckin Cru' in '84 & done both Hip Hop & Electro.

FingazMc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,761 posts
FingazMc has attended 28 events
Posted - 2010/08/20 :  14:02:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit FingazMc's homepage  Reply with quote

One of my favourite songs of all time. And 2 live crew were one of the fist Hip hop outfits i ever heard. Got alot of inspiration from them for my songs and my lifestyle ;) ;)

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2010/08/20 :  23:24:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
ok you asked for it

bare in mind these albums were mixed & Electro 1 was released in 1983

doubt if any of you lil puppies were born when these were released lol i was a teen breakdancing on street corners..... good times

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page