Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2010/08/08 :  21:35:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Originally posted by Righteous9:
And the Dopest will always be the Beastie Boys

You shittin me right?

i agree. i don't kno how the hell these guys won grammies in the rap category.

they have good tunes, "Fight For Your Right " is a rocking tune if you ask me!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Project-Industrial has attended 24 events
Posted - 2010/08/09 :  15:53:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage  Reply with quote
everytime I wanna take a shit I think of hiphop.. dun like that stuff ._.

http://www.project-industrial.com
http://www.discogs.com/label/Furious+Monkey+Records
http://www.furiousmonkeyrecords.com/

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2010/08/09 :  18:23:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
quote:

It's cause the Grammys are a joke, and shouldn't be paid attention to, ever, at any point in time.

And Latin, let me ask you this? Actually, let me lay this discussion to rest once and for all, because I'm sick and tired of people saying rap has no substance nowadays. You're a hardcore fan, no? So you know all the new releases, all the underground stuff, you're in, or aware of, the scene. You know of the Darwin's, and Fracus's. Someone who doesn't listen to a lick of EDM, or only the mainstream stuff, would be fair in their assumption that all hardcore is shit nowadays. Doesn't in the slightest make it true. Same with rap. All the people here who say rap is all about hoes, money, and drugs, or has no substance is exactly like the people who think all hardcore is Darren Styles and Mark Breeze.. you(plural) clearly haven't heard a rap song outside of A Millie, or Swagga Like Us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdj83pgX40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIdpsZxOq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvv0SRzs4Cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4-0rfL1qk

latin, listen to those tracks, and really listen to the words, and then try and say there's no purpose to the lyrics nowadays. Those are all 2010 tracks, except the Budden song, which is from 2008.

no.

EDM in general has never been about the lyrics. production first, vocals & lyrics distant second. and as gay as some of the cxh stuff may sound, it isn't exactly terrible just repetitive. and you have ppl who like a song in no matter what language they are sung in. which is probably why Blumchen was such a huge success. and a couple other japanese EDM songs out there too.

Rap is and always has been about its vocals, lyrics, meaning of the song. And lately it has been little to none of that. I will say that there is probably still stuff out there with substance, but the music has far been too ruined for me to even take the time to even try and look for it. And personally i was never that big of a fan of it even when i did like it. I'm perfectly content putting all my time and effort into EDM, specifically UK hardcore, especially now that i have my own dj set to make my own mixes!

rap/hiphop is not ever going to be touching my system! unless i get paid decently to play a set of it and/or they provide the tracks for me. even then i'll fight with them tooth and nail if i have to, but since i just started that'll be a long ways coming.

No, that's not true. Where YOU look, there has been little to no substance in lyrics, but rap is far from dead. Where some people look, hardcore is dead, and NOTHING but shitty pop remixes, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. People just need to look for the Darwins of the genre.

Don't like rap, I couldn't care less, but saying rap is crap, and has no substance when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about is worse than the ignorant people that say hardcore is nothing but electronic, computer made, junk. I guess I was asking too much out of a hardcore (hardcore, metal, even rap) fan to understand the similarities of the situation and actually respond with a rational though process. Of course you'd be blinded by your fanboyish, almost cock-in-mouth, love of hardcore.

Also, you not taking a second to listen to those songs shows that you already have your mind made up about rap, and that nothing the industry does can change that. It could go back to the quality of the mid 90's - early 2000's, and you'd still say it was complete shit. The only rappers in the world could be Talib Kweli, Common, Nas, Joe Budden and Slum Village, and you'd still say rap is terrible atm and has no substance. Really listen to yourself.. "rap is shit nowadays man, it had so much more substance back in the day".. "naw man, here's some rap with substance that came out this year".. "naw, **** that, i aint listening, rap is shit nowadays". Such a need to be right about this, you have, that when the opportunity to prove you wrong presents itself, you needlessly throw it away, backing it with the exact same stuff you said in your earlier post. I feel sorry for you, that you base your tastes solely on genre, and can't just appreciate good music.

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2010/08/09 18:38:48
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2010/08/10 :  21:20:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's cause the Grammys are a joke, and shouldn't be paid attention to, ever, at any point in time.

