Starting out DJing.

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
H3RO

United States
145 posts
Posted - 2010/08/15 :  07:54:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit H3RO's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok for one, I don't have an ego. If I did, I wouldn't be asking for opinions and input. Believe it or not, I have looked into software, and it's not doing it for me. I am also not someone who picks up a hobby and drops it in three weeks. None of you know me hardly at all and I don't expect that you should, but I'd appreciate not jumping to such harsh conclusions. I've been doing research and looking into things for quite awhile now. So my "ridicuously big ego" has led me to find out that if I got two decent CDJ's and a decent mixer, it would run me right around $200 less than Stanton's and Serato. So, being that I don't have a lot of money, $200 would be in my best interest saving, would it not?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/08/15 :  18:09:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
Good CDJs and a decent mixer are already running, what, $1300?

Pioneer 400s are nearly $800 each new, I'm guessing you're buying used from ebay or amazon so we'll call them $500 each. Then the mixer if you settle for a shitty one could be about $300. But the difference between $1300 and $1500 is smaller than the difference between $1 and $201. In the end it's just what you want to use, CDs or Vinyls. I advise against vinyl without serato because its just so damn hard to find these days, but then again you DID say with serato so that's just an arbitrary side note.

And it's really nothing personal when we say don't spend a lot of money because you're just going to quit. Most of us trying to help here have been regularing this site for quite some time now, and we help out a new guy once a week practically. All of them want the best gear because theres no way they'll ever quit! Then in less than a month they just go inactive and all we can do is assume they're now trying to resell all their gear they stupidly purchased. That's why my advice is to go really expensive or really cheap, so you either can't quit so easily or don't mind the loss so much.

That's right, hellokitty.com, and don't act like you don't want one too.

H3RO

United States
145 posts
Posted - 2010/08/15 :  18:24:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit H3RO's homepage  Reply with quote
What i was looking at were 2 numark cdj's that can scratch, (i forget the little NXF yada yada thing), and a gemini mixer. the cdj's are 200 a piece and the mixer is 150. plus headphones that's right around 600. two stanton t.62's are 200 a piece, plus the mixer is 150, plus serato which i haven't found any cheaper than 250-300, so that's 900 plus headphones so i'm looking at right about 1000 dollars. and 400 hundred dollars is like 3 months worth of gas and insurance for my car. lol.

DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/08/16 :  05:30:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage  Reply with quote
For headphones, I actually prefer using noise attenuating earbuds over traditional DJ headphones, but that's more personal preference. Also they cost about $20 as opposed to hundreds ^^

That's right, hellokitty.com, and don't act like you don't want one too.

Splinta
Starting Member

Australia
2 posts
Posted - 2010/08/30 :  05:28:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Splinta's homepage  Reply with quote
Im new to the whole Mixing thing aswel, H3ro. i also agree with you researching and weighing up on the Pro's n Con's on what u buy. coz in the end, u get what u pay for. if u go cheap, expect to replace, but if u ( like Project and others are saying) pay big now it will last u for a longer time.
2 logical reason why they say it
A) u will save more money in the long run
and
B) its what u really want to do ( Vinyl, CDJ, etc)

Personally ive gone with a beginners set that will last me a few years while i learn from scratch. that i can give to me lil bro to learn when he can use it. but i have saved my money and havent spent my money on a whim.
This is what it is. Comments please.
http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/specials/specials-2/reloop-rmp1-cd-player-pack-2.html

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page