And Latin, let me ask you this? Actually, let me lay this discussion to rest once and for all, because I'm sick and tired of people saying rap has no substance nowadays. You're a hardcore fan, no? So you know all the new releases, all the underground stuff, you're in, or aware of, the scene. You know of the Darwin's, and Fracus's. Someone who doesn't listen to a lick of EDM, or only the mainstream stuff, would be fair in their assumption that all hardcore is shit nowadays. Doesn't in the slightest make it true. Same with rap. All the people here who say rap is all about hoes, money, and drugs, or has no substance is exactly like the people who think all hardcore is Darren Styles and Mark Breeze.. you(plural) clearly haven't heard a rap song outside of A Millie, or Swagga Like Us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdj83pgX40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIdpsZxOq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvv0SRzs4Cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4-0rfL1qk

latin, listen to those tracks, and really listen to the words, and then try and say there's no purpose to the lyrics nowadays. Those are all 2010 tracks, except the Budden song, which is from 2008.

no.

EDM in general has never been about the lyrics. production first, vocals & lyrics distant second. and as gay as some of the cxh stuff may sound, it isn't exactly terrible just repetitive. and you have ppl who like a song in no matter what language they are sung in. which is probably why Blumchen was such a huge success. and a couple other japanese EDM songs out there too.

Rap is and always has been about its vocals, lyrics, meaning of the song. And lately it has been little to none of that. I will say that there is probably still stuff out there with substance, but the music has far been too ruined for me to even take the time to even try and look for it. And personally i was never that big of a fan of it even when i did like it. I'm perfectly content putting all my time and effort into EDM, specifically UK hardcore, especially now that i have my own dj set to make my own mixes!

rap/hiphop is not ever going to be touching my system! unless i get paid decently to play a set of it and/or they provide the tracks for me. even then i'll fight with them tooth and nail if i have to, but since i just started that'll be a long ways coming.

No, that's not true. Where YOU look, there has been little to no substance in lyrics, but rap is far from dead. Where some people look, hardcore is dead, and NOTHING but shitty pop remixes, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. People just need to look for the Darwins of the genre.

Don't like rap, I couldn't care less, but saying rap is crap, and has no substance when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about is worse than the ignorant people that say hardcore is nothing but electronic, computer made, junk. I guess I was asking too much out of a hardcore (hardcore, metal, even rap) fan to understand the similarities of the situation and actually respond with a rational though process. Of course you'd be blinded by your fanboyish, almost cock-in-mouth, love of hardcore.

Also, you not taking a second to listen to those songs shows that you already have your mind made up about rap, and that nothing the industry does can change that. It could go back to the quality of the mid 90's - early 2000's, and you'd still say it was complete shit. The only rappers in the world could be Talib Kweli, Common, Nas, Joe Budden and Slum Village, and you'd still say rap is terrible atm and has no substance. Really listen to yourself.. "rap is shit nowadays man, it had so much more substance back in the day".. "naw man, here's some rap with substance that came out this year".. "naw, **** that, i aint listening, rap is shit nowadays". Such a need to be right about this, you have, that when the opportunity to prove you wrong presents itself, you needlessly throw it away, backing it with the exact same stuff you said in your earlier post. I feel sorry for you, that you base your tastes solely on genre, and can't just appreciate good music.

you should't make such a huge effort on trying to convert anyone on here to what the quality of rap is b/c it's effort well wasted. u should let ppl figure it out for themselves. same thing w/ ppl who are out there hating on EDM. I have friends who do that and i don't care I let them say what they want b/c it doesn't change my own personal opinion or interests about it.

And i never said that it was dead, just the quality of it was there. and i wasn't trying to be right about everything the IMHO was implied throughout the whole post so don't get ur panties in a wad

yzerman

United Kingdom
132 posts
yzerman has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/08/14 :  18:54:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i like old school rap more but present artist i like are jay z, talib kwali and mos def
Talib is class if u havnt heard of him check him out good stuff

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2010/08/14 :  23:50:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
i wouldn't class any of the mentioned artists 'old skool'

old skool imho is the breakdancing days, street sounds electro: herbie hancock - rockit, newcleus - jam on it, arthur baker - breakers revenge, chris 'the glove' taylor - itchyban scratch.......

thats old skool

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2010/08/15 :  00:15:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
To my opinion Hip-Hop/Rap doesn't belong to the music family. Don't get me wrong! But the main part of Hip-Hop/Rap are the lyrics. And Lyrics are a part of literature. Only the unknown DJ's of that part of art do have a connection to music.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2010/08/15 :  22:49:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shades_of_Grey:
i wouldn't class any of the mentioned artists 'old skool'

old skool imho is the breakdancing days, street sounds electro: herbie hancock - rockit, newcleus - jam on it, arthur baker - breakers revenge, chris 'the glove' taylor - itchyban scratch.......

thats old skool

CYBOTRON lol

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page